VIDEO: Concert Visuals From The A Thousand Suns Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ghost Town

Ghost Town Member

Thanks for the comments! The visuals for Jornada were certainly a departure from the rest of the content from the show, but we felt since Jornada del Muerto is so historically significant that the imagery would need to stand out a bit. I'm glad it had the desired effect! That was a fun one.

As for the TV test patterns, we did indeed come up with that idea. Everyone has seen computer generated TV effects before though, so we decided to take it a step further and use real equipment to create the analog effects. We had a station set up at our office that was covered in stripped and dismantled VCRs, VHS camcorders, televisions, Ataris, and a bunch of old 80's technology that we broke down and rewired to make our own real effects. Everyone would run in there a couple times a day and play with the knobs and switches to see what kind of cool effects we could come up with. That was also a lot of fun.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

That's awesome! It's nice to see that you all had fun making the videos! Thank you for the reply and thank you for enriching my concert experience. :teehee: :D

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
    Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Man, Jornada had the BEST visuals! Lighting really helped that bit and I def felt like I was viewing a sunset. LOL

[​IMG]

--RS

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

That's like the only song i actually pay attention to the visuals because it paints such an image in your head when you think about the root of the song and the lighting gets turned down and the band as a whole standstill as the music rises. Besides that, i hardly pay any attention to the visuals simply because the band are more interesting to watch live than a screen.

Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

FAKKK i wanna see these so bad !!! Is there a visual for every ATS song ? :D

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

I am super excited to see these since Linkin Park haven't come/aren't coming to New Zealand, I can sit by myself at home, listening to the album and watching the visuals . . . alone :mellow:.
    Plus, I have heard great things and seen glimpses of it on LPTV and other live videos.

Pez

Pez Awesome Poster

Hey guys. I love The Reqium video with the triangular figure. So simple yet so good! Would you be releasing that with the others?

BluePhoenix

BluePhoenix New Member

I would like to know if there will be visuals for every song they played, some songs had processed live feed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.