You Can Get Fired For Being Gay

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Iain, May 8, 2009.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

The law is pathetic as is, but it's even worse, in this instance, when you consider the shortage of military personnel who are fluent in Arabic.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

The reason why I'm not joining is because we're fighting the war for the wrong reasons, imo.
    The Moral issues? Didn't think about that until I read that. Could you expand on that? :)

You do have a equal and fair chance to an opportunity to serve, Technically, As long as you don't admit to it.

But I do see your point, It isn't REALLY fair or equal but it is, due fine-print in the law.

Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

That's what got to me this morning. There are so few people in the military who are fluent in Arabic, and they're getting rid of one of them? That's great.

Moral issues: Most of the wars we've fought, we've fought for the wrong reasons. Example: We went into Vietnam for no reason other than a promise that someone made to end Communism. Was it noble? Depends on how you look at it. But we stick our noses into EVERYTHING, whether it concerns us or not. We need to stop playing peacemaker, and spreading our armed forces so thin, or when we really need them, we won't have them.

I just don't want to fight a war that I don't believe in, or see the sense in us taking part in.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Oooh.

I see. It's funny how no textbook will ever admit Vietnam was a failure, and there's nothing wrong about communism, it's just a different way.

Very different way.

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

I take issue with this because you cannot pick and choose what wars you are willing to fight and which ones you arent. If you wait to join when there is a "popular" war, what happens when the next one is one you dont like? You're still obligated to serve. No one can accurately predict right off if a war is being fought for just reasons until its over and the results are calculated. Vietnam? The administration, not the military, screwed us there.

In theory there is nothing with communism, maybe. In practice, its an utter failure though.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

On recent and past evidence the same goes for laissez faire capitalism. Neither extremity really works.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
    Iain

Iain i am a sloth LPA Super Member

Which is why I'm not signing up for the military unless I'm forced to. Personal decision.

And yeah, I know, it was the administration. I didn't blame the military, nor will I. It's never the military's fault we're in a war. It's the people that sent them there.

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

Have to disagree. Capitalism is alive and well all over the world, is it not? Communism has failed because the power (practiced by the government) is absolute, oppressive and corrupt from the beginning (i.e. Cuba, NK).