The Worst Album of 2005

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Friskey™, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Cale.

Cale. Banned

Candy Shop is the worst excuse for a song I have ever heard. Its just him talking to a crappy beat made with a computer. Pathetic that it can make him rich. He deserves none of it.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

It's a good club song.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Adema - Planets. The new guy ruined the name "Adema." Nuff said.

(hed) p.e. - Only in Amerika. I was looking forward to this album, I loved Broke and Blackout, and they put on an awesome show when I saw them live a couple years ago. But this album was a huge dissapointment. The lyrics really had no meaning, just a random string of curse words. When compared to their first 2 albums, its obvious they didn't put as much work into it.

Unwritten Law - Here's to the Mourning. I haven't heard anything besides the single, but if the rest of the album is the same, its the same pop/punk/emo/whateveryouwanttocallit crap that so many other bands have done. A huge letdown compared to Elva.

And any rap album that came out about hoes, bitches and 26 inch chrome spinners on a caddy can also be listed as the worst album of 2005

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Candy Shop is the worst excuse for a song I have ever heard. Its just him talking to a crappy beat made with a computer. Pathetic that it can make him rich. He deserves none of it. [/b][/quote]
    If a man can figure out a way to talk to a computer and make millions, he deserves all the credit he gets. Hoes and bitches till the end man!

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Candy Shop is the worst excuse for a song I have ever heard. Its just him talking to a crappy beat made with a computer. Pathetic that it can make him rich. He deserves none of it. [/b][/quote]
    Don't be a hater.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

LMFAO@ you making fun of Scott Storch production. Candy Shop has to be one of the hottest club beats released this year.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

That's a point of a single, bud.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

LMFAO@ you making fun of Scott Storch production. Candy Shop has to be one of the hottest club beats released this year. [/b][/quote]
    whatever. It probably took 2 minutes in Acid to come up with that beat. No talent involved, the lyrics are awful.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

whatever. It probably took 2 minutes in Acid to come up with that beat. No talent involved, the lyrics are awful. [/b][/quote]
    I'm sorry it had to come to this but you're an idiot. Thats like saying that a certain rock songs sucks because all they did was play around on the guitar and add a drum patter? :rolleyes: Plus You can't even do beats with acid, acid is just to put the loops together and such. I'm a producer myself and i know the work that goes into making a beat. And trust me, this beat is very well done.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I'm sorry it had to come to this but you're an idiot. Thats like saying that a certain rock songs sucks because all they did was play around on the guitar and add a drum patter? :rolleyes: Plus You can't even do beats with acid, acid is just to put the loops together and such. I'm a producer myself and i know the work that goes into making a beat. And trust me, this beat is very well done. [/b][/quote]
    Playing guitar actually requires skill on the most part. Playing around with a program until you get a catchy beat does not. And even if its hard to come up with it still doesn't change the fact its a poor song. If 50 himself had made that beat it could have passed but the fact he doesn't just makes it worse. His lyrics (please tell me he writes them) are awful.

I take you to the candy shop
    I'll let you lick the lollypop
    Go 'head girl, don't you stop
    Keep goin 'til you hit the spot (whoa)

What the hell is that. The song could hardly be classified as rap anyway. He just talks it. Hardly even fast enough to be rap. His voice is just repulsive, the lyrics in the verse are even worse. There are great rappers out their, but 50 Cent is not one of them. Eminem should be shot for signing such a phony artist.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Playing guitar actually requires skill on the most part. Playing around with a program until you get a catchy beat does not. And even if its hard to come up with it still doesn't change the fact its a poor song. If 50 himself had made that beat it could have passed but the fact he doesn't just makes it worse. His lyrics (please tell me he writes them) are awful.

I take you to the candy shop
    I'll let you lick the lollypop
    Go 'head girl, don't you stop
    Keep goin 'til you hit the spot (whoa)

What the hell is that. The song could hardly be classified as rap anyway. He just talks it. Hardly even fast enough to be rap. His voice is just repulsive, the lyrics in the verse are even worse. There are great rappers out their, but 50 Cent is not one of them. Eminem should be shot for signing such a phony artist. [/b][/quote]
    Rap doesn't have to be fast.

Another vague assumption.

I agree though, the beats are tight. Sure, I've heard better, but in its own right, the album is good for beats.

But 50 Cent... he just doesn't appeal to me. His tone, his flow, everything. Seriously, his lyrics just don't seem like they were thought about.

And... if you're so great Skywalker, let's hear YOU make beats.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

if i becane a custom to whatever the hell they use to come up with those beats then i probably could come up with one. But the songs that I write don't usually contain computerised sounds such as these beats.

Minus

Hey, lay off the computerized beats.

NIN uses computerized beats, using an example not in the Hip-Hop world.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

i never once said they were bad. I said they didn't take a whole lot of skill to come up with such as a guitar solo and what not.

Minus

I personally can write guitar solos and songs on the piano in general easier than making computerized beats.

But that's just me.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I personally can write guitar solos and songs on the piano in general easier than making computerized beats.

But that's just me. [/b][/quote]
    yes but were they any good :lol:

Just teasing. But writing a guitar solo is probably the easiest part. You have to have the talent to be able to play it whereas a computerised beat that you see in a 50 cent song for example, just comes over the P.A system.

Minus

Just teasing. But writing a guitar solo is probably the easiest part. You have to have the talent to be able to play it whereas a computerised beat that you see in a 50 cent song for example, just comes over the P.A system. [/b][/quote]
    The challenge comes in being able to have enough going on in the beat that it's not boring, and on the polar opposite end, not too confusing that most people don't know what's going on.

A good beat always has a constant flow and changes with the flow. There's always the hook of the beat that must keep the listener's attention, much like with guitars.

And, using the NIN example again, knowing where to put the synth beat etc. is also challenging when writing a song.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Just teasing. But writing a guitar solo is probably the easiest part. You have to have the talent to be able to play it whereas a computerised beat that you see in a 50 cent song for example, just comes over the P.A system. [/b][/quote]
    Dude i'm going to be frank like I usually am and just say that I don't like you. Ever since my E-Unit post where you just become the average internet nazi and disagree with everything, when things were a joke to begin with.

Go into Acid, make a beat, talk to it, and make millions like Fifty, then you can come back to these forums and maybe you'll have some backing to your opinions. Until then, I suggest you limit your typing to this topic, because you sound like a child.

Moving on, has anyone heard Sum 41's new album? Was that any good? Did it even come out in 05? Or was it 04? I'm not sure, but I didn't hear great things about it, just curious.

Lpimp

Lpimp Extremely H! Vltg3

i think the upcoming album of the backstreetboys :x will be the worst album of the year

IMO

elie

elie Well-Known Member

haha they're back together?! I loved boybands forreal. We're seriously lacking in that department now-a-days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.