The New, Improved and Official Local Band Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Nov 1, 2005.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I've got no idea what happened to the other thread for local bands, so we're going to make this the new, improved and official local band thread. The idea of the thread is simple: post links to your favorite local bands, their music and give a little information on them. You can also use this thread to post updates on the bands that you've posted about.

Falls Beneath [ MySpace ]
    Falls Beneath is a four-piece-turned-five-piece from the Geneva, Ohio-area in Northeast Ohio. Featuring Scott Vignal on bass, Dave Branham on rhythm guitar, Shawn Meehan on drums and J.J. Pawlowski on lead guitar and vocals, the band recently recruited former Caden vocalist/guitarist Andrew Oliver to take over the position as the band's frontman, allowing J.J. to concentrate on guitar. The band's sound has been reformed, and they'll sound more like Saosin now that Andrew's on lead vocals. However, screaming will still remain prominent in Falls Beneath's songs. On their MySpace, you can listen to the songs "Torn From You," "Aurora's Last Descent" and "The Ghost of Perfection," which are all available on the band's EP Hope All is Well. (These songs don't feature Andrew on vocals; the singing that you hear is either J.J. on some tracks and Dave on others, like "Aurora's Last Descent.") If you want a copy of the EP, just send them a message on MySpace and they'll send one out to you; however, they're $10. If you're fortunate enough to catch one of their shows around the Cleveland area, you'll know that they can rip it up like no tomorrow. J.J.'s guitar solos obliterate anything that most local bands can perform. They've got an almost-cult following around the Northeast Ohio area, giving them one of the largest fanbases in the area.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

None of these bands are exactly local, but they're close to my town. The Brothers Bentley played in my town, and I went to school with one of the brothers, Matt Bentley (red headed one).

10 Years
    The Brothers Bentley
    Alert The Sky

ATS don't have any songs up at the moment, so yeah.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Sadly we have about 26,135 more Hawthorne Heights clones, seeing as how they came from Dayton.

But other than that, two that really stand out as being good are:

Edgar*Derby & Orange Willard.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

There haven't been any good bands to come out of St. Louis, except the Urge and Gravity Kills, both of whom I believe broke up.

InkedInBlood

InkedInBlood Member

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

To Slay Zombie Newton. Geek rock from Eau Claire, Wisconsin, and I know most of the band members personally. Give them some love and get them started right.

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

Aberrance
    From the Minneapolis / St. Paul area. Listen to "Karma Kills" One of my favorite songs of all time.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Bella Morte They describe it as: Fans of the following will likely dig Bella Morte: AFI, Linkin Park, Faith No More, Danzig, The Misfits, The Faint, Lacuna Coil, The Last Dance, Evanescense, The Cruxshadows, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, Switchblade Symphony, Type O Negative, HIM, Joy Division, Smashing Pumpkins...
    Lyndie says: Not bad, but not really my thing...

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The only lesser-known Birmingham/West Bromwich/Solihull bands I can think of are The Editors and The Fight... well, I could cheat and say Duran Duran, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath... :teehee:

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

they are amazing! i love their new album and i've seen them live twice. really good ^_^

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

I went to school with the guitarist from a local Grindcore/metal band, Age of Suffering.
    Listen to a few of their songs at Age of Suffering's My space or their Homepage.
    They should have an EP out by early next year, at latest.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

they are amazing! i love their new album and i've seen them live twice. really good ^_^ [/b][/quote]
    They're pretty good from what I've heard.

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Sharp Teeth - For those of you who enjoy folk, punk, and indie rock.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

GAZEEBOW UNIT!

This is a local group of rappers, who live in a more shitty part of my town. They made up these songs to make fun of "Skeets" (Here's more or less a description of a "skeet".) They have some of the funiest fucking songs I've ever heard.

Secondly, don't assume that all Newfoundlanders are like this. We aren't, just the skeets.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Ya the whole local scene around Dayton now is full of Hawthorne Heights clones but there is a good screamo band named Finding Windemere (www.purevolume.com/findingwindemere) and a good alternative rock band named Bonneville.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Remind me to never go to Dayton :whistle:

boojitsu

boojitsu Well-Known Member

uh... self promotion, but whatever:

BOOJITSU21
    http://www.myspace.com/boojitsu21
    I wrote and recorded and arranged all lyrics, vocals, and instruments on the tracks. I made 11 songs and currently have 3 collab's planned for release during December / January area. Also, i have 2 soundtracks for independent films in the works, but those are more of a "wait-and-see" thing. Also, i am performing at a venue in Campbell, California with my old high-school buddies and we're performing 5 tracks off my Boojitsu21 stuff, 2 instrumentals, and one new song i wrote. Enjoi!

-Boojitsu21

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Ya the whole local scene around Dayton now is full of Hawthorne Heights clones but there is a good screamo band named Finding Windemere (www.purevolume.com/findingwindemere) and a good alternative rock band named Bonneville. [/b][/quote]
    Oh yes, I forgot Bonneville. I'm not all that big of a fan of Finding Windermere though.

I also forgot Shards of Winters Past.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I forgot Bonneville. I'm not all that big of a fan of Finding Windermere though.

I also forgot Shards of Winters Past. [/b][/quote]
    Theres a teen club around Dayton called the Attic and its so hard to book a show there for my band because of all the Hawthorne Heights clones and I'm getting sick of it. I'm not that big of a fan of Finding Windemere but they beat the other screamo bands.