Wes Borland Returns

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by SketchaMPM, Aug 14, 2004.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Am I the only one dissapointed with Wes? I mean, don't get me wrong, bringing Wes back will make LB's music better and I will probably end up buying the new album but just look at it for a second. Wes leaves the band, Says he is not in it for the money, talks a lot of **** about Limp, and then comes crawling back to Fred after his solo Carrer didn't work out for him.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

If you would have read the entire thread, you would have saw that I said I've lost some respect for Wes.

;)

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Do you have anything to back up your point that Wes came crawling back? Maybe Fred wanted him back ;)

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

As long as Wes has enough creative control, I don't really care why he came back. I would've liked to known how Eat the Day would've sounded like though.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Does anybody know if Mike is still going to be in the band? To be quite honest i think Mike is a better guitar player than Wes. But Wes definitely kicks Mikes ass when it comes to live performances.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

How can you say that? Mike was a nu-metal's Adam Jones (of Tool). Took his same atmospheric kinda style, and mixed it a bit with Wes's style and nu-metal elements. Wes (and also Sam Rivers) are the only credible members of the band, moreso Wes. And is seemed like Fred Durst was getting more of his way. But since the whole rap-metal thing flopped on him, he needed a better guitarist since he obviously wants less rap in his music now...

Compare Mike's parts to Wes's and Borland is so much better in terms of riffs/background sounds/leads.

Ryan

How can you say that? Mike was a nu-metal's Adam Jones (of Tool). Took his same atmospheric kinda style, and mixed it a bit with Wes's style and nu-metal elements. Wes (and also Sam Rivers) are the only credible members of the band, moreso Wes. And is seemed like Fred Durst was getting more of his way. But since the whole rap-metal thing flopped on him, he needed a better guitarist since he obviously wants less rap in his music now...

Compare Mike's parts to Wes's and Borland is so much better in terms of riffs/background sounds/leads. [/b][/quote]
    Well I guess that is your opinion. I mean Wes doesn't suck, that's for sure, I just think that all around Mike is a better player. Basically because how you said, Mike took his own style and mixed it with a bit of Wes's. So therefore, he is able to adapt to any kind of style and play whatever kind of style is needed. Call me stupid if you want but, I think that Wes is really only able to play a more heavier style, like he did on Three Dollar Bill Ya'll, and Significant Other. I think that Wes's performance on Chocolate Starfish is one of the reasons why that album was such a flop.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Yup!

And I'm not saying that Mike's a bad guitarist either ;)

Personally I prefer Wes thats all.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yup!

And I'm not saying that Mike's a bad guitarist either ;)

Personally I prefer Wes thats all. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: I'd like to see Mike try to play "Take A Look Around." :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I've heard a lot of people going "finally" in regards to Wes' return but Mike wasn't the reason that RMV sucked so bad. Infact, in my opinion Mike brought a lot of new sounds to limpbizkit that Wes never attempted before on record.

The reason RMV was bad was because while Fred's lyrics improved, they still went down the drain at the same time (take the otherwise repetitive lyrics of "Almost Over" and "Red Light, Green Light").

However; I will agree, that some of Wes' guitar work was simply jaw dropping. Here's to hoping limpbizkit's next record doesn't suck.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Do you have anything to back up your point that Wes came crawling back? Maybe Fred wanted him back ;) [/b][/quote]
    Fred wanted Wes back from the start. I'm sure I heard him say how he wanted him back just when he had left or sometime around then...

I think that this has been planned for a while now though...

Ryan

Totally agree.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I still say people thought RMV sucked because people expected it to be the same Immature Limpbizkit that did Rollin' & Nookie.

But they got a Grown-Up Limpbizkit.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

I still say people thought RMV sucked because people expected it to be the same Immature Limpbizkit that did Rollin' & Nookie.

But they got a Grown-Up Limpbizkit. [/b][/quote]
    Nookie and Rollin are probably my least favorite songs they ever made and I still didn't like Results May Vary, but that's just me maybe. I just prefer Wes' guitar work, I guess.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Personally I think RMV sucked solely because of the lyrics. And the band vibe didn't seem to be all there. No matter how heavy or heart-felt it got it didn't make me bounce or feel his pain. But pressure does many many things. Unlike many bands LB wrote the music first and then Fred had to go back and write lyrics to the music. That's a hard thing to do (IMO). I mean you never know. Wes could have stayed, RMV could have still been made and it still could have been a flop.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think the tell-tale sign of him writing that about Wes was:

Your so dumb,
    With your big dumb face,
    And your big dumb ego,
    What a disgrace, let it go,
    What a disgrace, let it go.

Big Dumb Face was Wes' band, when he left limpbizkit.

ccitb

ccitb Well-Known Member

man, this is so cool! I don't think that Mike wasn't good enough, but listen to "results may vary" and then to the older records. "results..." to me sounds like melancholy, but the others spread more energy. so I hope they will be more powerful now that wes is there again.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

But remember to keep in mind limpbizkit had only a month to make RVM since they decided to start from scratch.

ccitb

ccitb Well-Known Member

yeah, and I like RMV, but it's not what I expected, especially after first listening to "eat you alive". but it's a great album