[VIDEO] Wastelands World Premiere At KFMA Day 2014

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, May 25, 2014.

1. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Anyway, I listened to the song since it's the full thing, and not just a snippet. My opinion is this one...

Drums and guitar riffs are GROOVY as fuck! Actually, I have rarely seen a LP song that based on a groove, aside from WTCFM (I guess the comparisons were pertinent from that point)

The synth work is dope-ish too, I can't wait to hear the HQ version of this.

Structure is classic, but we already know the band will mix it up a bit in the record, as there are at least 2 more 5min+ songs, a 2min one, and 2 interludes which will probably not have that structure at all. ATS too had songs with classic structures.

2. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Oh, sure its an idiotic post.
    For me all Electronic music sounds the same, dubstep, techno whatever i dont like it.
    And i dont like ATS that much because it features heavy electronics.
    Better? Mr. Perfection

3. Arachnids

Arachnids The way out is through...

@Broman, You can't expect this song to sound hard hitting based on a recording from someone in the crowd. Even a truly hard hitting Metal track wouldn't sound hard hitting that way.

Tbh, We should all just shut up and wait for the studio version. Arguing over a live recording is ridiculous.

4. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Techno, in the terms of music sound, doesn't mean technology. Lol

5. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Well in the german language it does and since i am german.. Well it does

Do you know what Techno stands for?

6. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

The live Wasteland kinda reminds me of Qwerty, which was awesome. can't wait for the studio version.

7. marcleo

marcleo Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if it was with a Nokia

8. NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

Truly hard hitting metal songs sound hard hitting doesnt matter with what its recorded, just search for some whitechapel songs live
    But i see your point, and for Linkin Park songs youre definitely right

9. Qwerty19

Actually, after 3 listen, my opinion is now this -> :wub:

DAT groove seriously. So badass.

10. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

My thoughts on this song are based on the live performance and the 1 minute preview we have. They are close enough for me to know what I am listening to. Its not like A Light That Never Comes' live debut at Summer Sonic was nothing like the actual studio version, that goes the same for BURN IT DOWN's live debut at the House of Blues.

This is a good extended mix. https://soundcloud.com/linkinpark-pl/linkin-park-wastelands-211-mix

And I didn't say its not a hard hitting song, it definitely is, its just not as unique as expected.

11. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

So basically people are bitching about Wastelands based on a live version and a low quality preview?
    Great going!

And I DO NOT understand why some people keep saying the band has not lived up to what they said.

They said they were making "aggressive" songs that modern radio and "popular" rock music lacked. How are these songs not fitting that bill? They never mentioned they would make ground-breaking new songs. They always said that there are bands indeed making such songs but this time they themselves are channeling their early influences to make more aggressive new songs.

You've heard from so many early previews just how punk some of the newer songs sound which was the band channeling their influences.
    The fact that UIG is the softest song on the upcoming record(from 2 fan reviews) is proof that the band has stayed true to what they've said.

So then what are you guys complaining about? Do you see any song that sounds like Burn It Down? Cause from how so many are reacting, it's as if the band made another BID.

12. JamesLPA

JamesLPA The light on the horizon was brighter yesterday

Sorry it just seemed that many people were hating on the song, which I thought was ridiculous! So I hope I'm wrong and that people are viewing the song in a positive manner! ^_^

13. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Reminds me of WTCFM and that's a good thing.

14. JamesLPA

THIS! People need to wait for the album to drop first before they start bashing Linkin Park's new direction!

15. Qwerty19

Thinking more about it, the bitching about the bitching fuels the bitching vibe of this thread. If you take out all the posts bitching about the bitching (and that includes mines too), then there isn't that much negativity about the song. Xero21 made me realize that. So I guess we should just stop talking about it and focus on the song :)

16. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Forget crickets and cowbell. The songs need more bitching.

17. JamesLPA

I'm looking forward to hearing the full version of the song, I couldn't really hear what the track sounded like on the live version and obviously we can't judge the song on a one minute promo! :p

18. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Ugh... People complain about the Lyrics with Until It's Gone. With GATS people complained Mike wasn't in the rapping verse. Now this song is "nothing special"?

The song sounds badass from what I can hear, and there's a lot of trippy effects and bass/drumming going on in the background that will sound amazing on the official version.

However, I'm assuming the people that DID like are just keeping quiet. Since the internet is a pool of negative opinions and that's when people feel most inclined to reply.

19. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Yeah. I wasn't gonna comment but then the discussion went on for pages. So I thought I'd just say something too.

I'm excited for the new album. I've not kept any unreal expectation.
    Did you listen to Wastelands? Or are you still holding back for when the studio version comes out?

20. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Music fans are just as bad as gamers. They'll always find something to complain about.

I think the song sounds great.