We Care What You Think

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Derek, Sep 3, 2003.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Dear LPAssociation Members and Outsiders,

Recentely I've come under the impression that the public opinion of our website isn't that pretty. Some people refer to our website as being way too strict while others don't even join because of bad mouthing against our website.

Always wanting to provide the best and nicest website for Linkin Park fans this disappoints me quite much and it is because of this that I feel the need to make a thread about what our valued members and visitors think. Yes thats right, your opinion counts. We want to know what you think about the way the staff handles things, the overall friendliness of these forums, the forums themselves etc.

Many of you might have been afraid for talking against some things on our site for fear of banning; but rest assured, we are all ears to what you have to say. Yes we do request that you dont flame or insult and express your feelings in a positive manner, but otherwise you can feel safe that your opinions are welcome in this thread.

If you have had a problem with any part of this website or have nothing but respect for us please tell us in this thread, we've come to a point where this thread is needed and where your opinion counts.

Please everyone, voice your opinion on these forums as you're input will go much farther then you think. Don't be afraid to voice your opinions as long as you say them peacefully, whether it be negative or positive. Part of LPA are the visitors themselves, and we are always going to stay that way ;).

Sincerely,
    Derek Oswald

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

You will not be banned or warned unless you flame. And anyone who attacks another persons opinion will be warned. Sorry if that sounds strict, but we can't have people jumping all over people because they disagree, right? :). Please, any negative or positive comments about the way things are handled by staff, the forums themselves, or disagreement with any rules are welcomed with open arms. Constructive criticism is appreciated. We want to make this place frendlier, and you can only help us acheive that by saying anything.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Personally, I think the mistake everyone makes here is not reading the rules. Majority of people appologize after being notified, but it's quite too late. By logic, you should read the rules because a lot of sites do differ with permissions and standards.

I think that the LPA is one of the most welcoming and friendly sites on the web. People just don't know how to joke around sometimes. To blame the staff for being strict is rediculous... Everyone has their off days and sometimes people are in an angry mood for personal reasons. I have yet to have a problem here, so I don't understand how anyone else could. As long as you don't break the rules, you'll have fun here... Like school... And... Other public things. If you run around naked in public, you're going to get busted--that's a rule.

Personally I think you guys do a great amount and you're under appreciated for that, and I'm not being modest. Look at me... I am in the same type of website deal as you guys but I am nothing as you guys are. The way LPA works is if you're not going to have respect, you won't get respect back... or that's how I think of it. Have enough respect and respect everyone, they'll respect you. It's a mutual thing. Look at me... again. I used to not like this site because I just saw it as another wannabe site. But as I began to become a part of the site and just get to know them and respect everything, I found this place to be a very good place. Keep up the good work guys--you guys are doing fine... You can't please everyone because some are just born to make life harder for everyone. You guys have a lot of people who respect you and the LPA, and like I said--you're all under appreciated for what you do for the LP community in general. Your harshness against teenies is the same route I take--because I dislike them very much. I don't see people bashing me about it... Haters will use absolutely any reason just to hate you, so screw those people and keep on going :).

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Well we cant just discard what haters say but, thank you very much for your praise on our website and we shall keep what you said in mind heh.

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

I think that this is probably one of the most friendly and inclusive boards that I have seen... I've checked out quite a few, from LP boards to just general discussion but I always come back to this one. I mean, in other boards that are as popular as this one, there are a lot of anti-n00b attitudes and it's sort of like a nazi camp (in the way that individual opinions are stamped upon and there is a major dictatorship going on...) :p Seriously, I don't really think that there is any problem with the way you guys are running it. If I could offer one suggestion, it would be that the staffmembers keep their personal beefs with individual members off the forums and work it out privately... Other than that -- great job :)

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I personally don't have a problem with the way the staff handles things around here. Each day I love coming on this board, chatting about Linkin Park and other general topics. This board has that "special" something I guess. ^_^ I've been part of many LP message boards, but none of them compare to the LPA. The LPA is run very well and most of the time is a very enjoyable environment.

There are times when I wanted to speak my mind, or rather chew out, someone when they say dissrespectful comments on GC. That does bother me but I have to realize people on here have vasts opinions on them and I need to respect it, eventhough I hate it.

Other than that little kinda useless rant above, the LPA is great. ^_^

elie

elie Well-Known Member

I'm not trashing anything or anyone. I'm just saying, that I myself don't feel as if my opinion is that welcomed. I knew from day one, people wouldn't like me. I won't mention any names, but I feel that they ignorantly pass judgements on me without getting to know me. Therefore, it's hard to get an opinion heard.

It's hard to moderate/administrate ANY forums, and there is no "perfect" way to do things. I respect most staff here, because, they try their hardest. But in reality, we're all for the most part very young here and we're all human in our actions.

But when it comes down to some of the way things are handled, I just have to disagree. By expressing the actual situations, then I must include names, so I won't do that. But sometimes I feel as if staff is glorified beyond belief. Then I see some members saying, "They are our gods. We bow down before them."

I don't care if that's a joke or not, that's some of the biggest BS, in my opinion ever. The staff here is some very smart, very nice and decent people. They also deserve recognition for their hardwork and sleepless nights, but the way they supposedly "tower over" the other members is horrific. It makes me want to leave ANY thread that has another staff member in it. Because I can easily get into a heated argument and DISCUSS matters with another member, which is the basis of a forum, "Discussion". Then, the same language and terminology used with another member is used with an admin. is now "Disrespectful" and "antagonizing", and i've seen far too many members leave this forum, or get banned from here for doing something above.

But for the most part, the staff does what I believe the best they possibly can (except for a few instances, and I will not mention any names). The staff that doesn't have my respect, probably knows that, and probably doesn't give a flying rat's behind about me, so I don't really care. Derek asked for an opinion on how things ran, and that's mine, *points up*.

I don't know if i'd leave over the things mentioned above, but it's definetely an unnapealing part of a community to not have the ability to communicate with the forum leaders as you would with any other member normally. That's the only part I think that should be worked on.

- Elie

Mark

Yeah, I can tell that's me. Sorry about that, I'll try to keep that off the forums. :p. I'm not posting it to get on your nerves though. :). Thanks for your input. Sometimes I feel like telling off people because they don't like something I like, but then I notice it's an opinion and they vary. Again, thanks. Anything to try and make this place better. ^_^ B)

<!--QuoteBegin--Elie
    @Sep 2 2003, 11:56PM
    I'm not trashing anything or anyone. I'm just saying, that I myself don't feel as if my opinion is that welcomed. I knew from day one, people wouldn't like me. I won't mention any names, but I feel that they ignorantly pass judgements on me without getting to know me. Therefore, it's hard to get an opinion heard.

It's hard to moderate/administrate ANY forums, and there is no "perfect" way to do things. I respect most staff here, because, they try their hardest. But in reality, we're all for the most part very young here and we're all human in our actions.

But when it comes down to some of the way things are handled, I just have to disagree. By expressing the actual situations, then I must include names, so I won't do that. But sometimes I feel as if staff is glorified beyond belief. Then I see some members saying, "They are our gods. We bow down before them."

I don't care if that's a joke or not, that's some of the biggest BS, in my opinion ever. The staff here is some very smart, very nice and decent people. They also deserve recognition for their hardwork and sleepless nights, but the way they supposedly "tower over" the other members is horrific. It makes me want to leave ANY thread that has another staff member in it. Because I can easily get into a heated argument and DISCUSS matters with another member, which is the basis of a forum, "Discussion". Then, the same language and terminology used with another member is used with an admin. is now "Disrespectful" and "antagonizing", and i've seen far too many members leave this forum, or get banned from here for doing something above.

But for the most part, the staff does what I believe the best they possibly can (except for a few instances, and I will not mention any names). The staff that doesn't have my respect, probably knows that, and probably doesn't give a flying rat's behind about me, so I don't really care. Derek asked for an opinion on how things ran, and that's mine, *points up*.

I don't know if i'd leave over the things mentioned above, but it's definetely an unnapealing part of a community to not have the ability to communicate with the forum leaders as you would with any other member normally. That's the only part I think that should be worked on.

- Elie
    [/quote]

We don't try to make it seem like we're better than you, and some people have the wrong impression. But there has to be a little distance between Staff and Members. If there wasn't, the forums would go wild and everyone would be breaking rules and not listening to staff when we ask them not to say anything. That's from a respect type of view. As for opinions on matters, of course we're not always right, and of course what we say doesn't mean anything more or isn't valued higher than what the members say. We don't go into threads knowing what we say is right and that no one can disagree with us.

As for warning you, we expect a certain level of respect. We don't want our intelligence insulted by people. You can call me sensitive or whatever, but don't insult me. We need to maintain the respect or all hell will break loose. If I've lost your respect by warning you, then I guess it's a personal thing for getting warned. I used my best judgement and you used yours, but I don't stalk you around the forums waiting for you to slip up, that'd be a waste of my time. Thanks for your input. :)

LinkinJunior

LinkinJunior LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I can't live without this board... I mean I enjoy everything about this board.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i think this is one of the best boards on the net, with hundreds of welcoming members and a selection of helpful staff, theres nothing wrong with this site, the only thing thats come to my attention recently, is how quickly u come down on people, i think the way you handle teenies are very bad (read the post on teenies i put in chit chat) then you locked it and no-one else could post their views on it, which was kinda unfair a little, but other than that, this bored is freakin awesome!

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

This is the best board I've ever seen!

Mark

thanks for your concern. but have you seen the LPMB? I cringe everytime I visit there because of all the "MiKe iS sO HOtt!" and "liek omg! chester is gorgeous!" threads filling up the forums. Surely you don't want that? :lol:.

How do you suggest we fix this? Warn the teenies or just ban them on sight? We like to be a friendly place, but we also want to be known as forums for big fans, not people who like the band because of their looks. I mean, I'm sure lots of girls here think a member is cute or whatever, but they have enough respect to keep it to themselves instead of making the forums look bad. Those are the people I admire. Suggestions are welcomed, maybe we'll have a ballot where we have members vote on what they want done with certain issures. Thanks for you input.

Thanks LJ and Ppr:Kut!

Cal

well i think you shoudnt come down on them so fast, u should just say, please dont comment on the bands looks, if they continue, ban them yeah, but if someone says, chester is hot in one of their posts, u ban them before they can say sorry, and u cant tell me u dont fancy christina aguilera or another singer/artist, which would make u a teenie to their fans.

[EDIT] also i think you should have the rules somewhere easier to view, like when u sign-up its automatically directed to the page of rules, cuz newbies dont know where to go so easily to begin with, and could do something which could get them banned, i seen someone asking for an mp3 earlier, so i guess he hasnt seen them, or even send out the rules in an email to every new person that signs up

Mark

i don't go on christina aguilera forums, though. :lol:. and i don't like her music because of her looks. but i can see what you're saying, i just really anti-teenie.

good idea! i'll mention it to alex.

Cal

i know what ur saying, and where u stand, and yeah i woudnt listen to christina aguilera if she was hot, and i woudnt post on her forums, so im just thinking, mayby its the same with linkin park, they actually like the music, and think their hot, which dosnt bother me as long as they dont post it all the time

Mark

i know what ur saying, and where u stand, and yeah i woudnt listen to christina aguilera if she was hot, and i woudnt post on her forums, so im just thinking, mayby its the same with linkin park, they actually like the music, and think their hot, which dosnt bother me as long as they dont post it all the time [/b][/quote]
    yeah, i see what you're saying. but it's more of a trend for 12 year old girls to like bands such as LP because they "look good". i bet half the teenies couldn't care less about linkin park's music, just following the trend of liking a band because of their looks. not many guys go "omg! christina aguilera is so hot!" on her forums, and it's not a trend to like christina because she's beautiful, but if you replaced "linkin park" with "nsync" in every teenie topic on the LPMB, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the nsync boards and lpmb. :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I f##king hate LPA.

There's my opinion. :lol:

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

tsh tsh I think I heard some anti-LPA propaganda going on there......

:p

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

tsh tsh I think I heard some anti-LPA propaganda going on there......

:p [/b][/quote]
    lmfao.

I didn't want to say everything else the other admins have said. It would get redundant and monotonous.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Will, your always a man of few words.

So am I. LPA rocks. No complaints and I'm to damned lazy to write a giant paragraph.