The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I bet you when we get a high quality live version of this song, I will listen to it much...much more than this one. As Kaeton said, like a Bleed it Out!

2. love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

Haha! That will be interesting to see!
    Oh btw, I was at the Epicenter 09 show too! AMAZING :D

3. Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

This is an epic song.... musically it might be their best... but I think they could have done more with the vocals to make it more interesting. The best vocal part is the "Lift me up, let me go" part but the rest of it is just kind of meh... But other than the vocals this is an outstanding song... and Chester never disappoints so I think this will be a great album if the overall sound is along these lones

If the rest of the album is anything like this instrumentally, it will be one of the best albums I've ever heard.

4. Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

Okay, so I must admit that the full song is better than what we heard on MOH. There's also the fact that I've heard this song at least 25ish times since the MOH trailer released. So I have warmed up to it. At this point I feel as though I have a block on a lot of the drum-machine because I focus more on the bass/guitar bits now. With that said: This is still far from a song I love. It just doesn't resonate with me. I feel it's lacking a lot of raw power due to all the effects being used from drum-machine, eletronica influence and voice effects. I am a fan of simple things being used to create dynamics naturally...this song feels as though it's attempting to force those dynamics. It has a lot of potential and doesn't really turn me off the album. I'd give this song around a 6.5/10 after about 10 listens to the official version.

Furthermore: I am about 90% sure that Linkin Park has gone on record saying that they do not pick their singles. I have not heard any information that has said this has changed over the years. That in mind, this song doesn't necessarily represent everything this album does as much as it appeases what WB would like to present to people. Things like Gaga are popular right now, and she is electronic-heavy and repetitious, so them picking this song doesn't say TOO much about the album as a whole. Much like One Step Closer was chosen as it was easily the "catchiest" and one of the hardest songs on HT, Somewhere I Belong was chosen to replicate In the End success and What I've Done was picked because it was the easiest to swallow. So I'll wait for more stuff to come from the album instead of making initial guesses based on this song.

5. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

ahaha then I'll just wait :p

6. thor

thor Well-Known Member

i think with the catalyst their trying to show us the experimenting side where there isnt much lyrics so we can focus on the change in sound

7. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I have this shit on repeat. Complete 180 opinion-wise after listening to it in its entirety. Wow. I really love this. Definitely one of their best, and I am not just saying that. It truly is. I cannot wait for this album anymore. Welcome back, Mr. Hahn. This song makes me go
    [​IMG]

Oh, and PHOENIX REPLIED TO MY TWEET. YAY. http://twitter.com/phoenixlp

I love Linkin Park.

8. chsirish73

chsirish73 New Member

Agreed. What I've Done made me the least excited I've ever been for a Linkin Park album. There's so much going on in The Catalyst. It's great.

9. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

great song, I'm definitely enjoying this. The first time through I listened on my laptop, and then now I've listened to it through headphones. COMPLETELY different experience, you guys are correct. The bass in this song is really catchy and unique. Way to go LP, cant wait for ATS!

10. thor

thor Well-Known Member

dude... linkin park has so much more talents than other bands. bands that never change their sound to me not a talented sound. their only capable of doing the same sound.

11. Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

This song has been on loop for two hours. I can't get enough of it right now.

12. heavenscalamity

heavenscalamity Well-Known Member

*COUGH* Meteora sans BTH.

13. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

The Catalyst is the first Linkin Park song I can classify as prog rock.

14. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm trying not to listen too much, and pick my moments. :lol:

15. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Does anyone else think that this song will send people crazy live? I can't wait to hear this in November. I know I've said that already but I guaruntee it's going to be an amazing specatcle when they play this live.

16. heavenscalamity

heavenscalamity Well-Known Member

Not to sound silly, but listen to this song with some beefy headphones are close your eyes and just focus on the song. The dynamic layering of the sounds is amazing. The end of the song is insanely powerful with the drum buildup and the emotion in the vocals.

17. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think Prog-Synth would be a better term to be honest.

18. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Damn, now I want to know what the whole album sounds like x100. I wonder what other surprises await? Who else is dying to hear Robot Boy?! I just know that one will be rad as hell.

19. SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

This song is amazing!!! I just pre-ordered the album and I can't wait for it. This is going to be an awesome album!

20. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Hi! I'm new here. I've been lurking for a few months but I wanted to share my comments on The Catalyst.

I haven't really read all the comments about the track, but I'm digging it very much. When I first heard the stems I was worried about the direction LP was taking with this record, but now I can say that 1. it's growing on me on every listen and 2. if this is the first single, we can expect an epic album.

I'm totally excited about the rest of the album, also I'm seeing LP live for the first time on Oct. 7 (I'm from Argentina) and I hope this song is included on the setlist, I know it's gonna rock live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.