Writer's Cove

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Seinfeld, Feb 15, 2009.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Yeah I agree. I think we need to step our act a bit with responding with poems.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm not knocking the idea, I'm just saying it's not going to work. Asking people to comment isn't going to help at all. Like someone else said, they'll just take the piss and make a comment just to make one, and probably won't offer any constructive criticism at all. Asking people to comment on two pieces for every one they write is a bit... I don't know, odd, if you ask me. Like I said, I'll comment on something if it's worth commenting on, but I don't expect people to comment on my pieces anymore.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Most of the time, I don't really pay attention to the Writer's Cove but if I do, I usually end up commenting on at least one. If I don't like it, I normally won't say anything.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Looks like thanks to this thread, that the WC seems a bit more active. It's a pity it took someone to point it out to the rest of LPA that the WC was a bit dead, when it was a bit dead already for a regular poster in that sub-forum.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

It's actually been pointed out many times by members before you signed up here. Thanks though. ;)

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I post in there sometimes for fun, It's like fishing.

Sometimes you get a good comment, sometimes nothin at all, and sometimes you get a shark that will tear your face off, that is a bad comment. And sometimes you get good criticism.

But if nobody responds, oh well I don't mind.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

:lol: which is why i kinda slowed down my posting abit.

edit: by the way, I've written a story and have yet another update for it, would it be really bad to post it in the thread it's already in? The problem is that it's over a month old. :x so i don't want to be yelled for necroposting.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
    Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Post it. You're only updating your own story so it's fine. I won't yell at you. :)

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Thank yoou! ^_^ <3

Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

So you are knocking the idea.

I wasn't mad at people dismissing the idea. It was a suggestion, it got shot down, big deal.

And I was glad for your honest and direct approach, by coming out and saying what you thought about it.

And as to your best poem ever box set...yeah...it's getting more attention...but for a good reason. Good poetry doesn't nessecarily have to be that deep. If it gets a good laugh out of someone, it's fulfilled it's purpos and is imo, good poetry. :)

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

You can get sharks when you're fishing!

Damn, I think i'll think twice about fishing next time.