The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Robot Boy is like fine wine. That track sucked at first for me. Was just one big interlude but now its up there. Still, it isn't so good on it's own, but that's okay, it has it's place.

2. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Active Member

The whole album has a flow like fine wine.

3. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

For some reason when I listen to Robot Boy I think of the Backstreet Boys lol. It just prevents me from appreciating the song.

4. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

Does anyone want to join my "Empty Spaces" club?

5. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Crazy. Do you also think of fish while you're eating strawberries?

sidenote: Lack of news in the LP world in last couple of days. - Hopefully sonn we'll hear about the "super cool" (more than viral) promotion thingy for LIVING THINGS.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  6. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Yeah! I'll never forget the day I saw that 0:18. My most anticipated song up to that point!

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Are there any, uh, empty spaces? ;P

8. ZoeLinkingal

ZoeLinkingal The Unforgiving

Agreed. However, I am done debating about the lyrics with her because it seems she always comes off as sarcastic/joke tone, how can I have a proper discussion like that? She seem to think she is right in all aspects and when others tried to discuss and give their opinions, she just gives a joke tone to us.

It's interesting how "We fake what we don't know" is better than "The problems have two faces".

I regret helping her on another thread because I understand now why the person felt angry when talking to her.

I think the meaning is this:

The Sun is supposed to be the light that brings the day (e.g. a new beginning) But when night falls (e.g. Paranoia comes back), the Sun also must goes down and thus, it feels as if even the Sun is betraying said person.

Another explanation is, no offense, there will be this day where one's mother will pass on and one might feel she is leaving said person alone on this world, like betraying.

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Read on its own, "I feel the light betray me" can also refer to an entirely separate "light" that betrays by shining. :) But, yes, I think the whole song explores a sense of tension, paranoia and vulnerability

Anyway, this discussion about lyrics involves too many points which are entirely subjective and, therefore, m00t.

10. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Completely missing the point, and being disrespectful, and rude. When on earth did I say lyrics were better or worse? All I said was they were more emo/angsty. Am I wrong in my personal opinion? Have you even debated my personal opinion other than trying to give excuses for the lyrics? I'm not saying they don't have excuses. I'm saying what they are in my eyes-- giving an opinion. Excuses at this point are just a chewbacca defence. Or are you just flamebaiting, and putting words in my mouth? With sentences like "I regret helping her on another thread because I understand now why the person felt angry when talking to her.", I would presume you totally are flamebaiting, and if your next post isn't more respectful, I'm probably just going to ignore it. And on the joke/sarcasm thing? I make my posts like that because they're NOT supposed to be taken seriously. I joke around. If you've got a problem with that, then... *Sigh*

:facepalm:

Please read my rebuttal to Derek's post.

Can you please. Please not take every. Goddamn. Comment. So. Seriously. All I said was my opinion, and you blow it up into this. I mean, seriously, This is not, nor should it be, a forum war.

Can't a girl state her opinions without being flamed? I can understand tensions are high with a new album on the front, but please, don't lash out at other members.

11. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

:huh:

Turns around and walks out of the thread.

12. wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg

13. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*snickers* The only thing I will say about LP is this: They're the only band I adore with each and every album they made so this one I will love!even if they never come to my state *grumbles*

14. Elaine

Heh, I totally feel for ya. I missed out back in '07 when they came to my country, but they skipped us during the ATS tour. '_'

15. There's been way too much tension and arguing (BAD Arguing) on LPA lately. Let's respect other people's opinions, even though some of them may seem rediculous by our thoughts.

Seriously.

16. Elaine

Ridiculous* /Grammar-SpellingNazi :p

But seriously, I agree completely. And may have in fact been a part of said bad arguing, for which I apologise.

17. Vdalem

:p Fussing is part of our thoughts. We can't be happy all of the time. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm busy catching the ESPN commercial that shows "Burn it Down".

18. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Mike and Mike?

19. Vdalem

Yep. *chuckles*

20. Elaine

Mike and Nike?

Sorry, couldn't resist. The pun was too delicious. :awesome:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.