Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by hybriddragon, Apr 30, 2004.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Now, there's no reason to gang up on J Money, or to pick on them. I just think that needed to be said because people come in here with very serious life threatening problems. I know of these problems first hand, and it's not something to be toyed with.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Your right.

What one person says could greatly persuade a person to commit suicide, especially when the person is already very commited to try. People don't come here to talk about their problems and get mocked or words put in their mouth, they come for help because they truly need it.

However, I would disrespect someone very much who came here saying they needed help because they were thinking about suicide, when all they wanted was attention.

When people talk like they don't care about another persons problems, especially when it comes to suicide, and the person with the problem finds this out, they will think "hey, they don't care about me, why should anyone else." I've been there before, along with many other people.

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

EDIT:

If a person got upset because someone made fun of them on this forum, they shouldn't take it to the heart because they really don't know the person in the first place. Thats what I meant. You should look to the people who "truly" care about you not to the people on a forum. Of cousre I care if a person is thinking about suicide. I'll tell them not to do it, I'll give them advice.. but they should really be looking to the people who love/know them (personally), they need comfort from those people.

REPHRASED

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Speak for yourself.

If anyone were to come to me telling me they feel like killing themselves, I'd listen to what they'd have to say reguardless of who it is. Maybe you don't care, but I sure as hell do, so don't make such an assumption. It's things like that that make people feel so pathetic.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I dont know about you but the people here I consider my friends. If anyone ever had a problem they can talk to me because Ive been there. I have the scars to proove it. You may not care, but I do. Dont ever say that about people because you will always be wrong.

RememberingNever

I didn't mean it that way. I meant, if a person got upset because someone made fun of them on this forum, they shouldn't take it to the heart because they really don't know the person in the firt place. Thats what I meant. You should look to the people who "truly" care about you not to the people on a forum. Of cousre I care if a person is thinking about suicide. I'll tell them not to do it, I'll give them advice.. but they should really be looking to the people who love/know them, they need comfort from those people.

I'm sorry you didn't understand me at first. Sometimes I say things that don't make sense.

I was, I said: "I don't think....."

(Since now I've re-read my post and see that people might mis understand me. I'll go and edit it with what I said above. I don't want people to hate me for what I said (even if I didn't mean it in that way.) :( )

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I consider people here my best friends, just like Nate. He's helped me through some hard times and I've helped some people here...if anyone ever needs someone to talk to i've always offered my help. People care, and that's what other people need to know.

RememberingNever

I just meant a person feels better when they know that a peron who 'personally' knows them tells them they love them and gives them loving advice.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I just meant a person feels better when they know that a peron who 'personally' knows them tells them they love them and gives them loving advice. [/b][/quote]
    Sometimes its easier to open up to total strangers than it is to people you know.

RememberingNever

Yes, I know what you mean. It is much easier to do so. But it's easier to feel loved by someone you 'personally' know than a person typing to you on a forum.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I feel loved just the same

LPstreetsoldiergurl14

LPstreetsoldiergurl14 Well-Known Member

Don't do it you have a whole life ahead of you to live!

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

Yes, I know what you mean. It is much easier to do so. But it's easier to feel loved by someone you 'personally' know than a person typing to you on a forum. [/b][/quote]
    i know that so well, the only 2 people who have my online diary password are in australia.

back on topic: ive tried to commit suicide before, and was really depressed. now everythings sorted out im happy and independant, most of the time. i still cut myself from time to time, when something bad happens though

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

i know that so well, the only 2 people who have my online diary password are in australia.

back on topic: ive tried to commit suicide before, and was really depressed. now everythings sorted out im happy and independant, most of the time. i still cut myself from time to time, when something bad happens though [/b][/quote]
    I'm a frequent cutter as well. Everytime I do so though, a thought from a friend lingers in my mind. You can never tell exactly where an artery is until it's punctured. And then it's too late...

If you ever feel the need to cut, I'm always here for you. To listen, to talk. I've been in the same moccasins. :p

RememberingNever

Hmm.. I've never tried cutting myself. And sometimes I wonder why people cut themselves.

I don't mean to be rude but can anyone tell me why most people cut themselves? Does it feel good or something? Or do people try to kill themselves when they do so?

I read a book called "Cut" about two years ago. I was a little younger.. so I didn't quite understand why the girl cut herslf.. even after I had finished reading it. Maybe now that I'm more understanding.. I'll read the book again.

Cassie

http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/index....8487&hl=cutting

Aplace_4_MyHead

Aplace_4_MyHead Well-Known Member

Bad idea. All i can say is dont do it. I think alot people would agree with me on that.

RememberingNever

Thanks Cassie for the link to that. I read everyones stories on cutting. I've found that people do it because:
    it gives them a short term relief
    it's a habbit
    it's an addiction
    they are depressed, lonely or angry
    they like the rush (feeling).
    and that they don't always do it intending to kill themselves.

(Cassie) I read your story about cutting and realized how serious cutting is.

I'll admit it.. I've thought about cutting myself. But reading all of those post about it.. I have changed my mind.

For me I'd have to say that cutting and especially suicide doesn't solve a thing.

Cassie

I'm so glad that reading this thread changed your views about cutting. :) It truly is a horrible habit. And you're one less victim.

20. Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

To this day, I still don't know why people go to such extremes - - take cutting as an example. Why the hell do people willingly mutilate themselves to "feel better"? Yeah. Right. There's much better ways to take out your frustration than taking a knife and slicing your arm open. Yeah, it may be violent, but try punching something (preferrably something that won't go "Ouch!" or hit/bite/kick/spit venom back)...pillows work great. I know that when I'm at the end of my rope, I'll beat the hell out of a pillow, and it calms me down. Now, never, ever would I ever beat the hell out of a human being, but just having something to whack when you feel like whacking something helps a lot. Cutting doesn't - - some day, you'll hit a major vein or artery, and a fight for sanity becomes a fight for life.

Other things that work:
    -Listen to music. Lots of it.

-Play video games all day, preferrably without blowing twenty bucks on a driving game at the arcade. I speak from experience here. God, OutRun 2 is addictive. Long live the powerslide...

-Cry a little. Yeah, it's a suckie thing to do, but hey, it helps. And help is good, right? Yeah, I'm a sensitive guy. So shoot me...

-Do something that you uniquely enjoy. For me, when I go flying, I forget about most everything else...unless someone calls me on the telecom in the plane....but then I just switch it off anyways. There's nothing more peaceful than being a few thousand feet up, 150 miles an hour, smooth air and seeing the lights of the city twinkle below as you slip under the puffy clouds at night. Oh wait, my telecom's beeping again. Yeah? What? You want what? Hold on a second. * rip * Haha you stupid little box, take that! ** throws it out the window ** Hahahaha!

-If you live near somewhere with some kick-ass scary rides, then by all means, go ride them! Thrill rides have a special way of kicking depressing thoughts. And making some people soil themselves, but ignore that part. I said nothing about that part. Watch the birdie... ** uses Men In Black neurolizer **Just sucks that the nearest roller coaster to me is a nine-hour drive to Minneapolis. Durrrr......

-Make a post on a message board and inject some humor into it. Just not my kind of humor. It's copyrighted. I get a hundred bucks a pop. Trust me. Wanna find out? Be my guest... What's that? You already copyrighted it? Dammit!

Trust me on this one...it's never failed me...

Now gimme a pillow.....

:rolleyes: :D