VA Tech Shooting

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by palingenesis, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

@ androidkaita- I really don't know how he goes about comparing himself to Jesus, it just doesn't make sense to me. What do you think he meant by it..? I just don't see how he sees the comparison?

-EDIT-
    My computer was downloading the video slow, so i thought he only made that one reference at the beginning of the video, about bleeding on the cross, but I just read that part at the end about "inspiring" people? Wtf, killing 32 innocent is inspiring? That sickens me..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  2. androidkaita

androidkaita Well-Known Member

I know, I was just like... wow... when he said that. I think he horribly misinterpreted Jesus. I think that he means that Jesus was put to death for no reason, and he thinks that people are making fun of him for no reason, so its almost the same thing.

I think hes an idiot.

3. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's funny how other people have felt the same as Cho but because they coped with it differently they're geniuses. J.D. Sallinger wrote The Catcher In The Rye. Kurt Cobain went on smack, wrote a few good songs about his problems then shot himself, now apparently he's one of the greatest musicians of all time. I'm not trying to justify what Cho did and I can't make out that he's a talent on a par with those two (or Sallinger, anyway) having never known him, but he was a human being who chose the wrong way to deal with how he felt and needed help whatever the cause of his problems were.
    A couple of months ago I was on the brink. Call me a coward if you want, I just felt that my life had became one fuck-up after another and that if I didn't want to put up with it I didn't have to. I'd tried to tell people about how I'd felt but they'd just let it go in through one ear and out the other. What does this have to do with Cho? Well, even though I've never really been unpopular (but then again I've never been popular) there are a few people who I mutually hate with every ounce of my being and if I was, depending on how you look at it, brave enough, cowardly enough or unstable enough I would have wanted to take them down with me. Then I chose to tell three people what I'd actually been considering because I knew that if I'd tried to tell anyone else they'd just dismiss me as fishing for compliments or whatever, and the fact that I'd actually had people to talk to who weren't going to dismiss me made a hell of a difference. I'm not looking for attention by posting this, I'm just using it as an example of personal experience.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  4. Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

This was just another example on how unsafe is school...
    C'mon, things that pisses me off is that, yeah NOW it's when US government is paying attention in schools' regulations when they could have done long time ago.... but no, they didn't. Too busy in wars, waste of time.

Florida schools are freaking out. Now we are having lockdowns everyday. Students are not allowed to go anywhere if parents don't come and sign them up. Ed's classes have been cancelled and so gym. Now we have a shortcut for lunch and we are just allowed to eat fro 25 minutes when we had 40 minutes before. We don't have security guards anymore, but we have real policemen watching over all the schools hallways, including that my school is having policemen, -women, in the restroom's doors...

the association of parents have been seding lettlers to students' parents telling them to check on their children and to be aware when their children go to school, what they carry on their backpacks and other stuff.

5. Joeykat

Joeykat Forever watching...

Hmm this seems to be taking the phrase 'Better to be safe than sorry' a tad too far me thinks....

6. Fox

Yup, agreed with you...

Right now the South Korean government is getting things up with USA to make sure the Koreans don't get insulted and discriminated by Americans...

:mellow:

7. Joeykat

At this rate America might invade South Korea just like they did in Iraq.. And who will Bush Jnr drag down with him.. Good ol Blair of course :rolleyes:

Condolences again to everyone affected... And to make a point.. I am NOT an American hater.. Just not a fan of Bush Jnr or blair..

8. Fox

Same here... <3

9. Joeykat

Aww <3 I thinks me has made a fwiendling ^_^

10. Fox

Yay!

You are dam' right... :lol: <3

11. Joeykat

Disasters, whether man made or natural always bring people closer together in the end <3

12. Fox

Of course, dear ;) ...

Wow, my culture teacher's uncle teaches at VT... he's fine tho' but my culture teacher seemed to be really affected...

I wish I could do soemthing for all those family member who lost their children in VT...

<333

13. Joeykat

Everybody wishes that.. But we aren't super powerful.. yet

<333

14. Dean

I couldn't see anyone already mentioning this, but anyway, I wonder how long it'll be before Rockstar Games or any given band are being blamed for this if no one has done so already.

15. Joeykat

No no no.. EVERYTHING is blamed on video games or anything violent or gang related :rolleyes:

16. Fox

You're damn right on that one... :blink:

Myspace has been added to the list for "who to blame"...
    and of course, "violent friends"

17. Joeykat

*coughCHAVScough* :rolleyes:

Surprised Bebo or chatrooms or the playround haven't been added to the list... ;)

18. Fox

*sighs*.. They will but Myspace is always the 1st one..
    of course, AOL is being blamed too, since one of the AOL administartors used to be friends with Cho, and from the website they holded together, people were telling Cho to do something really bad, so there's where the whole thing started..

:mellow:

19. Dean

It's funny because violent films are meant to be more likely to provoke that kind of reaction but with them it's either a Scorsese or Tarantino flick (don't get me wrong, I love them) and it's art, or it's starring Vin Diesel and it's just mindless fun. It's easy to slag off games because most people think they start with Pong and Tetris and end with GTA and Manhunt with nothing in between.

Life On Mars is on what I like to call 'The List Of Things To Blame When Shit Goes Down' as well now, people must be more inherently stupid than I thought if they can't realise the irony in that programme.

20. Joeykat

Hmm yes blank stare.. Don't you just love it when the blame gets shifted all the time :rolleyes: