What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's another problem, I'm like:

"She's hot...you should be wanting to caress and kiss that face...not punch it into unrecognizable territory."

2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

This is very true :D

3. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Cashback - 3/5
    Visually amazing. Loved the way it was shot... a lot of interesting sequences. But plotwise I was left a little underwhelmed. Didn't really get the point of the movie. They introduce this sci-fi esque element but it gets pushed in the back-burner by the end of the movie. Still an enjoyable watch.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 - 3.5/5
    Watched a camrip way back when it was released, so couldn't really appreciate it fully. This is just straight up all killer, no filler. Plus it moves pretty fast for a Tarantino film, so that's good.

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - 3.5/5
    Thought it was a solid thriller/mystery film. I usually like plot twists in thrillers so from the beginning I was waiting for the story to take some weird/risky turns that would totally take me by surprise... but it played out pretty straight. Despite that I enjoyed the movie a lot... the lead chick was pretty impressive and the overall feel kept me engaged.

The Social Network - 5/5
    Firstly, the guy who wrote the screenplay for this movie deserves a fucking Oscar. The dialogs were so fast witted I was having a hard time keeping up with it. But it was a good thing in this case.. it felt like a competition keeping up and also, not a single part felt forced/overwritten. It just worked in the movie's universe. Also, gotta give Mr. Fincher major props for being equally fast and sporadic with his direction. All the performances in general were impressive. Andrew Garfield really shone during the dramatic scenes and JT's character... he is hands down the villain of the year. What made it so powerful is that there actually are people exactly like him in real life. And finally, the soundtrack was just the perfect icing on the cake. Definitely one of my favorite movies of this year.

4. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

District 9 - I'm not usually in to alien films but I really liked this one. Very action packed and the ending was really sad with the metal flower :(

5. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Finally saw the FIRST Paranormal Activity. Now I'll probably go see the sequel this weekend.

I gotta say, that shit was pretty scary.

6. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The Social Network
    The Cat Returns
    American History X

All of them were great

7. Jeff

I have Iron Man 2 downloading at the moment. I'll watch it when I get home, so I can tell you how I thought of it :D

8. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I think it's because it is quite realistic at times. I'm not usually scared easily but that film kinda creeped me out at night lol. I will probably still watch the second one though.

9. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I haven't seen either Paranomal Activity movies. I might watch the first one tonight. I've heard really mixed reviews about it.

10. Jeff

I tried watching that movie, and I didn't like it at all :/

11. Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

paranormal activity - cool, spooky, left me not wanting to get up in the middle of the night for any reason :lol:
    paranormal activity 2 - awesome, spooky, scary but didn't leave me as scared afterwards

12. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Scott Pilgrim vs The World - 4/5
    Knew I'd enjoy it because... well it's Edgar Wright. Dude can do no wrong. And I was right.. the movie was great. Can't really think of anything that I hated. Maybe the whole "fighting 7 exes" felt a little repetitive, but the amazing visuals and offbeat comedy made up for it. And I didn't have any problem with Cera playing the same awkward teen again. He does it well and I enjoy it. Solid flick.

Inception - 5/5
    Finally got to watch it. Now this is what I call a great sci-fi movie. Such a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the reboots and adaptations. This should most def win the Oscar for best original screenplay. I can't even begin to wrap my head around how Nolan fitted all the mind-bending concepts in a form suitable for the mainstream audience. Major props for that. A lot of people bitched about some of the other characters being underwritten. I didn't have any problem with that at all. Fleshing out the supporting characters would've clashed with the movie's main purpose, ie, explaining the dream-concept to the audience. And the whole thing would've turned into a huge clusterfuck. I also liked how they kept CGI to a minimum in the fight scenes. It was used only when the story called for it. I can't wait to go back and rewatch it again to grasp some of the ideas a little better.

13. Jeff

I'll give this movie a 8/10. It is definitely a solid sequel, and left me wanting Iron Man 3 to come sooner :D

14. Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

RocknRolla.
    Amazing movie, amazing soundtrack.
    8.5/10

15. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Scott Pilgrim is in his 20s anyway :p

16. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

SAW 3D.
    The most epic ending ever! I don't know what it is about this franchise that makes people hate it so much - not every movie that's made is gonna be on the same level of story-telling as Inception or The Dark Knight, nor the richness of emotional hulabaloo like Titanic. If you watch all 7 movies, it's actually pretty epic how all the storylines converge, blend, and connect. Sure if you've never seen a SAW film and for some reason you choose to watch, let's say, the fifth one, for example, you are definitely going to be lost and hate the whole series.

I can't wait for Scream 4, Men In Black 3, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, or Jurassic Park IV!

17. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 1- 9/10

My friend wanted to babysit so we let her and we saw it. I actually love the fact they used Bill Nighy (Viktor > Underworld & many more movies) in this as we're a big Bill Nighy (we yell out "Viktor!" whenever we see him because of our large Underworld 3 poster with him on it hanging up near the bathroom) household. I understand that the books were uber long and in a way I am disappointed that I have to wait until the second part, but the other half of me understands. But overrall, I'm not disappointed in this movie, actually brings back memories of stealing the book off my sister because I was too broke to buy it myself, and of course, reading it.

18. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago I watched Inception for the third time. The other day I watched a film called Friends, from 1971. I really like the deeper films, and I always felt like movies from the late 60s and early 70s had that sort of special depth missing from classic Hollywood of the early 1960s and backwards, and blockbuster Hollywood of the late 70s and beyond. I feel like nowadays Inception is the closest you're gonna get to that.

19. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen (2010)

Rating: 6/10

A Hong Kong actioner that stumbles on it's feet thanks to an uneven pacing, courtesy of Mr. Andrew Lau. The action is aplenty, and there are definitely some surprises when it comes to the choreography, but those elements are overshadowed by the camerawork. The film constantly hypes up it's audience but falls short in delivering an impactful climax in numerous scenes, this unfortunately carries over towards the very end of the film. High points of the film involve Donnie Yen channeling his younger self, as well as a tasteful tribute to the late Bruce Lee by revisiting the character of Chen Zhen.

20. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.

8.5/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.