Your own bands

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Seinfeld, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The thing is that we're all into a scattered variation of music tastes. I'm more into modern rock like all the bands in my sig however Orlando, the bassist, doesn't like any of them and prefers old skool Jazz and stuff like that. Tom is in to indie, Lizzie is in to Punk-Rock, Ant is in to death metal, Jack is in to Indie and hip-hop and Miles is in to pretty much anything.

We cover alot of songs though, we've covered LP, Guns N Roses, Blink 182, Green Day and have attempted several times Jimi Hendrix (but it's just not happening :lol:).

We're kind of a weird band because of our completly different musical tastes so we try and aim to create a style of music that sounds sort of new and original however its not an easy task. As soon as the recording studio is finished being built in the new performing arts block of my school which should be around late October we'll record some stuff to CD and I'll post it online for everyone to listen to, at that point we'll probably have a shared myspace acount and website so keep your eyes on the lookout for our names :)

2. Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Sounds good Hellflame!

Yeah the biggest challenge is to keep everyone on the same page even though they aren't as into a certain genre of music.

With my previous metal band, our drummer was getting more and more into hardcore (if there was no double bass drumming forget about it!), our rhythm guitarist was more of a thrash fan and liked classic rock, our lead guitarist/vocalist was getting really into death metal and would write most of his songs after that vein. And I was into different types of metal but I really liked songs with mellower, groovier, more jammable parts too. So there was a huge clash in tastes and it probably would have worked out longer but our lead guitarist left for the summer! Forming a band is one of the hardest tasks, especially around here. There are only a handful of good guitarists, one or two good versatile bass players, and one of the only drummers in the area that would have the style to work with us is AWOL. And for forming a jazz band, FORGET IT. In terms of younger players, there are one drummer and one bassist that I know of that play jazz and are good players. Out of about 50,000 people. And they either have a band or are too busy to form one. I have been trying 2 years but no luck.

Aw well, Such is life. :p Luckily I won't have that problem next year!

3. Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

nacho cheese dip
    information on who played what instruments are on the page.
    lyrics are on there.
    enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  4. Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

Yah dude but as a cover band you got easier pickin'....all you have to agree on is the siong you want to play not what lyrics and how what part is played ^_^

5. Methybrea

THE DECAYING MINUET OF DARK! A masterpiece!

[/SCREAM]CARNATIONS! GERANIIIUMM!

The songs are simple but wacky, original, creative and out there. Definately a treat to listen too dude!

6. Methybrea

BTW, Branden is that drum machine a computer program? If so what is it and how could I get it?

7. a life in ashes

a life in ashes mercury summer

Well I did have a band...

but today I got kicked out,as it was an alt.rock/metal band but the others wanted to play funk...

sucks as i started the band aswell...

oh well i'll try and find someothers to play metal lol...

so much for my finally getting a gigging band.

8. Methybrea

Well here's my MySpace for my solo project stuff:

www.myspace.com/jefflarochellemusic

I'm uploading two of my songs right now so please listen in! Including one made about an hour ago, "Journey through the Vortex".

9. danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

10. Branden

My friend did drumming. It's live drums. There's pictures of him drumming on the myspace. If it was a drum machine, It'd be the sweetest thing ever. haha

And yeah, Decaying Minuet of Dark is my favorite too. We're not going to tell the people at school the lyrics, so they think it's all satanic and pessimistic, and it turns out to all be about pretty wildflowers.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  11. Seinfeld

danielpsoad-09: do you do the vocals of your band ('cause that's some sick ass screaming:D)? (sweet sound)

Branden: listened to your stuff and it's awesome ^_^ :lol:

looking forward to more of your music (to all of you) ^_^

12. Branden

So I was looking at guitar tabs for a song I wanted to cover on piano, and it has an E5 chord. What's an E5 chord, like how would I play it on piano? Is it the same as an Eminor? Because I played an Eminor and it just doesn't sound right. Someone help please.

13. Methybrea

E5 is a chord with the root, fifth, and octave of the chord. So its E/B/E. You can play it that way or if you want to add the third its going to be in the major key. The only reason I can say for this is the harmonics caused by the instrument causes the chord to sound major even without the third in the chord (which usually distingushes it between major/minor).

So in other words, play the E Major chord :p

14. Branden

Thanks a lot. :)

15. Methybrea

No problem, dude!

Since MySpace doesn't seem to want to work I put another song on Megaupload. Actually, I just finished remixing the song, redoing the organ part and adding a couple more background keys. I think you'll like it its pretty groovy, called "Journey Through the Vortex".

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5JUQGFC

Please listen! :)

16. danielpsoad-09

Yes, I'm the singer ^^

Thank u very much for check our music. I'm glad u liked it .

17. Seinfeld

How did you guys record and....do you guys wear that makeup all the time? (just a question out of curiosity ^_^)

18. danielpsoad-09

We won a band competition, and the prize was the demo cd . We recorded it with a guy who knows how to record it .. but not in a professional studio ..

And the make up, we did it just one time last year .. it was a special presentacion, but we won't do it again ..

19. Methybrea

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2006
  20. Seinfeld

That's pretty cool ^_^ (the first time I heard you scream I thought damn...it's deftones....just not in english :lol: )