Will LIVING THINGS Debut at no.1 This time?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by dontFindOutMe, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I dunno if its been asked but do Album presales/preorders count toward the albums % in its first week?

LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

They sure do.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Thanks for your summary. Exactly what I wanted to explain.

hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

Justin Bieber will open with big numbers with 600k-800k projection range. Perhaps even A Million first week sales? The following week the usual drop for sales is like 60%, I think sadly Bieber will block LP from debuting at number one. Number two is a possiblity though; but Maroon 5 has a nice growing fanbase now because of Moves like Jagger and other hit singles and including The Voice promo. It'll be interesting.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I really hope so. If it does happen, two things:

1. Twitter becomes ablaze with "JUSTIN > LINKIN PARK" and equally "LP > BIEBER" trending topics.
    2. Linkin Park once again takes over the music world (news, movies, award shows).

What I think, of course, is that depends on how the album sales manage. Beliebers are going to go to EXTREME lengths to help JB reach #1 (Twitter, Facebook, and probably like 20 pre-orders from a JB fan will happen) and Maroon 5 have Adam Levine's sudden starpower and The Voice to assist them. Then again, LT accidentally leaked on iTunes and, judging by the opinions of fans I've seen on Twitter and Tumblr, LIVING THINGS is going to bring together almost every person from every album era together and LP could reign #1 once again. Plus, really, Bieber and Maroon 5 are in the now, and their music really seems single-based. Linkin Park have been around for so long and their music (unlike AC/DC and etc.) changes every time and, aside from ATS (still a masterpiece), still sounds like they belong on promos and radios. The band has a very loyal fanbase. Mike and Chester are more recognizable to older listeners and even some teenagers than Adam and even Justin.

LP has a streak going since Meteora. Fans know that, and there's no way they're going to let that streak end.

Bubbles

Bubbles I blow a lot of...

My roommate left an unused $50 iTunes card in his room so I bought the album 4 times, don't worry guys, i got us covered!:chuck:

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

LP's #1 would be a sure thing if JB's album wouldve been in its 3rd week,

being only the 2nd week sadly it will be #2

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

ATS had a really really weak lead single though. It was rarely played on the radio, and I'm getting a much different vibe from the performance of BID.

EDIT: argh, why did i think this thread was only 1 page?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

JB is way more competition that M5 in my opinion. Allot of people predict 500k sales from him first week, and some say 1 mil (prolly impossible tbh). and even if its not that big of first week sales his second week sales will be big

OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

in my honest opinion i think linkin park will get the number 1 album
    1. i think living things will sell more in its first week than ats or around the same lets say 240-250k
    2. maroon 5 will sell 200 tops because their last album sold around 140 k and they wont get more than a 25% increase that is if the get an increase :rolleyes:
    3. justin beiber will get at least a 70% decline in his second week so if he got 800k (the most logical hyped number) in 1st week it means he will get 240k in 2nd week which is the most optimistic number for him.

so if my 240-250 k prediction for living things stands correct this means linkin park will take the top spot.
    PS: i remember a while back that trey songz is also releasing at the same week with linkin park, is that true?

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

@Omar
    Yes.

Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

But M5 released 2 very popular songs after they released their last album (Moves Like Jagger and Payphone) so I think that their album sales will boost tremendously + since Adam started coming on The Voice, they've started getting a lot more fans. So, I think LT will probably debut #3 behind JB and M5 :(

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Ah sweet! Good to see that my pre-order will count to the overall Album sales.

Still hoping they'll release a special edition at some point though,

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Share the love everyone so we can get #1. Good word of mouth can go a long way.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Wait, I'm a little confused. Doesn't Justin Bieber's album come out on the 19th of June?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

It does. Which is why I'm trying to figure out how it's in direct competition with LIVING THINGS.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I could not give less of a shit

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

well you are correct but look what happened to usher. maroon5 need hit singles to make their album sell and i cant remember them having any while linkin park are topping the rock charts for 4 weeks now (i think). and got great results on alternative and think they peaked at 2. so all in all i dont think maroon5 will be much threat. Lets just Hope that we get that 5th consecutive top spot :awesome:

LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

I'd say peaking at no. 2 on the Hot 100 qualifies as a hit.^_^

On Living Things's chances, I really, really hope it does but being on such a competitive week scares me. If they just released it it 2 or 3 weeks earlier, it would have easily been no. 1 and LP would be on Metallica and the Beatles level in having 5 straight no. 1 albums. I think they still have a decent chance though and I agree with you that it will sell around the same as ATS which could be enough.

20. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

- My World 2.0, debuted at #1 selling 283,000 copies.
    - Hands All Over, debuted at #2 selling 142, 000 copies.
    - A Thousand Suns, debuted at #1 selling 241, 000 copies.

Since it'll be Bieber's second week, I think we can beat him. As for Maroon 5 - it's a definite possibility.

Just do what I'm doing... buy copies for all your friends who like Linkin Park (but will download illegally) and save them as birthday gifts. That way it'll all go into first week sales hehe. I'm buying like 4 copies xD

Also, LP's at #85 on iTunes right now (and that's not including all those sales from the preorder on LP.com) and M5's at #96.

I think we're in decent shape if we all try to help out and buy more than 1 copy :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.