What Has Verizon Done? Clip of Single Surfaces

Discussion in 'News' started by Andrea, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvengeR_

AvengeR_ Member

i like this song i think its really good... also the guitar part.... has anyone noticed on the lptv trailer that brad uses a different guitar? its an esp ... i have also an esp... if anyone know please check... the freatboard is identical to my guitar,with abalone on it.Phoenix also uses a different bass but i dont know what it is ....

[​IMG]
    this is what im talking about...

2. lragnarok11

lragnarok11 Active Member

LINKIN PARK WILL NEVER BE EMO GOT IT?!

3. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

KAY.

4. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I'd say almost everything Linkin Park has released could be considered "emo" lyrics-wise. Seriously.

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*EDIT* Nevermind :lol:

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No offense, but that doesn't make any sense at all. It's your opinion that it's not emo, just like it's your opinion that it sounds like a "harder" Coldplay. Honestly, no one's an idiot if they think a song is one genre when it is or isn't. It's not your place to call someone an idiot just because you don't agree with them or the genre they feel the song falls into. Someone could easily say, "Anyone who classifies this track as 'harder Coldplay' is an idiot. There is nothing remotely 'harder Coldplay' about this song except for possibly..keyword possibly..the piano." You can't call someone an idiot for their opinion and expect no one to call you an idiot for your opinion, because that's just what it is: an opinion.

See what I'm talking about? You're all arguing over fucking OPINIONS. It's so stupid to be arguing over opinions when no one's going to get anywhere at all.

7. Derek

No offense Will, but you complaining that people are fighting over opinions is not going to stop them. So you might as well save yourself the energy of typing up those large posts that you do, cause people are going to keep it up.

Your rants are as pointless as the fights in this thread cause ranting wont stop anything. I'm just being honest.

8. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I hate taking sides, but I agree with Will.

And so what if he rants? He's allowed to say what he wants, just so long as he's not offending anybody. He's allowed to state his opinion. He's not calling anybody an idiot.

Yes, fighting won't stop. But, Derek, statements like yours will start them.

9. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

i'm with Louis on the fact that I hate taking sides, but I will have to side with Derek's original statement. yes, everyone's entitled to their own opinions like Will stated, but strike one more on the board for people who think it's stupid to call this THIRTY FUCKING SECOND CLIP EMO.

I'm so sick of the word Emo, this new generation, anyone who wears funky black clothes, cries/cuts to "fit in"..... bah, I must be getting old.

10. Will

It's the people defending the clip from being called emo who are the ones inciting the arguments and the fighting.

11. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

:lol: what?! if anyone is "inciting" an argument, it'd be the people calling it emo to get a rise out of the people like me who are tired of that damn label. the people calling it "non-emo" are the ones who are arguing in rebuttal. everyone... stfu, :lol: no one is right, no one is wrong, let's be civil, and be friends until we sing zippity-do-da out of our asses.

12. Will

It's not even the right-wrong aspect of the discussion, it's the fact that people are getting so mad that others are calling the clip emo that they're getting to the point where they're throwing around insults.

Emo doesn't mean slitting your wrists, bleeding black and crying stars while you write in your diary about how that boy didn't look at you today while staring at the full moon. Emo used to be a beautiful genre of music. Now it's just bastardized.

Listen to Sunny Day Real Estate and you'll know what I mean. Beautiful, beautiful music. And their last album was called The Rising Tide. I think that's funny too.

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Sooooo... when do you guys think the song will leak?

*hides in basement as missiles fly :lol: *

14. Derek

Don't even start us on that Kayce. It'd create a whole 'nother argument. :p

"It's gonna leak tomorrow."

"NO **** YOU IT'LL LEAK IN AN HOUR"

"YOU'RE IDIOTS. IT'S GOING TO LEAK ON APRIL 2ND!"

15. Will

That's probably when it's going to leak. Even the band said that's when it's going to leak.

...:lol:

16. Derek

Yeah, especially since all my sources are empty handed.

Gotta love LP and their super tight album security.

17. Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

I hate it.

18. Derek

So to recap. Linkin Park are not "emo", are not turning into emo and never have been.

And this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5OXfZ3R4SY

Is not "emo" either by definition.

19. TreCool

TreCool Member

A single has leaked...heard it today on the radio! It WASN'T What I've Done, but another song. The DJ did say it was the LP World Premiere and it sounded awesome, is there a possible song with a lyric about a Refugee?

Just to preface, this isn't a joke or a hoax, I'm a HUGE LP fan and wouldn't just make this up.
    -TreCool

20. Derek

Re-request it and post a clip of the song we haven't heard yet. Otherwise as far as I'm concerned, you are not telling the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.