This Linkin Park 'Heavy' Rehearsal Is So Good It Deserves A Thread

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

You're so right man. i'd go so far and say i'll take a FULL POP LINKIN PARK album anyday rather than something like the first half of LT.

RapidGunner, Iopia and Deliveranze like this.
  2. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Bro, I remember I though it was the best thing LP has ever done when I first bought it, and then less than a week later, the album stopped being played. :lol:

Living Things in general lacked any identity. It was the band making music for the sake of making music.

Sasuke likes this.
  3. orbanbalint

orbanbalint New Member

I don't know why some people are so upset about the band working with outsiders? Why are some quoting James Hatfield? A lot of great rock and metal bands work with outsiders. Bon Jovi does it since the inception of the band, Scandinavian metal bands do it on almost every album. Elvis rarely wrote a song by himself, and he's still the king of rock n roll.
    Lately I've been listening to a lot of Queen and I must say, those guys were geniuses! I mean, they did everything from hard rock, to progressive rock, disco, pop and so on, but nobody was bitching about it and saying "that is not the real Queen, or Queen is dead". Why is that when a pop artist does rock it's okay (like David Bowie or Prince) but when a rock artist does pop everybody loses their minds?
    I like Heavy. No, that's not true. I love Heavy and I'm waiting impatiently for the new album to come out.
    Offtopic: this is was my first post, I've been following this site since... maybe 2003?

4. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Why yes I do :shinado:

5. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Don't worry, this thread is in full circlejerk mode. I don't agree with you, but it's stupid that people are acting like having a fair opinion like yours (which isn't even asking for nu metal, but people see what they want to see...) is the same as screaming for gitarzzzz at the top of your lungs.

I agree, although to be honest, this is also how I feel about Heavy (which makes the nu metal fans hating on the song seem even more ridiculous).

:rofl:

You bought Hybrid Theory because you wanted to own the songs on that album. That's fine. But saying that just because you bought Hybrid Theory, the band shouldn't get annoyed at people who constantly tell them to give them another one is like me going into Starbucks and expecting to not get laughed at when I repeatedly keep trying to order the limited edition coffee that they haven't made in over 15 years. You made a purchase, they made money from it, and that's the end of that transaction. Just because you bought a product 20 years ago doesn't mean you can expect to buy the same product 20 years down the line.

Totally agree. A lot of hard rock fans have a stigma against anything that doesn't have heavy guitars. It's really annoying, especially when Hybrid Theory and Meteora aren't exactly complicated albums.

Oh, and welcome!

minuteforce and Forfeit to Break like this.
  6. ciao_fiv

ciao_fiv We Are Still Humanz

I really hate seeing people call lyrics "uninspired." You aren't in the minds of the band. You don't know what inspired them or not. You wouldn't call a small child's terrible stick figure drawing "uninspired." They were inspired by something, they expressed their inspiration, they're proud of it. Why try to put them down just because you don't like it?

Abel, Kilmer, Halfway Dwight and 2 others like this.
  7. Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

At this point I'm curious to see what would happen if "One More Light" is a full pop album. Can you imagine how burning the world would be?

8. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

To be fair, I totally would if it sucked. But I'm an asshole.

ciao_fiv likes this.
  9. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Maddox, is that you?

10. ciao_fiv

Do people really say "fuck pop" and then go on to say they like twenty one pilots? I love twenty one pilots, but come on. They're a pop duo. Wtf.

11. Minus

I'm the best LP fan in the Universe.

People who say "fuck pop" haven't reveled in the perfectly crafted glory that is Carly Rae Jepsen's Emotion.

12. ciao_fiv

Is it that good? I've only heard her song Call Me Maybe and I absolutely hate it. Should I listen to Emotion?

13. Derek

And again, anyone who hates pop...hasn't heard the genius that is Michael Jackson's discography. He's the "King of Pop" and yet he experimented with Disco, Funk, Pop Rock, Rock, R&B, Soul, New Jack Swing, Hard Rock, Hip-Hop...the list goes on.

Point is, just because an artist is known for one genre (MJ - Pop, Linkin Park - rock) doesn't mean they have to spend the rest of their careers being under that umbrella. Real artists take risks and do things that nobody expected. I don't care if people claim this song is 'uninspired' or 'not risky', the point is...making a song that's in a genre completely out of your usual toolbox, at risk of pissing off and alienating a big part of your fanbase IS a risk. I'd rather have a full pop Linkin Park record than THP Part 2. Staying rock, or repeating THP is them doing something they've already done before. Boring. Gimme a Linkin Park I never expected (like Heavy).

Dusty, Breno9712, Abel and 7 others like this.
  14. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

100% agree. Plus, the last record was enough to satisfy hard rock fans, now we need a soft record before they think about expanding and going back to that heavier territory. The complete 180 shifts always create the stronger LP albums.

15. Minus

Yes. It's honest to God amazing pop.

RapidGunner likes this.
  16. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Earth Song.

I hope we get some tracks that sound like It Goes Through, though. The songs from MALL are great.

ciao_fiv and Sasuke like this.
  17. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Looks up Dangerkids if you want that. Basically a metalcore version of early Linkin Park

Gravity_LP likes this.
  18. Derek

So so good. When the climax of that song hits? Easily some of his best work.

19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Name me another artist who releases yearly demo CDs for their fans, I'll wait.

If they didn't care, they wouldn't do that.

And that is just one example.
    While I agree with your overall point, you lost me here. Disturbed isn't Nu-Metal anymore and is JUST as relevant and huge as they have always been

minuteforce and Bane like this.
  20. Derek

One of Disturbed's biggest hits recently is a stripped down (and AMAZING) cover of The Sounds of Silence, a track as far away from their nu-metal roots as possible.