When a band member dies

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by GuliaLuna, Jun 23, 2016.

GuliaLuna

GuliaLuna Well-Known Member

Haven't been in here in awhile but I have some news

The guitarist of a band I love, Hopes Die Last has passed away in an accident. They are a post-hardcore band. I couldn't believe the news. I have talked to him before and he was so nice and talented. Its not fair that the best has to be taken away. I admire this band so much. They helped me through the roughest. When no one couldn't help me, their music soothed me. It comforted me.

I was crying so much today. I'm not sure what to think. In the news there has been some celebrity deaths like Prince and the X Factor singer Christina Grimmie. So I know I am not alone!

Is it normal to feel sad when a band member dies? Has this ever happened with a band you like? Should I just stop crying?

TV

TV Ichiro Suzuki LPA Super VIP

It's a normal thing to experience since you feel a connection. I've had that feeling with Prince and Aaliyah's passing. They were both artists I grew up really listening to and admiring. Not so much celebrity worship as it is feeling a personal connection through their music. Music is a profound thing, if you let it be.

Vdalem

Vdalem They're to die for! LPA Super VIP

It's hard to get over some musicians who passed away but in time we have to accept it, like it or not.