Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Jericho has reportedly signed a short term contract that would lead up to a match at Wrestlemania.

Source

Also, if anyone cares, Brock Lesnar has also reportedly reached a deal for a 2 year contract (Which I'm sure is for limited dates.).

Source

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Good PPV despite predictable results. If you think Jericho & Goldust Rumble appearances were boring then I don't know what to say. Also, Krishnan, the WWE have already sidelined Rhodes, he was released last year. As for Cena & Rock winning, I can understand why people would be pissed but this doesn't necessarily mean that Cena v Rock 2 is set in stone for Mania, even if it is the most probable scenario. There are so many ways this could go in the lead to Mania that you can't automatically assume that's what they'll do. Afterall, Elimination Chamber has to happen first. To be honest I'd rather see Rock v Punk 2 at Mania, with Cena choosing to go after the WHC which Ziggler would have won by cashing his Money in the Bank in the next couple months. It could even end up being a triple threat with Punk, Rock & Cena. Arguably the biggest draw on par with Rock v Cena 2 would be a Rock v Brock match, but I'd personally even like to see a Brock v Taker match if Brock was to come back for this year's Mania. Also, seeing a Cody / Dustin spot in the Rumble was awesome. Wishing it was a tease for a final Match at Mania but I've been advocating that for years to no avail.

3. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

I should have phrased my words in a better fashion. I did not mean that Jericho's return was boring. I meant that Jericho leaving and returning after short periods of time seems monotonous and will soon becoming boring if he continues to do so. Also, about Goldust, I was under the impression that his Rumble appearance means that he's entering into a long term contract again. If so, by "Sidelining him", I meant to say that I don't think that WWE will include him in any important story lines. I did not mean that they'll release him again. Let me also mention that my comments are based solely on the results and I have not actually seen the PPV yet. I'm quite sure I would have been surprised if I saw the PPV live on TV and my opinions would
    probably be different.

I might also be wrong and they might start a Cody Vs Dustin feud which may turn into Wrestlemania match. That would be exciting.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I think the 434 days of being champion has done that...

Punk should get his rematch at Elimination Chamber. The "Cena/Rock" bout on the card will be a large draw if that's the route they take. I think that the move to have Punk hold the title so long was a good one because it brought importance back to the title. I doubt we will see a short reign after that. Having Rock as the champ is good for ratings because people will tune in and watch him. I hate how predictable this was. The fallout from the PPV should be interesting.

5. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Going to RAW tonight here in Vegas. I can't wait to go! I'm going to bring a Dazzler sign. :lol:

6. Hybrid

Hahaha! Have fun!

7. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Jericho was fucking great. The random entrees are what makes it that little bit more interesting.

The conclusion of the Punk v Rock match was bullshit because the Rock was out of it, hit like one move and won. Punk's top fucking reign out the window like that.

8. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That red circle is me. LOL I'm a part of history! Amazing time.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. Squish Mitten

Woah. Cool! :D

10. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Awesome! Hope you enjoyed the show! :awesome:

Random thought... If The Rock is going to have the title, can the WWE at least let him be the one to retire the belt and bring in a new WWE title design. The current belt, I feel, has fun its course.

11. Hybrid

"I'll stand up here, on the stage, and be a punk ass bitch since it's so cool now to swear." I laughed so hard that soda came out of my nose.:lol:

That's actually a great thought! I think the title belt would be more prestegious if it had the whole word "Champion" on it. Seeing "CHAMP" plastered on the belt is super tacky in my opinion...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  12. Joe

The WWE title is long overdue for a change, it looks awful. I don't know one person who doesn't agree. The best thing they could do is unify the WWE & WHC belts and only have one champion in the company. Having two is still stupid. Of course, the only reason they don't is so they can tour two different brands at once and still promote a championship match at the live event, but still, it needs changing.

13. Hybrid

These are funny. Just to warn you, he does use some language that violates the rules on here...
    [youtube]xg0uEVzknxE&[/youtube]
    [youtube]0eTHJijJb6c&[/youtube]

14. Hybrid

15. Squish Mitten

Not bad...

16. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I wish Punk debuted it. He had a ridiculously long reign after all(ridiculously long for today's WWE anyway).

17. Joe

I like it but I wouldn't say I was blown away. Maybe it'll grow on me but for now I'm just happy that shitty spinner belt has finally been replaced.

Gotta say, just checked it out on WWEShop and I'm digging the WWE logo side-plates more than I am the Brahma Bull custom plates The Rock revealed last night.

18. Hybrid

As much as everyone wanted punk to debut it, let's think about this for a minute. A new champion beckons a new belt. It's very rare to see a belt change during an ongoing title reign. I had a feeling that since the WWE didn't debut it when Punk started his reign, which would have been perfect with him "leaving" with the title and then having that "Undisputed" title match with Cena, I figured they were going to wait until Punk was done being the champion. I feel, however, that Punk has brought prestige back to what it means to be the Champion. Instead of it being "just another championship match," It became "who is finally going to take the champion out?" It also was proper for the title to be successfully defended against the MITB winner. It feels like the title means something again that can't be easily taken away. I still think MITB should only be once a year at Wrestlemania for one title. No more of this "MITB PPV" where there are two MITB matches. All that does is water down the match and water down the titles.

Joe, you and I have the exact same feelings on the belt. I thought the bulls were permanent when I saw it debut on raw. It felt kind of tacky. The side-plates on WWEShop makes the belt look more like how a championship belt should look in my opinion.

19. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Wow, so Jack Swaggers in the middle of the biggest push he's recieved in his career, been given an on-screen manager and wins the elimination chamber to challenge for the world heavyweight title at Wrestlemania... and he goes and gets himself arrested.

What an idiot.

20. Hybrid

With weed. He's done. How stupid can he be?