Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Scary part is, he's only going to get better. Assuming he beats Henderson, there's nobody left. Bravo Jones. And no, Gustafsson wouldn't last a round with Jones. Not sure what the hype is.

Still not a fan of Jones. Though, he is much more likable than Mr. Greg Jackson.

Some notes on 145.
    - Hominick vs Yagin was very entertaining; both guys gave each other one hell of a beating. Grats' to the 'Phillipino Phenom'.
    - I'm certain Hominick was getting Korean Zombie flashbacks in round 1 (rofl).
    - Bocek and R.Macdonald's styles were very reminescent to GSP's lay and pray, with the difference of R.Macdonald going very aggressive. GSP is most likely taking heed.
    - M.Macdonald is a bad motherfudger.
    - Schaub getting K.O'd was definitely not what I expected, but Rothwell's unintentionally hilarious demeanor in the octagon made up for it.

Looking forward to JDS vs Mir next event. Though, JDS vs. Reem would have been a fucking classic. T__T...

2. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I think guys likes Gustaffson and Davis need a few more years of developing before they can really become contenders (if they ever do). They're definitely not Jones-level phenoms.

Rory Macdonald is scary good. His standup isn't quite there yet, but his ground and pound is absolutely brutal and unrelenting. His grappling is top-notch, too. Unlike the up-and-coming lhw guys, I can't imagine Rory not being even more of a beast a year from now. He's 22 years old!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  3. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Don't know why people hate Jones, dude is a fucking monster. I watched the fight at Buffalo Wild Wings, so many people boo'ed him during his introduction. When Jones gave him the stanky leg I yelled out "Where's your boy now fuckers!?" He needs to fight Anderson Silva, now that would be fucking amazing.

4. Snail

Agreed. The way he man-handled Che Mills was really unexpected. Gotta love how focused he is as well.

There are two things I respect about the guy; he's very talented, and he's got great will in suppressing that inner extreme cockiness he harbors. Just because you're great at something does not warrant you the utmost praise from everyone. Jones is amazing and nobody is doubting it. Only, it is his questionable demeanor outside of the ring, and the antics he pulls inside that rub people the wrong way. I will admit, he's handling himself as a champion very well in comparison to certain past fighters that have won a title, but he's lost a lot of that sincerity he brought with him way prior to becoming champion.

5. theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

I love Jones! I think the reason for the "loss of sincerity" is because nobody took shots at him before. He was young and somewhat unknown when he fought Shogun. Now he has what everyone wants and people are trying to get at him and show him almost no respect when all he did was destroy Shogun, Rampage, Machida, and now Evans. Not only did he destroy them, but he made it look too damn easy. He's still very young, it would be easy to get a little cocky after beating guys like that.

6. Snail

Wish Lesnar was better on the mic... His presence is made just by showing up, but once he opens his mouth. My god...cringe-worthy. Wish they would have just made him return as a persona who's sole purpose is to run through everyone without saying a word. Then, on a rare instance have Lesnar speak up with content that has enough weight behind it.

7. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This. I've never been a Lesnar fan and I'm not going to start either. The ending to Raw this week was one of the worst endings I've seen in months. Maybe even years. It was just so bland. It made me not care if I see the match or not. Between Laurenitus and Lesnar talking, It made the segment damn near unbearable.

8. Snail

[YOUTUBE]BxuX2q9GGjg[/YOUTUBE]

Oh my good god, Chael's got balls. Lmfao.

9. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

That match was crazy! Those were legitimate hits between Cena and Lesnar! I'm guessing Cena will be taking some time off for a while after that speech...

The Punk/Jericho match was awesome too. Good PPV in general I think.

10. Snail

Hah! Lesnar is dressed to appear as he did in the ufc. Strange.

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Probably because he'd look too fat in his Wrestling gear. The guy looked really chubby.

12. Snail

Just got a chance to watch a highlight video of the match. Wow. Lesnar and Cena put on one hell of a show. Respect.

13. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Good PPV I thought. Enjoyed the majority of it. Even fucking, Layla. YES!

14. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

CM Punk VS Daniel Bryan at Over The Limit? Fuck YES!

John Cena VS John Laurinaitis at Over The Limit? Wut?

15. Snail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Looking forward to UFConFOX this weekend! Yes, major facepalm above.

17. theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

Excellent UFConFOX! Belcher and Diaz were just nasty. Great fights.

18. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Belcher was in beast mode last night. I want to see him fight the winner of Bisping-Boetsch next.

Nate was Nate, haha. Great boxing, as usual, but I was kind of surprised that he actually submitted Jim Miller. Jim's a tough dude.

19. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

omg so disapointed that Palhares lost. Didn't release until now that this fight was to determine the next up and coming contender in the MW division. Honestly though i can't see Belcher beating other up and comers like Weidman or Stann, much less then current contenders like Chael, Munoz (the weakest of the top 5), Lombard or Belfort. Out of that list i think Belcher vs Weidman is the next fight to make.

Henderson vs Diaz is the fight to make for UFC 149 or 150. Edgar is out with an injury and i don't want to wait. Diaz and Henderson is a very very exciting match up i think and the fans deserve for a LW title fight that doesn't include Edgar for a change. Love watching the guy fight but i cannot imagine a world where Edgar is able to defeat a fight as large and talented as Henderson. Lots of people claim the first fight was close, but it was obvious that Henderson was in control the whole time and putting a thorough beating on Edgar. Edgar is really good at fighting back though, thus making a 5 round beating look more like a 5 round war. In the end, Benson was swinging the hammer and Edgar was the anvil. NOT INTERESTING in seeing that again.

Diaz is a whole other bag of cats however. The dude submitted Jim fucking Miller (top 3 BJJ at LW (Sotiropoulus only higher in my opinion, and Diaz)). He is the best boxer at LW and has maybe the best BJJ at LW. The guy has a really nasty skill set for anyone and i feel over 5 rounds he can beat anyone at LW. Benson is alot bigger and stronger then Diaz but he has a tendency of leaving things out when engaged in grappling. If he gives Diaz his neck he will be tapping or sleeping, Diaz is a level above Guida, Miller and Bocek when it comes to submissions and i doubt Benson can escape Diaz' subs.

20. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

This Punk-Bryan-AJ-Kane storyline is already my favorite of the year so far.