What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I loved 500 Days of Summer. I hated Zooey's character, just because it reminds me of how up and down woman can be, but she's definitely smokin' hot and can act.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I loved Frozen... I think those "stupid" decisions anyone in that situation could/would have made and it seemed very real and in a weird way touching. I loved it, however too each their own.

I just saw The Expendables and I really enjoyed it, and then I saw Splice and didn't really care for it.

Oh crap, I'm sorry.

3. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Yup I think that was the point of the character to some extent. But her hotness made up for all the character flaws :lol:

Nah, I don't agree. Even with suspension of disbelief in place a lot of stuff just kept screamed "c'mon.. really?". The weird comedic undertone didn't help the situation either. But like you said, to each their own.

I've seen The Expendables as well. Copy/paste from another forum...

Slither - 2/5
    First time watch, but I knew what it was going in, so I had the right mindset. But I can't say that it had the amount of comedy I was expecting it to have. Liked the small town feel and all the effects, but I could've done with some more laugh out loud comedic moments.

The Other Guys - 2.5/5
    Liked it. The comedy worked well for me but it had too much plotting and as it progressed it overshadowed the comedy. Ferrel and Wahlberg played well off of each other. It didn't have a strong supporting cast though. Michael Keaton's character I thought got kinda boring half way. Still an enjoyable comedy.

The Expendables - 4/5
    This movie kicked ass, literally. It was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be... cheesy/bad dialogs, macho heroes and most importantly gory/explosive action sequences. In fact some of the action was so good, it took me by surprise. I thought it struck a nice balance between the modern and oldschool styles of action. Overall, a very enjoyable flick.

Iron-Man 2 - 2.5/5
    Too much plotting, not enough action. That action piece at the Stark-pad was so unnecessary..felt like they had to throw it in for the sake of it. The big battle towards the end ended quite anticlimactically. Also, the style of dialog, where the characters kept cutting each other in the middle of conversations, really started to get on my nerve. I know they put it in there for comedic effects and it worked in the first one, but they really overdid it this time around.

4. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

ICE AGE: DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS 10/10. :lol: I always love Ice Age.

5. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

"Le bruit des glaçons". 1/10.

One out of two worst movies I ever saw.

6. morsedog

morsedog Member

I watched "The Road" with Viggo Mortenson. It was a horrible film, I would rather watch Maria Carey "Glitter". It was about him in the apocalypse, and to the movie's credit it was very accurate. If the apocalypse happened it would be very boring and totally suck. (just like the movie) You end up wishing that Charlize Theron's character used some birth control and didn't have the little kid.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  7. Agent

28 Days Later - 1.5/5
    Did this movie seriously get place in people's end-of-the-decade lists for horror films? How it did is beyond me, because I didn't feel any element of scare one bit. It started off great but the more it progressed the more I started to to say to myself "So... where is this going?" And where it went was kind of ridiculous. Some of the characters became so one-dimensional in the last act that I wasn't even sure if I was watching the same movie anymore. Being aware of all the praise this movie got, naturally I went in very hyped, but sadly came out disappointed. Even Danny Boyle's direction, which I thought was pretty amazing btw, couldn't save this movie for me.

8. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I agree, I love Simon Pegg's character BUCK!

I know I'm a little slow but I finally watched Inception today. Really enjoyed it! Visually appealing and a great story too.

9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The Count of Monte Cristo. "King's to you, Fernand."

10. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Great movie :chuck:

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

LMAO, agree with both. However, Weeks >>>>>> Days.

12. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Jurassic Park. It's been ages since I've seen it and a favourite from childhood. It holds up so well all around, but the special effects are still notable and convincing 17 years after it's release. Great film.

Also had a happy little surprise while watching the Making Of doc when a shot of Adam Jones (Tools guitarist) appeared showing him working on a model Dilophosaurus.:awesome:

I might watch The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford tonight.

13. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Distrubia.
    I can only dream to be a 16 year old in that situation.

14. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Devil (8/10)
    After watching it, I will never, ever choose the elevator. The film scene only around the elevator, but some parts still make me "OMG".

15. Hellions

Hellions Banned

Get Him To The Greek was pretty damn funny. P. Diddy is surprisingly hilarious almost throughout, but Jonah Hill is in a pretty typical character for himself (I think the entire Superbad cast is basically doomed to typecasting.) and Russell Brand is hardly acting. I'm actually pretty sure this is just footage of Jonah Hill hanging out with Russell Brand. :p The movie was pretty good but probably best at the beginning and then slowly tapering off with the ending picking up again in quality. The "threesome" scene was a bit awkward/uncomfortable to watch for some reason and beyond that just seemed unnecessary. I'd go like 7/10 but it also has Aziz Ansari so I am obligated to bump it up by one. 8/10

Try Rear Window from Hitchcock if you liked Disturbia.

Is anybody going to see Buried? I've seen/read about it and it sounds interesting but it's something I wouldn't feel comfortable seeing at all. I remember feeling really anxious watching the buried alive scenes of Kill Bill Vol. 2. The use of a single light in a confined space is incredibly effective.

If you haven't heard, it is indeed about a man (Ryan Reynolds) who wakes up buried alive inside a coffin, not unlike Kill Bill, with only a flashlight, but I think he also has a phone and something else. The film takes place like 90% within the coffin.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  16. Agent

^ I'm pumped for it. Too bad theaters here don't screen latest movies, so I gotta wait till the dvdrip comes out :/

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'm going to see it when it hits a wide release, I'm so excited. However, I probably feel mad uncomfortable as well during it, I'm not fond of tiny spaces.

18. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

The Incredible Hulk
    5/10
    (The Ed Norton version not Bana' Hulk)
    All I can say is
    TIM ROTH! :wub:

19. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

yeah, they both sucked . . .

20. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

It was good to see Tim Roth nonetheless minus the fact that he really doesn't make a good villain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.