Xbox One VS PS4

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Star Scream, Jun 19, 2013.

?

Xbox One or PS4

Poll closed Jul 29, 2013.
  1. Xbox One

29.0%
  2. PS4

71.0%
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Ps4

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Doesn't this mean this gives devs/publishers less incentives to do Xbox One exclusives due to the lack of DRM and non-restrictive used game market?

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Yep. I think with Xbox One's original details, a developer who wanted to keep their profits would work exclusively for Xbox One, but there's no point now - you'd make more profit getting screwed by the used game market on two consoles rather than one.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I don't know what you guys mean with "the world". The world is bigger than the USA and the largest cities in every country.

Although the always online thing is an ideal scenario for the future, there are still many places in the world that don't have a guaranteed, or solid internet connection. Granted, millions of people play videogames online, with their consoles or PC, but there are also millions of people who don't, or at least not regularly.

Maybe I see it that way because I am one who doesn't live in that "ideal" environment. Our average speed as a country barely makes it to 1,5mbps (my plan right now is only 1Mbps), and also it's unpractical if you're taking your console somewhere else, (friends, family, etc. since not everybody can actually afford one).

Before E3 and all of it I was looking forward to buying an XB1, because my first couple of jobs will mostly require me to be out of town or in a remote region (like where I did my internships), living in a rented room with probably no cable TV or satellite, let alone internet, so a console with be a nice distraction, but if you're going to block its use due to having to log in only, well it's not convenient for me anymore to get it, and the PS4 offered just what I needed: old school, offline gaming, trading game discs with friends.

You have to look at it in every angle, everything has pros and cons but that sort of restrictions is definitely a con for the consumer.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

you know this reminds me of ATS likened to Xbox one. because Xbox one seems like a let down so far (except for halo 5) but at the same time it may be a potential console that likely in the long run may be a valuable asset and more than just a gaming console. though it looks like a customized brick (ATS looking like... i still don't know what it is :lol:) Xbox one may prove to be better than ps4 depending on what what people say about it when it comes out. At the same time ps4 maybe better.

i still haven't made up my mind :sweating:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

It's great that Microsoft changed those policies, especially the requirement to always needing to be connected the internet, but the fact is, Microsoft should never have been in the situation in which they had to remove them, because they're stupid. I'm still a "PS4 guy" right now and we'll have to see what both Sony and Microsoft come out with ahead of their respective console releases later this year, it just makes the playing field a little more interesting ...

MKH

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

A number of reputable sites are saying the release date for the PS4 is November 13th 2013 for the EU. Makes me think that what I've read about it coming out on October 29th in NA is true.

I'm confident that it's true...

http://www.vgleaks.com/some-details-about-playstation-4-os-development/

Also seems the PS4 will run FBSD, so basically linux/unix, which could be awesome for developers and good for small RAM usage if done correctly. Hmm.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
    Star Scream

I'm going with Xbox one :awesome: i prefer the games on Xbox one than ps4

MKH

Whatcha pickin' up? We should play :)

Star Scream

halo 5... agreed we should :)