Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by hybriddragon, Apr 30, 2004.

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

*nods in agreement*

People shouldn't think about commiting suicide, because it's, uhh, not good for your health.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

If they are like me, they don't believe in a god. In my opinion, it goes like this: You live, you die, you rot. Besides, even if you do believe in a god, showing you were willing to take your life to escape your problems would be worth the punishment.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

sorry i left out a word.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Yet it still says the same thing...... just you added the same word that would have been in the same statement just a few words apart... :mellow:. There's no need for you to make a post where you add a word. It still said the same thing. Learn. It helps. The edit button is good, too. So you know, you can add that word you missed. Adding a word to a new post is pointless. Don't do it.

erasethepain

You obviously have no idea what it's like to be suicidal if you think pleasing a god is going through the person's head.

One of my friend's best friends commited suicide a few years ago and he was a hardcore cutter. I have pics from when he killed himself, and it's not pretty. There are very few people who could put themselves through the pain he did, just to show all of the people who ever made fun of him how much he hurt. I would post the pics, but they would be wrong of me. If he hurt this much, do you think he would care about the punishement he would be put through in his after-life?

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

if you want to go just do it,...why should everbody know it?
    unless you think there are people who care about you
    and in that case you shouldnt do it for the people who love you

erasethepain

Because suicide isn't one of those things where you either die or live. If somehow you make a mistake and they are able to keep you alive, you will have countless disabilities and you will have to wait a long time to ever get the chance to do it again because most likely you'll be put directly in a mental hospital.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

With suicidals, most just need comfort and understanding. Those who are suicidal feel as if they've hit an all time low where they can't stand back up or if they can, they'll never maintain any highness as of being satisfied with any "happy" emotion.

In the back of their minds, suicidal people know at least one person would care that you died, but it never crosses your mind if you're really deep into a depression state and that's usually forgotten. Like J Money said, the consistancy of it will just get you put into a mental hospital. People don't understand what those who are suicidal really need and they all think they need help, when really, some just need comfort and understanding. Majority of those who are suicidal are those with a major problem, and they usually tend to look for someone they can talk to or somehow help them see a better view, yet a lot of the time, people have no patience to deal with such a person. I know this from experience, mind you, so I know how people react. Sometimes the people the suicidals look for to help them (maybe a close friend or what-not) doesn't take the time to listen to them, forgetting there are others out there who'd help or listen, just they might not be like the ideal person to listen in to the suicidal individual.

And "why should everybody know it"? If you even think about killing yourself, why would you do it like it was for no apparent reason? Keeping people blind to their mistakes, the reason you feel suicidal? If that's the case, why not just go in front of a bunch of people and throw a temper tantrum? It saves yourself the pain and a life, but just show the pointless-ness in doing something so "over the top." Suicide isn't a game between one person and maybe a few others; it involves many more. Think about the people that have to clean up the suicide scene. Or the people that have to bury you. You think they won't know? Think they won't care? Suicide effects anyone and everyone you come in contact with weither you be alive or dead. Some care more than others, but that doesn't mean those who care less don't care at all, it's just a matter of what you believe, and sometimes those who are suicidal forget that.

Scarlet

Scarlet Well-Known Member

I find suicide pointless. It doesn't solve anthing and it's not like you'll be going to a better place. You'll just be going to hell where you'll only find more pain and suffering. Suicide just shows that you where weaker than life.
    Even though sometimes I feel like I should just be dead I've never tried to kill myself... I'm scared of death.

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

agreed with you
    it will only hurt the people who loved you

numbgurl2004

numbgurl2004 Member

honestly, i went through the same thing, and i just decided a couple of days ago not to. The reason is like you said ur g/f would miss you, well my b/f seemed like the only one who would miss me, but then i realized how much he could help me through all of it, and i think your g/f could do the same, so dont do it, its pointless, and dont hurt ur g/f b/c she probably loves you more than you know. :mellow:

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i wish i had a boyfriend like yours... i only had one proper proper one. but he was an #######. he was such an #######, but i loved him anyway... aww. i miss him.

but anyway.

i dont think that you go to hell if you commit suicide. i mean, didnt god say that you can make your final choice?

Scarlet

Well, I learned in school that if you commit suicide you go to hell. I don't think that should be true.. but like I said that's what I was told to believe.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

[/b][/quote]
    I always learned that you went to hell because it was like throwing the gift back into the face of the giver. Get what i'm saying? :|

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Woah, u mean regular school? they taught u that? What about seperation of church and state :mellow: :unsure:

Blaze

Blaze Ambient

Woah, u mean regular school? they taught u that? What about seperation of church and state :mellow: :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    i'm thinking private religious school ;)

suicide hurts everybody you know more than you could ever imagine...i had a relitive who did it and it still hurts :(

Scarlet

Well, I've actually been going to Catholic school all my life. We've discussed suicide and hell is where you'll go if you do so. I sometimes don't agree with everything they say - but - I donno. :unsure:

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I used to be suicidal but my ex-gf helped me out of it and thankfully she did. Im not with her anymore but we're still best friends but im so much happier now than i was back then, i mean i have a girlfriend again and i have more friends, my grades are up, im doing well in the sports i play. Im pretty proud to say i havent cut myself in almost a year.

but anyway, i think that Suicide should be in the hands of the beholder, if they are unable to be talked out of it, its their choice...it seems kind of selfish to stop someone from putting themselves out of their misery because youd mourn their death

erasethepain

right on, vicious.

well said, man.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

Suicide is a very grave sin you can commit to yourself. This statement should transcend all religions. It's just very unlikely for a person to do that to himself when the nature of all of us is to defend our life.

Suicide should not be the response to the problems one experiences. We should believe that all problems have solutions even if they seem hopeless already.

life is all about fighting against the odds. We should learn how to fight to very end of our breath. Life is a precious gist we were all entitled to have. Killing ourselves is just an act of cowardness. I don't want people to remember me as someone coward.

About people who commit suicide, I actually pity them for not being to see the light. Many people brand them right away as "stupid" for killing herself just because of her boyfriend.. yadayada.. The thing is. if you are really in that suicidal state.. You don't see anything more than the problem. It seems that the world has already closed for you. So.. If you know or notice someone in a suicidal state already.. give him all the guidance and comfort.