What I've Done - Fully Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Hahninator, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

FOR THE LAST TIME....YES!

Please read/search around. This question has been asked 2389291 times.

Sorry for flipping, but this is really annoying.

2. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Oh..k thanks

3. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

well, naturally, i saw the post in my RSS feed this morning when i got up and was like "oooh haha, lame april fools" and then the site was down so i was like ouch that's a dirty trick. but then i checked some other fansites and was like OMG. i didn't figure you admins all got together just to trick us this much haha.

as far as the song goes, i don't know if it is just the quality, but it doesn't sound as good as i had hoped to be honest. derek asked the question as to whether we thought this song would be one of our favorite songs of all time by LP or not; well, i have to honestly say that it is not. i hope the rest of the album will be better than this and WID is more like a transitional song or something just go get us to realize that MIM won't be the same as before. maybe a cd quality rip will sound better or something. lyrics aren't too bad though. i've seen some say that part for the bridge like "whatever thing may come", i think it says "whatever PAIN may come". i think 'thing' would be a bit too generic right there.

anyway, just my $0.02. here's to another 43 days of waiting for the album :) props to LPA for having it first [or at least from what i can tell you did].

PS: what website(s) got shut down?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  4. panza

panza Well-Known Member

b/w photo I think ... very simple
    I don't know why many people here don't consider photography as art and are blaming that they want some painting, like the painting is the only art in the world. I'm sure there sill be some paintings by mike and joe in the booklet, but I don't think there will be any on the cover

5. general41391

general41391 Well-Known Member

I heard that the official track list will be posted on iTunes Tuesday, along with the option of a pre-order.

Also, tomorrow LPTV is supposed to be added.

6. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Looks to me like cfti did.

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Das ist korrekt.

8. Person

Person Member

x.x

damn Warner...

9. CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

Wow, I hate being a newbie here. I've been lurking around these forums for quite a while, but I never joined. I hoping that my good grammar will keep me around for a while. Please?

Anyways, I really like the song. I love the part right before the chorus where he's like "Let mercy come and wash away...what I've done!!" While, I do think the very beginning of the first verse is kinda weak, the rest of the song is amazing, especially the "na na na" part at the end. I'll have this song on repeat through probably the whole night, until the point that I kill it and hate the song. Oh well.

One thing I am worried about though is that I really don't think it sounds like a number one song to me. In the End instantly jumped out at you and screamed number one from the second you heard it, but this song doesn't. Hopefully the second single will have a bit more mass appeal.

*checks post 1000 times for grammar mistakes*

10. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Welcome! Don't worry, you're fine. :lol:

11. AVCP333

AVCP333 Member

Do you think cure for the itch will be put back up?
    That's where i first got the song.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm fearing that our new policy is giving off the wrong impression. We don't mind if you're a n00b, we encourage people to join.

We just wanna prevent people from being idiots. You sir, are not one. You sound quite intelligent =).

13. Person

Person Member

Hmm... lyrically, I believe this song might be the pinnacle of Linkin Park's musical career. It's just totally different and although it strays away from the nu-metal genre, they're still recognizable. This, to me, is a definite #1 song. Brilliant!

oh... umm I'm a noob as well =D

14. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It definitely doesn't scream no.1 imo, but we'll see.

15. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

That star1019.com [or whatever it is, i can't remember already] just played the song again as I was listening online. That's just luck or they're playing the hell out of it because I was only listening for roughly 15 mins. before it came on. I am starting to like it a little more with each listen. Hopefully there will be a much better quality one on their site tomorrow. can't wait!

16. CureForTheSession

CureForTheSession Well-Known Member

haha, I know what you guys meant. I'm just sucking up now so if I ever screw up in the future, I won't get in trouble like some of the idiots posting links to the mp3.

17. Rhazmuz

Rhazmuz Active Member

Damn I've just downloaded the album version via a online store here in Dk and my god it is so awesome..
    much better than rip..:D

18. Caitlin

Caitlin Guest

Listened to it this morning, and I think it sounds pretty good, so far. It'll probably grow on me some more. Chester's voice sounds a lot clearer without all the layering they did previously.

19. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

agreed..i like that his voice isnt mixed..sounds much better.

20. Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

thnx Darek for the editing
    i know it takes from your time , appreciated :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.