Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by stormrider2, Jun 1, 2014.
P5hng Me A*wy
Both versions of Robot Boy
- The extended intro to No More Sorrow always gives me chills no matter what the occasion, so freaking epic.
- My first listen to Guilty All The Same elicited a similar feeling of total awe, especially when that main riff comes in after the piano build-up.
- Until It's Gone (raises flame shield) at full blast on my headphones this is a pretty chilling track
Honorable mention goes to zwieR.Z. Blackout Remix. Linkin Park may not have made it themselves but holy shit is that remix epic.
Nice idea for a thread.
Though I can't say I get repeat "chills" after listening every time, I remember the first time I heard these songs, somthing about them gave me goosebumps...
No Roads Left
hands Held High (ending)
The Requiem/The Raidiance
Robot Boy (bridge)
Waiting for the end
Not alone (synth /reversed string samples in bridge /ending)
Until it breaks (brads part)
From the guitar solo on in TLTGYA and The Messenger. Two of my favorite moments in LP history.
Breaking the Habit. It is the best song they have ever made in my opinion.
Also there are a few moments in Reanimation, such as the With You bridge and the opening to Krwlng
A Thousand Suns also with The Requiem, the opening to Burning in the Skies, Blackout and Iridescent
It doesn't give me chills, but yes it's epic!! I need to see that live at least once in this lifetime.
In the correct atmosphere there is nothing quite like the chills I get from The Little Things Give You Away, I love the breakdown into the solo. Honorable mention goes to Robot Boy.
Basically the entirety of A Thousand Suns. I cannot go through even one play through of the album without coming out emotionally effected in some way.
Breaking The Habit
The Little Things Give You Away
I've been damn right excited and out of control from listening to different Linkin Park tracks, but the specific moments that gave me chills would be
- A Thousan Suns Tour (2011) in Chicago. They opened the concert up with The Requiem in a simply spine tingling manner, I felt like some divine being was gonna rise in front of me. Highly recommend checking out footage of The Requiem during the ATS tour.
- First time (and even now) listening to Linkin Park perform Papercut live, specifically the bridge. This is the song Mike and Chester always nail perfectly and pull off in such an amazing way, almost always standing side by side, matching their vocals in sync. I especially give major props to Chester in this one!
The live outro to The Messenger
Until It's Gone (sometimes)
Pushing Me Away - Studio and Live
Burning in the Skies
This! Papercut live is always on point!
- The bridge in papercut live when mike and chester harmonize and stand next to each other while Mike lays his arm on chester and chester his arm on mike
- First Chorus in GATS
- By Myself
- From the inside
- Lying from you
- The Catalyst
- Ill Be Gone
-In My Remains
-Skin to Bone
P5hng Me A*wy, especially the Live In Texas performance.
Hearing Papercut and One Step Closer live. The energy there is amazing.
Exactly, ATS will always give me chills if I play certain songs in my certain feelings.
Also, ATS I can relate to also like in having dark points in my life and I feel like LP is always by my side when I play it.
A couple of songs worth mentioning:
Wisdom, Justice and love
Castle of glass (extended music video version)
Bleed it out (extended Rio 2014)
The only song from LP that has affected me this way is definitely Breaking the Habit. Something about that song, the whole production, the lyric presentation and meaning, and the fact that I know exactly what it's like to be in that very position.
Add the bridge/post bridge of Rebellion. Fuck.
Hearing the Catalyst with some great headphones with the volume turned up to full.
Simply an amazing song.
Also I would say Brad's What I've Done solo he performed at Rock in Rio recently.
I remember back when HT came out and I got the album I listened to just that song on repeat and by the second time it repeated I just broke down and cried, and to this day it isnt different
and also burning in the skies because its the last thing my mum heard before she passed
Separate names with a comma.