The Catalyst: Chorus Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

That man speaks the truth!:thumbsup:

2. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Yeah, despite liking Tool, I think some of those fans were total assholes. :lol:
    Funny thing was when DBS started playing "Fire" a guy next to me went "I think this band is about to be fired..."

3. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Maybe you could reword this, I'm not completely sure what you're asking me.

So basically, you have a preference for the demo version of a song over the album version. If I'm reading this right, that's pretty subjective. Also, it happens.

Let's say they burnt out that car and stripped its engine of parts.

Nope.
    [youtube]eBShN8qT4lk[/youtube]
    He even appears in that particular video.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Done. :seaman:

5. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

lol, Where were you during the set? I was up front and people were starting to throw stuff at the band. I felt bad when Mike got hit by a water bottle when LP came back on. In some sense I understand why people were testy though because it was a hot day and the people up front all waited hours in the pit for their band to play. It was definitely a weird experience.

6. evulture

evulture Banned

After listening to The snippets MANY times , i have to regret that i didnt liked the new LP sound at all. They are more like a techno band to me. I know its too early to say this, but as a fellow member said that 75% of album will have this sound, then i have to say that what they are doing is NOT NEW AND FRESH. So you guys should admit it, that it is a commerical music now.

Secondly, there are MANY legendary bands except Linkin Park (Yes, being a proud fan of this band i am including it in the list ) , they didnt changed their sound AT ALL, and still they are loved and being followed by bands all over. You can include SLAYER, LAMB OF GOD, ACDC, PINK FLOYD, and so on ...

These bands didnt changed their sound, maybe the tweaked the sound a little to have a refresh feeling but the basics of the sound they produce is the SAME and you guys know they are respect and listened all over the world.

So in the end, i just wanna say that the thing they say that the sound they produce is OLD and not successful, is totally wrong.

7. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Rick isn't hands-on. He gives his opinion. That's pretty much all we've seen from the video. Linkin Park listens to him because they think his opinion helps the band...which is why they hired him again. Have you seen how Jay-Z worked with Fort Minor? Rick is slightly more hands on than that...which isn't saying much

8. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[youtube]q8o5V5OqUCU[/youtube]

9. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yes, and comments from YouTube members are a beacon of sanity when it comes to opinion-sharing.

What's next, Blabbermouth comments?

10. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I reward you with this: [video=youtube;Cqz9ZXUoUcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqz9ZXUoUcE[/video]

11. pugofdoom10

pugofdoom10 Member

Why are you re-posting this comment? Are you just jealous of all the other artistically ignorant commenters getting more attention than you?

12. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Also akira, something you should soon realize is that most of us are very unbiased.

I for one absolutely do not enjoy Meteora at all. I think Mike's verses in Fort Minor were completely mediocre and am disheartened that Phoenix plays very unoriginal bass parts.

I do, however, have a very eclectic range when it comes to music. The first music I got into were Jane's Addiction and West Coast hip-hop back when it was cool. My uncle would drive me to school listening to Three Days. I am classically trained in viola, violin, cello, piano, and guitar. I took part in the uprising of the breakbeat dance scene in my state. I was a very vocal protester during the Grey Tuesday demonstration day for Danger Mouse's classic mash-up of the Beatles and Jay-Z along with Dean Gray's American Edit and the subsequent banning of that by major labels.

My favorite concert experience was that of an Chinese-American folk singer who has a song that contains no less than 4 time signatures in the same song (4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4).

I think I speak for myself and everyone else here when I say that most of the veterans on this board are fairly spread out in terms of musical tastes. It's not that we endlessly think LP is great, it's just that we're always open to new things, and this is interesting and sounds like a great sign of things to come.

And to comment on a post someone made while I was typing this, you believe Pink Floyd never changed their sound? I feel sorry for your ears.

13. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

I was in the back. Wanted to move up but the friends I was with were kinda nervous about the mosh pit. :lol: Overall, not a very good crowd that day. :(

14. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Let's not be antagonistic now. There's better ways to debate. Just try to keep it civil. :)

15. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

You are definitely entitled to your opinion. But I wouldn't cite Youtube comments as legitimate sources for debate or arguments. I haven't seen one Youtube video yet where people weren't going ape shit on each other or the video. It seems to me that Youtube comment section brings the asshole out of people. Anyway, I think it's really premature to declare the demise of Linkin Park because we've only heard about a 1 min of the song. There are still 14 other songs to go so I'll reserve my judgement till then. I have to admit that Mike singing the acapella sounds kind of childish. But I eagerly await for the official release of the entire song on Aug. 2nd.

16. WheresMyFckngFrappuccino?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino.

I thought being a music artist meant making music from the heart, not trying to make people happy.

17. thor

thor Well-Known Member

i love Linkin park....i love all their work, i love the changes. people want change in the world right? then it all starts with Linkin park. haters need to stop living in the past. i dont care how much they change... ill stick with them until there is no more linkin park

18. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I think you understood it perfectly if your comeback was the sentence below.

I do have a preference to that demo version, because I wanted "Linkin Park" not "Chester Park". That's what I felt I got out of MTM. Call it subjective but I am sure I am not the only one that felt left out that Mike wasn't involved as much in that album, specially when the bands sound is 50% associated with that man's voice. Why not hear more of his experimental side? That's my whole point of my statement above. Just to be more clarifying; Rick did write a lengthy note sheet to Brad whom express Rick's feelings on that song, it was so vividly detailed that even Mike already knew (since he's a producer himself) to ask the bands opinion on him singing the verse. (this is on what happened on the recent LPTV if u get lost in what i was saying lol)

That's exactly it. There was no need to burn the car down. They could've refitted that car with a new aerodynamic shell and a modified sporty engine but it was still the same car! EDIT: Ok yes it got "burnt out" or so they thought it did. But a car doesn't get burnt "out". You can fix it, make it better and faster to ur likes. "Their likes" and they gave up on it.

Beastie Boys =/= Linkin Park.

Well not the same sort of Hip-Hop, but this is why I said probably. The hip-hop born in the 90s was obviously more sophisticated than the one in the 80s. So the same tricks won't work twice. Rock on the under hand as years have passed by the only thing that has gotten sophisticated is the layering of the sounds, but you still got your guitar, solos, and rhythm sections.

19. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Exactly.

There are more dim-witted, racist dipshits commenting on youtube than a Klan rally on MLK day.

@Shadow: Rick Rubin co-founded of Def Jam records. Dude has hip-hop in his blood.

20. pugofdoom10

pugofdoom10 Member

Sorry D:
    I've been lurking on here and the rage has just been building up. :p
    sorry, lol. I'll be less of a dick. xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.