"Where'd You Go" To Be Next Fort Minor Single

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

Video......omg...there's gonna be a video? Okay i know that since it's a single there probably would be but i totally wasn't expecting there to be one for this song...i don't know why....and if it doesn't make it up here to Canada i'm gonna be pissed

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

This'll be overplayed. Get alot of girl fans, I'm sure.

linkin_theory922

I have a feeling this is going to remind me of Numb...and i have no idea why

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Word

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

Singles were pretty much invented to make money and draw sales in...otherwise we'd just have records. I think its a smart move to promote the album and draw a lot more fans in. Nothing wrong with selling more records!

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

(way late), well, no ill will to you. I disagree with Mike though. Jay-Z stills raps and could have dropped a verse on TRT or the Mixtape. ... Though he would have outclassed everyone.

Good song, bad single. My first choice would be Right Now. As we listen to it me and my friend see the video with that fast moving "Believe Me" camera effect as they switch to the different people. It makes it's own video for goodness sakes.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2006
    Dr. Faust

Dr. Faust "Your Epitaph Will Be A Barcode"

i would like any fort minor song to be the next single...

except Where'd You Go, Intro and the Battle.

and they should have cover and duck, spraypaint and inkpens, and block party for mixtape singles.

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

Why does everyone think it will be a bad single? Who gives a shit if 'teh popular!!11' crowd like the song...music is meant to be shared anyways. At the end of the day people who like it for just being a single will move on to something else and all of the hardcore fans will be right back where they started.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i do like this song but it wouldnt of been one of my choices for a single.

it will be nice to see something like this in the charts though - should be good

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

It's a bad single based on our personal opinions and hangs ups as "hardcore" fans. And in my gut... it's just a bad single. It's a good song but doesn't seem to work well as a single. Same with Kenji. Better singles would be Back Home, Right Now, Red To Black (IMHO).

Plus, I can almost guarantee that ANYONE I play Where'd You Go for, if they like it, they would not like the rest of the CD. Why? They hate Linkin Park, and they hate rap even more. That's just the people I know though. I just think Where'd You Go sends a warped view of the album. Kind of like Numb. Hey, I thought Petrified was kind of a bad single too.

Pandemia

Pandemia Active Member

Where'd you go is a great song, it shows how singers feel when they go on tour leavin' their girlfriends/spouses behind...

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Cigarettes would be the worst video ever. Ppl would laugh it off. I agree with ur choices for High Road or red to black.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I agree. Cigarettes is the worst song on the cd, in my opinion. Kind of cheesy to me.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Jay has a different opinion to you then lol. i think its pretty cool.

i want right now to be a single

linkin_theory922

Personally i didn't like any of the singles...but this doesn't really matter to me anyway because when the new Lp album comes out, no one is even going to care about Fort Minor anyway....

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I respect the message and everything, but I just dont see many people smoking because they think it's "cool". Usually people I see getting stoned and smoking and stuff do it because they enjoy getting high...not to fit in. Smoking isn't cool to the chicks in my area, so alot of it's done in secret secret secret.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

last time I checked..."CIGARETTES"....dont get you high...and hes talking more about the tobacco industries promoting it as cool...remember...chester smokes, Mikes not saying that people who smoke are stupid..

And I personally think its the best song on the album...the beat is amazing and the string arrangement is goreous.

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

that's exactly why i like it. makes good points like what you said, but isn't dissing anyone really. maybe tobacco industry but whatever. and the beat is definitely amazing like you said, as well as the string arrangement and also the choir.... prob. one of my favorites as well.

linkin park 101

linkin park 101 Shhh! If You're Quiet I'll Show You A Dinosaur

Not a bad single choice just hope it gets the airplay Mike deserves

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

isnt this against what Mike is trying to do with this album? Mike is doing great at promoting this album and i think that he shouldnt base a single on how well it'll do on trl.. hes supposed to be underground hip hop with "big sounds"...

I honestly thought he was going to risk it with singles instead of playing with the safe cards (believe me, petrified) and go for something like Cigarettes or Red to Black... Kinda like Its Going Down, where it was just underground...

me-opinion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.