January 18, 2015 - Indianapolis, IN

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 18, 2015.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park have blasted through two dates so far on their current North American tour in support of their 2014 effort "The Hunting Party"; on January 15, the band began the tour in Orlando, FL, and, last night saw them play the second date in Nashville, TN. Tonight, January 18, comes the third show of the nineteen-show tour in Indianapolis, IN, at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The band will be joined by supporting acts Of Mice And Men and Rise Against.

Tonight's show will be Linkin Park's first time playing at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse, which actually opened fairly recently, in late 2011, but Indianapolis has seen Linkin Park quite a few times in the past. The band performed there three times in 2001, and later brought their Projekt Revolution summer festival tour to the city three times in a row, in 2004, 2007 and 2008. Their most recent performance in Indianapolis was in 2012 on the Honda Civic tour.

[YOUTUBE]XsI3hx4Iz6Y[/YOUTUBE]​

Last night's show in Nashville saw the band unveil a brand-new setlist that shuffled a few songs around to different spots in the set and re-introduced the shortened version of the "Meteora" cut "Lying From You", complete with an intro drawn from the mash-up with Jay-Z's "Dirt Off Your Shoulder". This is the first time the song has been performed this year.

A recording of the shortened "New Divide" (and some of "What I've Done" too) is among the very first videos from the show to be uploaded to YouTube as fan footage begins to trickle in.

[YOUTUBE]0FUhY7m-7K0[/YOUTUBE]​

Will Linkin Park unveil a third setlist in Indianapolis tonight? The band have left a vague hint that a song from "The Hunting Party" might see its live debut on this tour - with two dates down and no new song played so far, perhaps this third time could be a charm!

After playing this date, Linkin Park will bring their show to Pittsburgh, PA on January 20 and, then, to Albany, NY on January 21.

Are you going to this show? Come and discuss it on our message board! If you're attending this show or any other dates on this tour and you want to plan some meet-ups with other members of the LPA community, please feel free to check this thread.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I doubt there's a third setlist. Usually two rotating setlists are enough. Thinking of a third one is just exhausting.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Didn't the band have 3 setlist either for the LT tour or the ATS tour?

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

ATS tour had a gazillion setlists. The LT tour had 2 different setlists each leg.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

No. 2013 had two different sets. Everything after the European Summer Tour in 2012 had 3 alternating sets.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

They introduced the 3 setlist rotation on Projekt Rev in 2007, if they did this again on this tour it wouldn't be anything new.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Prepping to leave. 3 hour drive here we go.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Don't forget the seatbelt,bud..

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

If not, well I guess whatever happens, I did it to myself :kappa:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

On my way home from the show. Was pretty solid. Got a couple important notes to share. Will share photos and videos later.

- Set A was played (I was given the setlist)

- Chester broke his foot so he played on a scooter and limped around the whole time. A friend told me Chester told him he was at the gym, someone tried hitting him in the nuts so he moved out of the way and tripped.

- As always, Aaron joined for Iridescent, Austin on Faint, and now Tim on BIO.

All in all, a decent show. Chester did a bit better when holding notes because he didn't move around as much.

EDIT: Will post footage after work. Got about 21 mnutes worth.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Lol new personal favorite for me.

On the next tour, I bet he'll fall off a donkey somewhere after like 3 shows.

GraveDigger388

:rofl: fucking gold,man..

Seriosly though,I'm sorry for Chester,hope he'll get better soon

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

So, the people that were there, is this the accurate setlist?

01. Mashup Intro #2 (Session / Catalyst / Requiem / Guilty All The Same Intro)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up (Extended Outro)
    04. From The Inside
    05. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened]
    07. Papercut [Shortened]
    08. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands Transition)
    09. Wastelands
    10. Castle of Glass (Experience Version; Martin Luther King Jr Speech, Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    11. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley; feat. Aaron Pauley)
    12. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    13. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    14. Burn It Down
    15. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2)
    16. Final Masquerade
    17. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name Chorus, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition)
    18. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)
    19. In The End
    20. Faint (Feat. Austin Carlile; Extended Outro)
    --------------------------------
    21. A Place For My Head (Ext. Guitar Solo Intro)
    22. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    23. Crawling [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; w/ Faster Tempo)
    24. What I've Done (Short Intro, Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    25. Bleed It Out (Feat. Tim McIlrath; Ext. Bridge w/ The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Seriously the funniest reason for breaking a leg I have ever heard.

Kurotaiyou

Kurotaiyou Member

Kevin, I believe that to be the correct setlist. I agree with Broman, Chester was really on last night due to not moving around much. I have a few notes from the show as well.
    -Chester was given a guitar during LOAR/SOTD/Iridescent but based on a comment from him and what I could see, he did not play it.
    -Joe' solo fell flat for the crowd. It was awesome so I feel bad for the guy.
    -Mike did not rap his Skin To Bone remix verse during his solo.
    -Mike missed a key during the What I've Done intro. He recovered right away, however.
    -Chester tried to get the crowd to sing along during New Divide but no one seemed to know the words (myself included). We did much better during Crawling.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Damn, that's a new low. New Divide is like their most successful single.

Kurotaiyou

Kurotaiyou Member

It was pretty terrible and with song being shorter I could not tell what lyrics he wanted sung. My wife got mad at me at the beginning of LP's set because I yelled that people should stand up for them. The crowd was really into the LP's heavy stuff but nothing else really, yet most of them sat through Of Mice And Men and Rise Against.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
    GraveDigger388

Man,I would've feel bad for Joe,too

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Wow, sounds like we were at very different concerts. I'll agree and say a lot of people were dead for OM&M, but it definitely picked up for Rise Against and by the time LP came out, everyone was singing along to almost every song, I specifically remember New Divide being a big one because everyone around me was singing the shit out of it, while the opposite side of pit was filled with a ton of people moshing, about 10-12 got picked up by security for crowd surfing and kicked out one by one. Aside from that, Chester did play guitar for the medley, my friend next to me recorded the full thing and we watched it on our drive back, not to mention I have a picture of him performing with it, haha. You sure you were at the right concert? :lol:

Anyway, here are some pictures from last night as well as the setlist for you to confirm, Kevin. Feel free to use any if you like. Gonna upload video footage soon too.
    http://imgur.com/9o4efYg,tB23uPY,sC...NBae1,aSUoVYf,2syRVyO,LoUeAst,0Ghm6KU,CQNW1Bu

GraveDigger388

^ Apparently,alternating dimension does occur :lol: