The Advice Thread (formerly GSYWTLO)

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Apparently spicey food helps. ;)

2. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Sarah: When are you duuuue? :)

3. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Sarah, trust me, if your body isn't ready to have that baby, nothing will work. I was over due 2 weeks with my daughter, and not even being induced worked.

4. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

7th Feb.

I am so sick of these on and off contractions and not being able to do very much without complaining I'm tired and bub's really sinking down. I was in early labour on Australia Day (the whole day) and somehow just came out of it.

5. Arlene

Oh man, how exciting. I mean, I know you're not feeling the best but in just a few weeks you'll have a healthy, happy baby! Stay strong hon :hug:

6. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Man what the fuck. I asked her not to talk to me yet she screams my name down the hall to fucking taunt me. What doesnt she get about leave me the fuck alone. I don't wanna talk to you,see you,or even think of you. Would she just leave me the fuck alone!!! God Damn

(sorry if my post doesnt match the purpose of this thread. I just had to put it somewhere and Random thoughts didnt seem like the right place)

7. Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Rachel and I started talking again about a week ago. It's been nice. And I thought everything was good and stuff, but, then I visited her today.

After I left...I realized that I still have feelings for her.

I have no idea what to do about this. It hurts.

8. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Terrifying, is it not? To feel so secure knowing yourself and then having so much doubt on it. :hug:

It never hurts to talk to her some more. I know it might be painful, but stay true man. Don't be a creeper and hang for a bit. You'll know when the time is right, when you two start talking deeply about stuff, that is when it is best (perhaps) to share.

:)

9. Louis

You don't understand. She and I were together for 2 years. She broke up with me, and we stopped talking for a while. When she found out I still liked her some time ago, she stopped talking to me again. And now? What am I supposed to do? I don't know how to live like this.

I want her back and that's not even possible. I don't want us to stop talking again but being with her today...she's all I want still. I just don't know how I'm supposed to get over this.

10. Arlene

I completely, 100%, ridiculously understand. The same thing is happening with me and Josh *hides from threatening glares of everyone mad at me* I mean it's not the same exact situation, but I understand the awkwardness and being afraid of saying something that will make them go, "wait, what? shit" yknow? However, we both know that we both still have feelings for each other...so that's where it's different. I would say to just keep it cool, be friends, but I know that that's basically impossible when you feel how you do. I'm not sure what to advise you to do, because if she's really going to stop talking to you because you have feelings for her...ouch. However...how can you keep a friendship when you're trying not to show her how you feel? :hug:

11. Louis

I really don't know. :(

12. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Watch (500) Days Of Summer.

13. Louis

I have watched it. Made me sad.

14. Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

So, Im a college kid that doesnt drink or smokes weed, Therefore, I'm not cool enough to hang out with lots of people currently.

Guess what society? you can fck me as many times as you want. I like to not be considered a pot head nor a drunk. Thank you.

15. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Respect.

---
    Wtf, he called me difficult. And when I ask my best friend if I am a difficult person she has nothing to say.

16. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

No, no.

Their not cool enough to hangout with you, respectively. :) You're not alone there.

17. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

I have the same problem here in Germany. I dont want to ruin my life so I have to be alone all the time... its not that you are not cool enough..you dont belong or you dont have to do anything with em...I tryied it 4 times, and whenever they were drinking beer (eww) or smoking weed, I was on the outside looking away from them..they didnt exclude me but I dont want to stand right in their weedsmoke cloud...

I can totally understand you, and by now I haven't found a solution...I live with that..but sometimes Im breaking down and just cry because they hang around every friday and Im at home..

18. Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

While I'll be the first to admit I smoke (weed and cigarettes) and drink, I massively respect you for that. A lot of my friends are straightedge, and we're all able to mix really well at parties and such. It all comes down to the people you hang out with, and people who judge you for something such as this clearly aren't worth your time, Ori-dear. :)

19. Louis

So, I've decided that my reaction earlier to seeing Rachel was in every way completely uncalled for.

I'm pretty certain that I'm getting around these feelings, and that just because I haven't seen her in two months, I'm not used to seeing her in a different light. So, perhaps, the more I see her, the better it will be and I'll be able to live with myself more.

In the meantime, I'm trying to decide whether or not to ask a girl out. She and I get along pretty well. She's in a couple of my classes. I'm a senior and she's a junior, and there's only half a semester left of school. Is it worth it?

20. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Louis. Personally I suck at advice but I think that if you are getting over her for real that you should at least try to move on to something else. Especially if you both like each other.

Ori: I know what you mean. I've lost lots of friends by them trying to make me do things I'm not comfortable with. It's really sad.

An old friend of mine wants me to go into a web design business. We don't really talk much anymore though. I really need the money but the thing is I've haven't really programmed ANYTHING in years. And I've forgotton all of what I knew. CSS. Java/J-Script. XHTML. Now he says I could relearn and its true I probably could but theres another factor. He's kind of a pot head and well, not entirely trust worthy. Advise please?