What religion are you?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Oct 3, 2004.

Because all the s**t that happens to good people is caused by other humans..not God himself. God is not responsible for our mistakes.

I'm Christian, but an unorthodox one. I stopped going to church when I moved here and I haven't been to one since, except at school when we used to go carol singing together. I believe in God and Jesus, but don't bother much with Christian customs and traditions. All customs are man-made, so whether you follow them or not doesn't make a bit of difference.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I would have to say that I'm Christian if anything cause i'm not totally sure what i believe in yet. If i'm not Christian then i'm an Atheist.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

how can u not know if ur Christian or an Athiest?? im sry but that doesnt make any sense to me :hmm:
    do u believe in a god or not?
    do u think Jesus is ur savior?
    hmmm
    im sry i dotn get it *sigh*

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

God is not responsible for our mistakes , but then why do some people think hes responsible for our sucesses and achievements?

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

I've been brought up a Catholic Christian.

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

I'm LDS (Latter Day Saint) aka I'm a Mormon.

I would like to say to all the people who think that if there really was a God that he wouldn't let bad things happen to people, that that's not true. First of all, you don't believe in him, second of all, look at all the bad things people are doing these days? People are constantly saying things against God, they don't believe in him, they do horrible things, and we expect God to give us a nice happy perfect life? That's not the way it works. If your turn your back on God then He can't really do anything for you. You're not letting Him. And why should He do anything good for you when you don't even believe in Him, and don't live the way he's asked you to? Also, when bad things happen to good people, well, that's just life. It's like someone else here said, God doesn't control people and make them hurt other people. He gave us our free agency to test us, and He's not responsible for the way we use that free agency. We are. So that's why bad crap happens to people all the time. And I mean, come on, look at how many people here are bad mouthing God.

EDIT: I changed the beginning of this because apparently I was disrespecting other people's opinions even though what I said didn't have anything to do with anyone's opinions.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

im not bad mouthing god :unsure:
    i just dont believe in one....i cant believe in one :(

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Perhaps you should read the forum rules:
    Since you can't seem to respect other's beliefs and dismiss them as crap, you're warned.

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

Ok, maybe bad mouthing wasn't the right way to put it, but there are a lot of people that don't believe in Him, and they wonder why, if He actually exists, that He would let bad things happen to people.

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

Perhaps you should read the forum rules:
    Since you can't seem to respect other's beliefs and dismiss them as crap, you're warned.[/b][/quote]
    Goodness, I wasn't saying that people's opinions are crap, sorry for giving that impression. I was saying it's a bunch of bologna (or crap as I said before) that God purposely let's bad things happen to people. I respect others' opinions very much, I just get a little touchy when it comes to religion.

Madi

Madi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm Catholic too.

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

i'm catholic. I don't care about that, I never go to church.

Ryan

how can u not know if ur Christian or an Athiest?? im sry but that doesnt make any sense to me :hmm:
    do u believe in a god or not?
    do u think Jesus is ur savior?
    hmmm
    im sry i dotn get it *sigh* [/b][/quote]
    I mean what i'm trying to say is that I would be a christian if i had a religion. But to be quite honest i dont have any evidence or personal experiences that should make me believe in the existence of a god or jesus christ. So therefore i sohuld declare myself a Atheist. But all in all i'm too confused in what is real and what isn't.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

We Catholics do too, as long as we admit that God was the one that started it all.

And Catholic Latinos aren't boring preachers or stuff like that, we like to think that God is in and around us, that he always helps us and that He's always with us, not a high dude in the sky that we must obey or get killed, but as a careful and loving father. [/b][/quote]
    I'm Catholic and what you just said clearly summarizes what I believe.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

The main reason people blame God for letting bad things happen to them is because Its seen as this omnipotent being who-- being omnipotent, loving, merciful, kind and perfect-- should have the power to stop these bad things from happening to them.

But everyone's also heard the cliche that God works in mysterious ways. Some say humans do harm to themselves and others, not God. Some say God told them to hurt so-and-so. Some would say that God would never say that. But God works in mysterious ways. If he allows millions of children to die everyday, whoes to say he didn't really tell so-and-so to kill so-and-so? And if he's so perfect and omnipotent, whoes to say that he's the one responsible for human suffering?

God is just way too distorted by what people want to believe It is that I can't believe in It.

Very good question.

Ranko

Ranko New Member

i hav my own religion to drink and eat as much as i want wanna join all religions are jst cults and u never get wat u put into it so wats the point??

:D R@Nk0

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

I mean what i'm trying to say is that I would be a christian if i had a religion. But to be quite honest i dont have any evidence or personal experiences that should make me believe in the existence of a god or jesus christ. So therefore i sohuld declare myself a Atheist. But all in all i'm too confused in what is real and what isn't. [/b][/quote]
    that means your agnostic ;)

athiest- doesnt believe god exists
    agnostic- not sure if god exists

May

May Ambient

i'm an Atheist cuz god makes no sense!
    i mean where did God come from anyways? cuz someone had to create god too right?

Ryan

that means your agnostic ;)

athiest- doesnt believe god exists
    agnostic- not sure if god exists [/b][/quote]
    Cool i had never heard of that term, guess you learn something new every day.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

There's a part of existence that is beyond everything logic. That's where religion starts.