The Anti-Bible

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Yes there was.

In my mind, simply saying "I don't believe in God" is a strong point by itself. [/b][/quote]
    Well they didn't have anything tangible to back up their belief. No one really does.

2. ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

Well they didn't have anything tangible to back up their belief. No one really does. [/b][/quote]
    no offence..but saying "There weren't any strong points for atheism until science was created" and then "Well they didn't have anything tangible to back up their belief. No one really does." That's hypocricy, isn't it?

3. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Well they didn't have anything tangible to back up their belief. No one really does. [/b][/quote]
    They shouldn't have to back up their beliefs. It's their belief and everyone should respect it. Same with Christians and other religions.

But as humans, we naturally question that of which we do not understand.

4. TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

They shouldn't have to back up their beliefs. It's their belief and everyone should respect it. Same with Christians and other religions.

But as humans, we naturally question that of which we do not understand. [/b][/quote]
    Well put Casey. I mean arguing about it isn't going to get someone to agree with you when they already believe in something and they usually will stand by it no matter what you say.

5. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

no one has any evidence to back up their belief. that is why it is called a belief.

6. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

true true

7. rosanna

wow katie, we seem to agree on a lot of things. :eek: that is so cool!!!!! hahahahahahaha totally...um....radical?!( ewww....sooooo 1994~i am ashamed :blush: )

8. TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

I believe in the Bible and that it is the truth. Now I'm not going to argue with anyone about it or sit here and try to back it up against someone who just wants to squash my beliefs. But if someone just wanted to know more about what I believe then i would tell them. I respect all of your guys belief's. I just ask you respect mine and not say its wrong.

But hey thats just my stance on the whole issue.

9. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

dont worry, i doubt that anyone will attack you. you have the right to believe whatever you want to believe. you dont need to prove anything because believing is about not having a proof. dont worry. ^_^
    rosanne: indeed :lol:

10. Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

dont worry, i doubt that anyone will attack you. you have the right to believe whatever you want to believe. you dont need to prove anything because believing is about not having a proof. dont worry. ^_^
    rosanne: indeed :lol: [/b][/quote]
    yeah indeed, that's what's bothering me sometimes in discussions. People are trying to convince each other that the other is wrong. But a belief is a belief and everyone has to respect that. uhm, I think that is the reason that this is my first post in here :unsure:

11. rosanna

i agree with you guys.

my beliefs are my beliefs and i do not expect anyone to change that, no more than i expect to change anyone else's beliefs. i respect everyone's opinion and i am not going to hate you because you don't believe in the same thing i do.

and i hope no one hates me cuz i don't believe in the same thing they do. :wth:

12. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

no no, i dont think we have people like that here. dont worry.
    we can convince each other about facts, but we cant convince each other with beliefs - that would be like ruining someones personality just because you have a different one.

13. rosanna

we can convince each other about facts, but we cant convince each other with beliefs - that would be like ruining someones personality just because you have a different one. [/b][/quote]
    yeah i guess that makes sense. :)

14. Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

I got people all around me who kept indirectly and sometimes directly forcing me to be christian and i HATE IT. :angry:

[rant]

Ok?! You have your own beliefs, that's fine, we're minding our own business. YOU have your own religion, ok, YOU believe in it, don't try and make other people believe it too. Just believe in your own ####. You can believe in a Barbie Doll for all I care, just don't expect other people to follow. Same with any other religion, but at least Hinduism and Buddhism isn't so "forceful". I don't see my Buddhist and Hindu friends telling me to convert to THEIR religion. Just stay the f*ck away from me and go play with your own bullshit. I'm sick of it.

[/rant]

15. Link04

Link04 Ambient

we can convince each other about facts, but we cant convince each other with beliefs - that would be like ruining someones personality just because you have a different one. [/b][/quote]
    Hooray for truth!

16. o0Bahamut

o0Bahamut Member

I joined this forum only to reply to this topic.

I am outraged at how you people think. I mean this is so funny. A guy saying " Oh yeah, god isn't real, the bible says all this stuff" Wow, did he do his research? NOPE. Do you know how many version of the bible there are? Weird people make different bibles. I'm seroius, then there a satanic bible for people who are stupid and will be decieved.

I have to tell you people that I'm catholic and I read the old testament and new testament. They are completely historical. And they dont say your going to hell for anything. There are many strange bibles out now. Which is probably what that guy was reading. But in a catholic, we believe. You choose where you want to go. You can choose gods way and go to heaven, where there is said to be peace and eternal life. Or you can go to hell, where the devil is, where he decieved everyone and we were punished for listening to him and that's why we're on earth. It's a test. I dont know about all you, but I'm going to heaven. I mean come on, how can you like satan? How can you like someone who decieved everyone and makes people suffer. What is wrong with people out there? I'm sorry, but you all have to open your eyes. Jesus does love you. He is there for you. It's not him that makes you have a bad life, it's other people doing things to you. What do you want him to do? Majicaly possess people to be nice? I'm serious, you guys can ban this sn, but I just have to say this. The person who wrote that article was athiest. he has no religion because his parents told him "um, the universe was created by um, well, it just was. There is no god. Just um, it was created. We dont know how, it was um, the big bang. We dont know how that was made but oh well. Things just happen because they just do. No explanation" Listen, how can people still act like this? I'm serious, I can disprove anything that you throw at me that you say is a problem in with god. Ask me a question, email me. I'm tired of people out there acting like there's no god, or like god is the bad guy.

17. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

And you should know not to come here, blatently call some of us stupid, tell us were wrong and try to force your beliefs onto us. Basically what you came here to do is insult us because some believe something that you dont? Wow, thats real mature. Try to open your damn eyes and see that not everone believes what you believe. Its called human nature. Get used to it.

18. o0Bahamut

o0Bahamut Member

Hey nate, you know. I didnt' force my beliefs on you. did I really say " THIS IS WHAT I BELIEVE AND EVERYONE ELSE MUST BELIEVE" did I say that?

19. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Well you need to chill the hell out. You just come on here and start blowing up needlessly about something because we dont all believe in something? The way you said things made it look like you were forcing it on us, which is something that we dont tolerate here.

20. o0Bahamut

o0Bahamut Member

Well the things you people say. No wonder I get mad. Sorry for trying to force my beliefs on you. But I was very enraged by that site and by how some of you out there think your right, when your so blinded by what your thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.