Who are the LP elders around here?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TRANSLYDE, Sep 11, 2009.

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I first heard LP in 2001, I remember hearing One Step Closer on Mtv and being pregnant with my daughter, and she would kick me when it was playing. I guess she liked it too.

I didn't really get into them until 2003, when I saw them on the Summer Sanitarium tour.

I have a pretty broad range of musical interests, from Tori Amos to The Doors to Metallica to The Ramones, and lots of stuff in between.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

So i just got The Incident and listened to it. It's the greatest thing ever man.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Or it was "Turn that fucking noise off!" :p

TRANSLYDE

TRANSLYDE Well-Known Member

Good to hear. I've been trying not to spoil it too much; I've only heard Time Flies so far. Only around 15 hours till iTunes downloads my pre-order though, I'm way stoked.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

In Australia it was going to come out on Monday, though stores started selling on Friday, so i picked it up on Sunday.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

As many others here, I was hooked on In The End. From that point I've become fanatical. It still remains my all time favourite song. From memory I think Meteora was the first one I got by myself, as my bro and I in partnership bought Hybrid Theory after In The End was released.

I've branched off into a large variety of genre. Staind, Disturbed, System of A Down, Sum 41, Scribe, Styles of Beyond, AFI...ultimatley leading to Blaqk Audio, Nirvana, The Butterfly Effect, Pantera and Evanescance.

The_4GT10_fACE

The_4GT10_fACE Well-Known Member

First half 2001. I saw OSC on tv, thaught they suck, but afterwards, I listened the song many times and thaught it was cool, and shortly later, Crawling was released. I thaught it was awesome and Papercut came also :D. 4 years later, I had internet and signed me in for LP forums and not long ago, I found this one.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Like January or February 2001. Oddly enough, was not on a huge nu-metal kick prior to or even immediatly after first finding Linkin Park (I had Follow the Leader, Issues, and Significant Other around a few years earlier, and other than knowing who Papa Roach were that'd been about it). I wasn't really listening to a lot of the brand new music at the time so really didn't know that the genre had been so saturated with rap rock bands that LP sounded really cool and original to me, so I bought the album and here we are.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

25th of november 2000, 9:15pm. i was into limp bizkit at this time and some guy on NAPSTER recommended "One Step Closer" to me. it was a funny version of the song actually, because it had the bridge twice (some fanmade i guess?). it took a few weeks until i found out that the bridge is just played once :D.
    i know the date exactly because the file preferences have the date and time of the file's creation which i looked up when linkin park started to become really big in europe after "Crawling" and before "In The End".
    im still pretty sad that i couldnt go to their show with "Taproot" as support for the "Deftones" :(.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I was LB fan before I turned into LP fan :lol:. I guess it was December 2001. I was obsessed to JH before :lol: Well, my music tastes really change over the years from heavy metal & now more of Pop Punk but still I'm an LP supporter! I really don't care if their next album will be more hip hop or RnB or whatever..still I'm gonna support them :D

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

^ An R&B LP. That would be interesting. :lol:

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

a little more background information on that. I had heard In The End on the radio often and i liked it. Around that time Creed was my favorite band...just the band i grew up listeing to when i was in a very impressionable age. My sister got Hybrid Theory for her b-day. So she played it nonstop till Meteora came out.. That was when I became a fullfledged LP fan and here we are. LP is and always will be my favorite band..they are the band I've spent most of my pre/teen-teen years thus far listening to and almost everyone of their songs imply to me in some way. Now I have branched of to all different types of bands from Nine Inch Nails,Underoath, Hollywood Undead, Saosin, Atreyu and Slipknot but Linkin Park is the band I always end up back at and its been like this for the last 7 years. I will always love Linkin Park even long after they break up.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009