What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

"Now You See Me" - second viewing. I felt it was decently clever. The ending actually made sense after watching the movie knowing what will happen, as opposed to my first viewing. Slightly better and still enjoyable. 3/5

2. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Looper (2012) – I can't find one flaw. An original, thrilling, genuinely fantastic film with a brilliant ending. WATCH THIS MOVIE. 9/10

Oh and Emily Blunt is damn pretty.

3. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Pacific Rim - 5/10

I almost turned it off a few times because it was so dumb. Even the awesome action was riddled with stupidity. OH I HAVE A SWORD HALFWAY THROUGH THE MOVIE! Humanity is fighting to survive and they're all morons.

I went in expecting mindless fun, but it was so dumb it was hard to have fun. I did marvel at what the production accomplished, and it was quite a sight. But aside from that it was hard to be pleased with any of it. It felt just as bad as Transformer movies.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  4. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Dragonball Z: Battle of The Gods

7/10

'Battle of the Gods' ! I finally got around to seeing it. Unfortunately, the film did not live up to the hype at all; the original teaser was able to capture that wholesome-epic Dragonball vibe; the film itself failed to do so. 'Battle of the Gods' was a lightheated and endearing romp, but it hardly captured any form of nostalgia and is far removed from being an enthralling viewing. Moreover, the 'god-mode' design was an absolute abysmal. Everything I expected out of the trailers (excluding the teaser) came to fruition, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I was hoping to be surprised. 'Battle of the Gods' is not the rush of adrenaline you'd expect out of a Dragonball Z flick. Instead, it's more of a reminder that the franchise is still heavily relevant and also a tease that more content could be on the way. Time will tell.

[​IMG]

Also, a slew of Jim Carrey movies.

Bruce Almighty -8/10

Liar, Liar - 7/10

Fun With Dick & Jane - 7/10

The Cable Guy - 6/10

5. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

FINALLY someone else gets it.

Gravity - 10 out of 5

Not one fucking dull moment throughout. Sandra Bullock is freaking amazing and if you can get to a DBOX theater to see this, you HAVE to - it's all the more immersive. There's actual suspense throughout with her fighting the endless darkness that is space, and Alfonso Cuaron has a strange way of making you look at her while blowing shit up all around her and it's great he didn't derp like Michael Bay would have and actually create sound for explosions - isn't it silent in space? And there's no oxygen for there to be fires in space either? Good call, Cuaron.

6. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Gravity - 10/10 Movie of the year!

7. travz21

Sound waves travel by vibrating molecules, so in a vacuum like space there'd be no sound. You also need a fuel source, an oxidizer, and an ignition process for fire, so that couldn't happen in space either. I think things could explode with very short lived flames, but you wouldn't hear it. Space is so different than what we're used to that it would be very eerie to see it done right in a movie. Gravity sounds like it accomplishes that.

Is it recommended in 3D? I really want to see this movie.

8. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Cabin in the Woods - 3.5/5

Hercules - 4/5

9. MKH

Nah, not much to go crazy over 3D about. DBOX on the other hand...

10. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

What is DBOX? Never heard of that before.

11. MKH

Motion theater. Paid-for seats have sequenced movement codes that run through them during the movie - I had a great hunch that since 99.99% of the movie takes place in space, it'd sway ever so slightly in motion with the stuff on screen, and the big moments rocked the hell outta my seat.

12. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

I Love You Phillip Morris - 7/10

Outrageous, explicit, and full of heart. I Love You Phillip Morris takes some time to adjust to, but the offbeat and delirious screenplay kept me glued.

13. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

Gravity 10/10. Man that movie was amazing. A can't miss.

14. travz21

Children Of Men - 9/10

Beautifully made film. Very good story. This is the second or third time I've watched it.

15. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

"Pacific Rim" - Insane action with some of the best visuals in a movie. Don't try to watch it as if it's supposed to be logical. It isn't. The story... 2-3/5 (Can't decide)

16. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

IDENTITY THIEF: 8/10

The part when there was a snake, I was ROFL. :lol: I'm bad at rating comedy movies.

THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE: 6/10

I find this move very funny! Hahaha. :lol: Is that weird? Totally nonsense movie.

17. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Elysium (2013) - 2.5/5 - I was a bit disappointed with this one. Loved District 9 but Elysium fell short and didn't really explore the ideas the film i based on. The editing was too erratic. Same goes for the storyline. It had all the components for a great and memorable sci-fi film but none of it really gelled together nicely.

18. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

"The Great Gatsby" - Terrible movie. 1/5

19. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Although it has some highs and lows, I just felt that Gatsby was too heavy on music and art direction than plot and acting. To quote Rolling Stone: "There may be worse summer movies than The Great Gatsby, but there won't be a more crushing disappointment."

20. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Yeah. The music felt awkward and forced, half the scenes looked fake and the directing was shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.