Winning The Choice

Discussion in 'News' started by Will, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

So you hate their fans? Well their fans make them money, and that allows them to make more records. They're famous, they're popular, get over it. It happens. [/b][/quote]
    Holly crap buddy Lp doesn't need fans like you so go ahead and throw your cd's out, your loss. How are they acting like big celebrities? They dressed all casual and stuff, not like they were all done up in a Gucci suit. They came ut on the red carpet and were joking around like most of the other celebs wouldn't have. They show that no matter how much the camera is in front of them they appreciate it cause they are fortunate to be where they are.

Anyhow though I thought it was great that Jay-Z got up and shook Mike's hand then gave him a hug. Then it was even better when he acknowleged the fans in his speech.

2. breaking_point

breaking_point Member

Well first off chill out and breathe... LP wanted this award and it wasnt like they went out and wore fancy dressy suits or whatever to this thing... And honistly, I like LP for thier music, not what they wear or do at music awards...

Sadly I didnt see them get the award last night :wth: but I'm soooo happy they won! Hopefully I'll find a rerun of it soon...

3. goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

How true! The band members in Linkin Park are still very "the-guy-next-door" types, at least more than any celebrity I know in the popular culture scene. Thats one thing I really appreciate about them.

4. uberness

uberness Well-Known Member

congrats to LP for winning Viewers Choice!

i was a little dissapointed that they didn't win best rock video. although i did think about how long Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" was being played and the amount that BTH was played and personally, jet deserved the award.

So congrats to both Jet and LP for their wins.

5. blurredxnotes

blurredxnotes Well-Known Member

I agree.

6. sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

I agree. [/b][/quote]
    That they are, they are very down to earth funny people. I met them at a M&G just a few weeks ago at PR, and they made me laugh, answered my questions, didnt think they are to cool for me, and where really awesome guys. The type i would love to hang out with, becuase they realize the only reason they have all this fame and money is because of the fans, and they let us know they love us, as they stay well grounded.

7. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I am happy we won, just mad the GC fans are considering us cheaters because someone decidied to modify one line out of the url link so that instead of the submit button not being there using the F5 key would submit the vote. Somehow it's our fault, we were so dedicated into finding out and easier way to send our votes to MTV.

So they have pictures and links.. proving we "cheated".. last time I recall cheating would of been doing if we would of gone into the MTV server and changed the file around so we had alot of votes.

But that didn't happen, seriously all the guy did was change the mouse click into the F5 , the same method of cagging could of been done with a visual basic program to make the mouse move at a percise time and at exact coordinate to click the link and to auto reload the page.. come on.. -_-. It's not even a legal way of voting. The way MTV set it up, you could of voted as many times as you want. A legal voting system would only allow you to vote onces. That's it! So the idiots in the GC forums or in the gc.org website blame us for cheatings.. before they start blaming and calling us cheaters they should take a damn crash course with computers. Regardless as how many times we left it auto hitting f5 or us clicking. There was a "queue" line at the server to which information got there first. At the end the final factor is the connection.. damn morons. >.> Sorry for my cursing but they ticked me off with that crap.

P.S: I could of just used lynx in my linux terminal and just kept hitting enter >.> would of been the same damn thing -_-. And that would of been consider cheating xD ... -_-

8. Linkin park _fanatic

Linkin park _fanatic Well-Known Member

Oh yes congrats to LP !! thanks to all you guys that vote for Lp including me. I get one of the best night of my life. see I live in miami and i get into the Vmas. That night was incredible but obviously the greatest moment was when Linkin Park won! i started screaming and i was waiting to see them pass by where i was and i slaped Mike's hand after they accepted the award. And i see that a lot of people here are talking about Good Charlotte well in the show I think after they lost the award they left the venue I think they were in some kind of sock beacuse they were winning all week and they lost at the last minute.

9. blurredxnotes

=o Awesome

I live in NY, but I'm probly never gonna go to the vma's..didnt last year, I was 12 then o_O

10. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I was viewing this one GC board, that shall remain nameless, and the GC fans started a petition about this whole situation. They want to send it to Mtv.com. As of right now there is 1233 signatures. lmao. I'm a big GC fan and all but this is so dumb and lame. Oh the immaturity.

11. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

crowdsurfer: You're warned for pissing me off.

12. Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

We should file a petition to get the Viewers Choice award they won last year overturned. 50 Cent/Eminem/Beyonce/Justin Timberlake soo deserved to win that award. :rolleyes:

13. Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

YES!! I'm so glad they won. I didn't get to watch the show, but I recorded it, so I guess I'll see it this weekend or something. Go LP!

14. adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

That made me laugh

Why are GC fans so bitchy about this? GC won last year, LP wins this year, and next year who knows who wins. Seriously this is really pissing me off :angry:

15. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

That made me laugh

Why are GC fans so bitchy about this? GC won last year, LP wins this year, and next year who knows who wins. Seriously this is really pissing me off :angry: [/b][/quote]
    They feel that they were "screwed". It's pissing me off too... :lol:

16. blurredxnotes

They feel that they were "screwed". It's pissing me off too... :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Me too --;

17. goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

On the contrary, it makes me feel smug ^_^

18. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The awards show is over, the award has been given out; they're not going to revoke it. That's so stupid. :lol:

I mean, there's GC fans autovoting and bragging about it on the YCB, so they're not exactly innocent. :lol:

19. Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

The awards show is over, the award has been given out; they're not going to revoke it. That's so stupid. :lol:

I mean, there's GC fans autovoting and bragging about it on the YCB, so they're not exactly innocent. :lol:[/b][/quote]
    If Good Charlotte is nominated for Viewers Choice next year, I'm going to vote against them out of spite. :lol: Some of their fans need a serious reality check. You can't be number 1 all the time (unless it's TRL)

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Girls don't like boys, girls like cars & mon... :shifty:

Sorry. This is all really stupid, i'm with Ander in voting against GC whenever GC are up for another award...wether it be MTV, Kerrang...ANYTHING.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.