The "R.I.P. OiNK" Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by 2xPutt, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

:lol: I've known about OiNK for over a year and no one on here talks about it because we aren't allowed to give away sites to get free music on here. It's against the rules.

Trust me, OiNK was a well-known site. There were people all over message boards asking for invites and shit. It wasn't top secret.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

OiNK was WELL known in the torrent community. There was no Wikipedia article because we didn't want one, and made sure there wasn't one -- not because we weren't that popular. Either way, there wasn't really anything notable about OiNK, aside from being the top music community, but that's better left unsaid due to legalities.

Since Joe already mentioned it, Waffles is hard to get into immediately. The email queue for the users who sent in OiNK proof is rather long, apparently - could take up to a week. Waffles and ?CD* both look like they're the top OiNK successors, although I honestly wonder how things will turn out with two "major" sites. But this only proves the hydra, and that the IFPI REALLY shot themselves in the foot. Not only did they fail to stop anything, but now those people who didn't even know OiNK existed know about it, and probably got curious, if you know what I mean.

* if you know what i'm referring to, do NOT mention it by it's name here, or anywhere.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If I'm a previous OiNK user, am I given access to Waffles?

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

I finally JUST read that article and all I have to say is Trent Reznor is fucking GOD! I know people have been saying it from the beginning, but with his comments about OiNK and his account there and his "donation" to radiohead, he deserves the biggest fucking bow down ever. :lol:

yes and no. they were accepting people's screenshots of their ratio/profile or their original confirmation e-mail or screenshots of their paypal donation to OiNK to tell you were an actual OiNK member; but it creeps me out. I'm gonna wait a couple months to see if this is legit and not some big scam to get ex-OiNKers to "fess up" to some feds who may be running waffles :lol:

Chris.

Wow, I never thought of it like that. Good thing I don't have proof of my OiNK account :lol:

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

My friend sent his in. I hope he didn't make a mistake. :lol:

And yeah, I guess OiNK was well-known. I take that back. I just kind of prefer more secrecy about it. I don't know why.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Okay, if you seriously think that the feds are running Waffles, you need to call your ISP and cancel your internet subscription. Following that, take the nearest sledgehammer in the vicinity and whack the shit out of your computer. Take what's left of the computer and go to the top of the tallest building you can find, and drop your computer off of it. When you're done that, ask for the nice big men to put you in one of those cool white straitjackets and throw you into the big padded white rooms.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Chris.

Aw. The piggy is sad.

:lol:

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

can someone invite me to waffles.fm please? :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yeah, because asking for invites to illegal torrent sites is totally something that's not against the rules.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I knew this was coming. *closes for safe measure*

Edit: We may open this up later on, but for our sake, please do not mention sites by name, or ask for invites. This is strictly a discussion of OiNK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.