What religion are you?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Glenn, Oct 3, 2004.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

We Catholics do too, as long as we admit that God was the one that started it all.

And Catholic Latinos aren't boring preachers or stuff like that, we like to think that God is in and around us, that he always helps us and that He's always with us, not a high dude in the sky that we must obey or get killed, but as a careful and loving father. [/b][/quote]
    Not all Catholics do, maybe you and some others believe evolution and creation can coexist, I'm just saying all Catholics are not that way. The town I live in is predominantly Irish/Italian Catholics, and I know a lot of them don't.

Rinkin

Rinkin Well-Known Member

I consider myself an atheist but my family is catholic-cristian. I'm not a big atheist but then I get really mad over deeply religious people when they talk to me about their religion and especially when they try to make me believe what they believe.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Catholic Christian.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't follow the Torah very closely. Because society is a lot different than in biblical times, many of the rules do not apply today. I believe in the basic principles, but I think it says that marriage is suppose to be just between a man and woman. Since I believe in homosexual marriage, I don't believe that rule and many others.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Not all Catholics do, maybe you and some others believe evolution and creation can coexist, I'm just saying all Catholics are not that way. The town I live in is predominantly Irish/Italian Catholics, and I know a lot of them don't. [/b][/quote]
    To Link04: Well, in my Catholic book I had in Ecuador(in South America)it said that evolution could happen if God was the one that gave and still gives life birth, and that the ape body's could have evolutioned, but that it was God that put his immortal soul in it, and he keeps doing that everytime a child's conceived. The wrong thing is believing that God isn't part of evolution process. If he explained the story as Adam and Eve it was because the truth is too hard to understand for our human brain.

To atheists: I don't want to piss you off, but I've seen that one of your arguments is that if there was God, he wouldn't let bad stuff happen to good people. I think that God makes bad stuff happen generally because he wants to prove us. Not only to prove our faith or our strength, but also to prove if we do what Jesus told us: "Love each other like I loved you"(traduction from Spanish, correct me if you want); to prove if we help each other no matter what.
    Look at the story of Job. He was a dude that had everything and believed in God faithfully. Then the devil tells God that if he did bad stuff to him he won't believe anymore. God let the devil take everything away from him and tempt him and stuff. But he still believes, so God gives him everything back and more. That's a lesson, and Jesus preached that too. Maybe we die before we get anything, but then we get heaven, the place especially made for those people. If you don't wanna believe me, it's fine, I have nothing against anyone.

To twicethetrouble: That's why you see that we Latinos are never depressed.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

Im buddhist , but part of me is atheist
    ( dunno if that makes sense or not)

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Only slightly. Can you explain more? That sounds interesting.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I was born a Christian but I am now an athiest. Religion has given me nothing but trouble so I decided to stray myself away from it as much as possible. Faith and believing in any higher form than myself has never helped me in the 16 years I have been alive and I don't expect them to any time soon. The only fact I dispise religion more than I would is because those who are religious love to talk down to me for being an athiest. I'm sure there are a lot of Christians who are not rude like so, but I have yet to meet one in person who wouldn't pressure me or talk down to me for being who I am. I am also the only athiest in my entire family, everyone included, so you can see where basically disowning comes into play.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

It's kind of wierd really lmao. I'm actually adopted, I was adopted as a child before I went through a couple of Foster homes and stuff.. But supposedly I used to be Christian, but when I was adopted my Parents converted me to Judism because of my Dad's last name, Silverman. They decided that since it was a Jewish last name, to make me become Jewish so my name would fit. Also.. My Mom's Christian and my Dad's Jewish so I celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah, which means twice the presents. :lol:

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

i have my own religion! but i dont preach it. so here it stops.

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

I'm atheist. But I'm really interested in Buddhism, though I can't say it's my religion.

Goofy

Goofy Well-Known Member

i am a pentecostal christian.

forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

when i was a child i used to be christian..so i used go to church and to catechism etc.. (my parents and my grandparents wanted me to go there <_< ) but now i'm an atheist. luckily.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

a what?

mafioso_007

mafioso_007 Banned

I'm atheist or I believe my own religion :p

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I'm Atheist. Nothing against religious people though. Just don't talk to me about it lol

Garfield

Garfield Well-Known Member

that's was the case with me too
    Half of my family are atheists but I don't see them often, the other side goes to chourch but they are cheap, hateful & rasists so I don't get along with them

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I am an atheist that was christened a catholic, but there's not a lot I can do about something that happened when I was a baby, unless anyone here is willing to lend me their time machine. :p

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

oooh, i would lend you my time machine!

im an atheist.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i am atheist.