The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by hawk, Oct 15, 2012.

1. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Because people thought it would be the 4A finale.

I've got enough evidence, without actual spoilers, to know ill be satisfied with Rick's story.

Can't speak for Terminus though. Assuming that'll be mostly for 5A?

2. The Emptiness Machine

The Emptiness Machine Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I wasn't even trying to imply the finale was going to be bad, mate. Just that always expect the worse so you're more pleased later. :)

I know stuff too. :)

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Glen Mazzara said Frank Darabont planned Shane to die by the end of season 2. That's why he called Jon Bernthal up for Mob City in advance. Sadly, Mob City was cancelled after one season.

EDIT: @Jesse Saw a recap of the finale. What the actual hell. It's gonna divide people, whether they love it or hate it. A lot of wtfs in the comments though.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  4. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Great episode, but so damn anti-climatic. There was such tension in the box car, then BAM! Season ends. This episode would have been so much better had their been less commercials, and the flashbacks were cut entirely, and added more material. I got the point of the flashbacks, but there were relatively unnecessary.

5. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

At least it wasn't nearly as bad as the Season 3 finale.

6. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Hory shet. Definitely pumped since the first season.

7. jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Pretty good episode but didn't really live up to what I was expecting. Besides the scene with the mauraders they didn't go as "brutal" as they were hyping. The flashbacks also kind of killed a lot of the tension and I really wanted to see what happened to Beth.

8. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

What we got was good, but we didn't get enough.
    What happend to Beth? Where's Tyrese and Carol?
    Isn't the season ender supposed to answer these kinds of questions? All we got now was "they're messing with the wrong people" to keep us hyped... till October!

9. lime treacle

lime treacle Über Member Über Member

My thoughts on the episode:

• The sequence with Joe and his group was splendid and a really did a great job implementing some more comic material to the show.
    • What a fuck up at Terminus.
    • What's with all the flashbacks? If those weren't fillers, I don't know what they were. I didn't see the point of them at all.
    • Not as good as the Season 1 and 2 finales, but much better than Welcome to the Tombs :)rolleyes:).
    • The premiere of Season 5 is gonna be nuts.
    • I am pleased overall.

10. ernieball003

I like the flashbacks mixed in with current events. It's a nice bit of juxtaposition that is something different for the show. Also loved the bit of dark humor at the Terminus check-in. Not surprised to see these kinds of things in a Michelle MacLaren episode.

I had high hopes for the comic material for the episode, and I wasn't let down. And I'm really glad most of Rick disemboweling the guy was off screen. It'd have been really easy for them to go all special effectsy with all that, but nope. Just some off-screen sound effects a shot of Carl recreating a comic panel.

Enjoyed the episode. Is the cliffhanger annoying? Yeah. But I've got the end of All Out War and the fallout, Game of Thrones, the start of football season, that Linkin Park thing, and all that fun real life stuff to keep me occupied until October.

EDIT: The one thing that annoyed me though. The Terminus standoff. Carl, man. What the fuck are you doing pointing at your gun at people without your finger on the trigger? Stupid error, or an outward showing of Carl, at this point after seeing his father go Dracula on one guy and play Operation another, being someone that can't bring himself to shoot?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  11. The Emptiness Machine

The Emptiness Machine Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Some of the flashbacks were new, weren't they? We knew Rick took Carl's gun away but we never saw that happen until now.
    We knew Hershel talked Rick into it but we never saw that happen until now.
    Some flashbacks were extended versions of older scenes.

Anyway, all in all this felt like a penultimate episode and not a finale. it was really really good but i'm taking away 3 points because of that.

To be honest, it feels like maybe they messed up an episode and had to piece one together earlier. It just seems like Beth was supposed to die this season and something went wrong during filming, especially since Maggie never mentions Beth. At all. She'd not mention her if she were dead. hmm... /rambling.

12. The Joesen One

It was a satisfying finale for me, but the ending made me want to flip my table over. Which is good.

13. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I really liked the episode. It doesn't look like a finale though. It would be better if the episode was longer or if we had another episode before the end of the season.

But, overall I think it was a good ending.

Looking forward to see what is going to happen in the 5th season.

I am pretty excited for the 5th season premiere. That will surely be a great episode I believe.

14. ernieball003

It's nice to be in a position where I can say I know where it goes, yet I have no idea whatsoever how it gets there.

15. The Joesen One

Michael Cudlitz (Abraham), Josh McDermitt (Eugene), Christian Serratos (Rosita), Alanna Masterson (Tara) and Andrew J. West (Gareth) have been promoted to series regulars next season.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-season-5-andrew-692170

Pretty curious what they'll do with Gareth, since he's the leader of Terminus. Scott Gimple even said he won't be the main villain of season 5.

16. ernieball003

A speech = some shit's about to go down soon.

It'll be interesting to see this whole arc come to a close.

EDIT: I was too busy going OMG that was great to notice the first time around but... Rick cut Negan's throat, the same thing Negan called for Rick to do after he beat in Glenn. And.. he did it with the mucked knife that was found in 124. So, no matter what goes down in 126, Negan is fucking done. Until TV, but without the fucks. Who ever thought fuck would bring so much to a character?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  17. The Joesen One

So Charlie Adlard's coming to a local bookstore for a meet-and-greet and Q&A. And guess who's planning on going. :>

18. ernieball003

I'm going to miss bi-monthly issues...

Now it's just monthly issues. :isee:

19. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

honestly im just waiting for the show to start swearing a lot, which will never happen

and then we can have a /good/ version of negan (which will never happen)

edit: i just finished issue 126

i have extremely conflicted emotions but damn i think the story can now be brought to some really interesting, more positive places, finally

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  20. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just got around to completing the second half of Season 4. Some very unexpected moments and character developments just when my interest waned a little after the uneven first chunk to season 4. With that said, I cannot wait for Season 5. Haven't been this stoked since Season 1 ended.

Also, Rick fuckin' Grimes man.