Transformers

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ShinodaTwin, May 16, 2011.

ShinodaTwin

ShinodaTwin Linkinland is the new Disneyland

Since the new Transformers is about to be released in July. Are you guys stoked to see it? Have you been a fan since the beginning? I thought the first one was really good. I've been a fan of the series.
    [video=youtube;kHRf01Gjosk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHRf01Gjosk[/video]

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Contrary to other people's opinions on the second film, I really enjoyed the series as a whole and I am looking forward to the next movie in the series. :D

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

It would be in my top 5 of all time if Megan Fox took her shirt off. Sadly, it's not even like top 1000 now. If you're going to cast her as eye candy, why not go all out?

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think the movies are terrible and should have never been made. Completely ruined the Transformers I remember from watching cartoons when I was a kid.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'll see the movie, but I can't say that I'm a fan of the series. I liked the first one to a small extent. Part two was just visual diarrhea! I just hope Bay learns something from all the criticism part two got and tries to tone down on his self-indulgence. However, from the trailer it doesn't look like he's learned much. Sam screaming "Optimus", the new lead chick moving in slow-mo... all the stuff that I find cringe-worthy are still there.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Wider audiences earns more money.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I thought both sucked and I'm pretty sure the last one will also suck. I only watch them for the CGI, the second one had ridiculously impressive CGI.

The best thing about this series is I got to see LP perform a short set for free at the Revenge of the Fallen premiere.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

The first one was the best one so far (it was even my favorite movie ever before Inception :lol:), but the second one was all right. Thankfully Michael Bay HAS apologized for ROTF and is even aiming for DOTM to be dark and serious, so this really got me hyped up yet again. Too hyped. :D

And "Iridescent". Nuff said. :awesome:

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Loved both movies and am stoked for this one.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I never understood the hate for this movies. Transformers is supposed to be about giant robots beating the shit out of each other, and the movies provided just that IN SPADES.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I'm really disappointed that Megan Fox is not going to be in there. Linkin Park is the only reason I'm even waiting for it.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

FTFY.

Also, this is why I hated it.

[youtube]JEdZ-yjxHLI[/youtube]
    Empty Spaces

Agent

Is that all you want as an audience though? I know I don't. I think people have lowered their expectations to the point where ALL they want is "giant robots fighting". I want some good characters that I can latch on to, a good story etc besides that. What Bay's been giving so far is a slew of badly written characters, unnecessarily convoluted plot lines and cliched direction. And honestly, half the time I can't even tell wtf goes on during the action sequences... most of the time it looks like a blur of metal crashing into each other.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

What seems like a pile of scrap metal crashing into each other in nearly every fight scene is forgivable, but the sheer stupidity amongst the decisions made by the characters during the course of each film is ridiculous.

That aside, I enjoyed the first film for it's presentation and pacing. The second film is an utterly convoluted mess.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I didn't say it's all I want in a movie. I enjoy a well written and directed movie as much as anyone. But this is a movie about giant robots that turn into cars and jets, I'm not expecting Oscar material there.

Agent

Neither am I. It's not like our only two options are these extremes... "dumb action" and "Oscar material". A LOT can be done in the middle-ground and that's what these movies should be aiming for, imo.

Benjamin

So am I the only one that thinks Shia Labeouf does a great job in these movies? I find his character enjoyable and someone I can "latch on too." I also think John Turturro (the italian dude) is pretty decent.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Nope, you're not alone! Shia does a spectacular job as Sam, since I can relate to most of his problems (minus Transformers) and he's just fun to watch when he's in his element. John Turturro was great; going from the badass Sector 7 Agent to all of a sudden a lowly meat butcher is hard to pull off, but Turturro made it seamless in my opinion. Plus his chemistry with Leo (Ramon Rodriguez) is great too. Anytime those two are on the screen it's one of my favorite parts of the movie (just needs better screenwriting and script. I'm looking at you Ehren Kruger.).

And from what I read from the AICN site excerpts (not reading the whole thing until AFTER the movie), Rosie Huntington-Whitely is a miles better actress than Megan Fox, so hopefully they're right.

Benjamin

That was very well done, lol. I can't deny that. It exposed every plot hole in the movie.

But it's still being too damn picky. Sometimes you just have to use a little imagination to fill in the "plot holes." Maybe the shard thing that Megan Fox wasn't big enough to work on Optimus. Or maybe since he was a prime it wouldn't work.

And also regarding towards the end where Sam walked by foot to get to Optimus, can't people consider the fact that driving in some large ass car would make you much more noticeable opposed to going on foot?

Agent

I don't think Shia is a bad actor by any stretch. But again, it's the way his character, and others, are written that ruins it for me. They are always so over the top and hectic that I find it exhausting to keep up with them. This is a good indicator of what is wrong with the writing of these movies. And these little "conflicts" (like Sam and Mikaela's relationship BS) the writers inject to these already underdeveloped characters is what make it worse.