Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Louis, Apr 25, 2005.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

All around the LPA forums, I have seen the word, "suicide" plenty of times. Now, I know it's not the best word around, but it's something that we should all take notice of.

I started this topic because I wanted to get all of the people who do have suicidal feelings to get together and show their emotions. Keeping inside emotions is bad for you and may lead to bad things. We can all relate to one another.

Now, I didn't know whether to put this in the random chat forum or here, but it's a serious issue, so I put it here.

Please, do not hesitate to tell us. If you do not want to, that is perfectly fine. And don't hesitate to advise someone, and comfort them when they are feeling sad. This is not a JOKE post, and nor is "Suicide" a JOKING issue.

Whoever would like to begin, please reply.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Isn't this what the "Got Anything You Need TO Let Out" thread is for?

Louis

Well, that's or more less, to me, like a frustration post. Suicidal could be a part of it, but this also wasn't just meant to let out, it could also be like an opinion forum. I just made it because I've been seeing it around so much that I thought that I might as well make a post about it. I'm sorry if it seems too familiar to other possible topics.

EDIT: Also, that topic you are referring to was a confession topic. I just said to express yourself here. Expressing isn't exactly the same as confessing. I know it doesn't make complete sense and all, but this topic is mainly about suicide, letting out suicidal feelings, and possibly, for those against it, find a way to prevent teen suicide and all of those kinds of issues. I'm sorry if this post still seems to much like the post you are referring to.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Never thought of suicide, not because my life is problem free, its just never crossed my mind.

Louis

Well, that's good. I respect people who have that same view point. A lot of my friends do, at least. I'm the oddball.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Well, that's good. I respect people who have that same view point. A lot of my friends do, at least. I'm the oddball. [/b][/quote]
    Well maybe you should get some help...? I have a temper problem so the school is making me take anger management classes :p . You should go to counceling or something before its too late.

Louis

Well maybe you should get some help...? I have a temper problem so the school is making me take anger management classes :p . You should go to counceling or something before its too late. [/b][/quote]
    Well, as suicidal as I may be, I really hate the idea of councelling. And plus, me and my parents have already talked about it and they think I'm fine. I don't plan on committing suicide anytime in the near future. But I just get so sad and so frustrated to the point where I wish I didn't have to suffer much more.

I also have an anger problem, too. But it's not too serious. Councelling just scares the shit out of me, though.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

um, i first became suicidal when i was three (im seriuosly not kidding). crap from my dad. it was a long strech. like btn 3 and 6. i have problems off and on my whole life. mostly i put on a very happy out side. hehehe.

and yes i know about about sucide. i hate it when ppl preach to me like i dont know what's going on or all go "life is wonderful you always have something to live for". whatever ppl, i know what im talking about. i bet i know more about it than almost anyone who is going to preach. hehe sry :p

Louis

Yeah, it's annoying how there are a lot of people who think that people have something to live for when they don't know how that person feels or what has happened in their life. I've been through a lot, as well. And everyone thinks that they're a preacher and that I have something to live for when it's not so true at all.

fallenangel

fallenangel Well-Known Member

i think i have thought about suicide since i first realised what it ment. and that was young. i was never a happy kid, never fit in and always felt like i belonged somewhere else. also tried to commet sucide and the doctor at the hospital just gave me a telling off and sent me home. suicide is a serious issue and often professionals think its a phase, but for many of us, its not.
    this thread is a good idea, cause it those who are thinking of it can express themselves fully, without fear of being called 'mad', it may save lifes.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

when i had depression, suicide was always in my mind. i constantly told myself i couldn't do anything, and i was constantly upset. i always looked at the swords on my wall (they were sharp) with the intent of hari kari. thankfully, my parents stepped in and helped me with my problems. ^_^

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

Well, I used to be a cutter. Not because I was depressed..I just like scars...cause I'm odd. Stopped when I learned it was a bad thing, though.

I've had to send a lot of my friends in to the school therapist who actually cut because they're depressed, though. And its sad, because in one instance, the therapist told me that the same day, one of my friends was going to go kill themselves, had I not dragged him to her office. :(

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I heard in Life Management one day that if you take sleeping pills and drink alcohol, you'll go to sleep and never wake up.

I've thought about it every day since.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Never thought of suicide and never planning on ever thinking about it. I have absolutely no pity for anyone who commits suicide.

xero agnostos

xero agnostos Well-Known Member

Suicide is something I've thought about, but only economically. After years of thought, I found that my life was pretty pointless and only continued to exist because I was too lazy to actually end it (and i didn't feel like putting the people that ment the most through that kind of pain). However, I later figured out the whole crappy "life is what you make it" quote was right. You make your life what it is, but theres no way I could ever realize that until I came up with that conclusion for myself. What I also found interesting in my thoughts of suicide is the question of why more Christians aren't suicidal. Everyone knows of the greatness of Heaven so why wouldn't they want to get there as soon as they can? I happen to be Christian and the best thing I could come up with was the "everyone has a purpose" line. If a person is suicidal though, then they clearly don't see that purpose.

In recap, most of the time the only person who can really give you enough reason for living is going to be yourself. After enough deep thought it can become clear what keeps you here.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I've thought about suicide a few times, but I realized it was stupid because I'm really, really fortunate to have everything I do. I also have friends that used to cut, and I even convinced one to stop, and it gave this strange feeling, the kind you get when you know you did something good. So uh...yeah. Suicide is always one of the first things some people think about when they're angry, and it's really sad because they think they're so unfortunate and they actually go through with it, and put their friends and family through a hard time. That's pretty much all I have to say.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

I am also a christian and i have thought about this. if heaven is so much more then earth...why not leave earth and go now. but it does boil down to the fact that God put us here to do a job, and we cant just leave because we are fed up. is that really fair to God?

-------------------------------------

back on topic, about suicide, i am the most ANTI suicidal person out there, i think it is so stupid. but dont think that i have it easy cuz i dont. i deal with a lot of shit, more so then a lot of people at school. and there was a point when i was close to suicide, but i didnt want to go through with it, so i just stopped. suicide to me is stupid, but i have a hope through God, to others they have nothing left, nothing more to give, and they see no other options. and i hurt for these people. but im not going to preach to you, because i know thats not what you want to hear.

warpbabydoll

warpbabydoll Member

I don't what to say. I feel like shit for wanting to commit suicide so bad. And those people who lecture me on "suicide" makes it worst. They don't know what the hell is going on, unless they carefully observe my life for the past few years. Besides that, what right do they have telling me how to live? Do they know what I love dearly or what I hate badly? So one of my best friends lectured me and I bit my tongue really hard. I wanted to smack her and tell her to shut the fuck up. She had no right poking in my life and I don't care if she cares so badly about me. She should have listened to me instead of lecturing me.

forfeit3

forfeit3 Well-Known Member

sucidal=emo. ahhh emo sucks!

CloserToCrawling

CloserToCrawling Ambient

I've never think about suicide, so much as just try to commit suicide. I've already attempted it for more than 30 times, each time obviously unsuccessful. I've never tried anything but cut myself, ranging from a shaving razor to a box-cutting blade. I've been like this for about 3 years now, and to this day, not a single person knows about it.