URGENT!!!!

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Justin V., Apr 30, 2005.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Nah, course not. :)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Actually I prefer IE over Firefox.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Have fun with those viruses taking advantage of all those holes in IE. :)

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Stop being a smartass, Tomi. :lol:

And I'm sure you're more lazy than I. :chemist:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

For the sake of informing... Firefox makes full use of CSS2, which, at this point, IE doesn't recognize. Microsoft believes this version of CSS to be flawed, so it doesn't support it. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter whether or not it is flawed, W3C Consortium officially supports it, and IE has a huge streak of NOT being W3C compliant, whether it be HTML4 or CSS2. They're gonna have to change soon lest browsers like Firefox and Opera gain more popularity.

It may be a lot more difficult to code for Firefox because a lot of the 'shurtcuts' and alternate coding that IE uses is easier, although not compliant to recent standards. One example is IE's use of
    Code:
    background-color: none;
    When in fact the correct syntax is:
    Code:
    background-color: transparent;
    It's harder to code for Firefox. But if you want to have correct code, it's necessarily.

And finally the most important reason that Firefox and IE render CSS differently is that Firefox is coded differently. It's just that simple.

So it isn't Firefox that messes up clean code, it's W3C in general. It's just that Firefox actually complies with these standards, and that is why the browser is recommended.

I know how you feel though. Coding cross-browsers = Bitch.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Thanks Minus, that's the answer I was looking for. :lol:

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

I just solved a similar problem.Formatting works

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

For the sake of informing... Firefox makes full use of CSS2, which, at this point, IE doesn't recognize. Microsoft believes this version of CSS to be flawed, so it doesn't support it. In my opinion, it doesn't really matter whether or not it is flawed, W3C Consortium officially supports it, and IE has a huge streak of NOT being W3C compliant, whether it be HTML4 or CSS2. They're gonna have to change soon lest browsers like Firefox and Opera gain more popularity.

It may be a lot more difficult to code for Firefox because a lot of the 'shurtcuts' and alternate coding that IE uses is easier, although not compliant to recent standards. One example is IE's use of
    Code:
    background-color: none;
    When in fact the correct syntax is:
    Code:
    background-color: transparent;
    It's harder to code for Firefox. But if you want to have correct code, it's necessarily.

And finally the most important reason that Firefox and IE render CSS differently is that Firefox is coded differently. It's just that simple.

So it isn't Firefox that messes up clean code, it's W3C in general. It's just that Firefox actually complies with these standards, and that is why the browser is recommended.

I know how you feel though. Coding cross-browsers = Bitch. [/b][/quote]
    *claps* There we go. :)