Stream The Entire "Meeting Of A Thousand Suns" Documentary Online Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

But some of the worst songs that they made, of all time. Of all time!

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. This album notwithstanding (since I haven't listened to it yet), Meteora is my favorite LP album, I am totally obsessed with it.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

We're talking about the DVDs here, if you just want to hate Meteora, I'm sure there's plenty of threads for that.

Tom191

Tom191 Member

Who was it that said that?

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I think so, so many of you are completely missing something Chester said at the end.

"Forcing music to conform to that frame of mind, is causing this kind of stuff. It's causing a lot noise to be made and it's getting away from the song."

I think Chester's highlighting how the band are so afraid of writing another Meteora that they're making different weird noises all the time and detracting from their writing process. I think he'd rather the band just be fluid again and not so insecure, and still write new sounding music but with a process that's tight enough that they're able to deliver an album they're happy with on time.

My guess would be that end meeting would be when they got feedback from the label about the album and got back negative comments, and possibly were told they had to do some extra work on a first single (Chester does say THE song).

Also, I think you guys need to stop worrying so much in terms of the band breaking up. You need to think about this documentary and realise it was selectively edited to put these clips in on purpose. They want us to see them. Making a record is an stressful situation for any band, but don't think that those incidents of tension are as common as they are in the video, that's the wonder of editing. They want to show some tension but they would not film a conversation where they were thinking of breaking up. Simple as that.
    Moreover, it's all label approved and signed off on.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

What earphones are those? And how expensive? :p

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Sony MDR-7506

I knew they were really good but not Mike-uses-them-while-making-an-album good :D

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow they're not too expensive either!

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I can vouch as an audio person that sometimes cheaper headphones give you the sound you're looking for.

I actually use a pair of Technics RP-F295, they're extremely cheap and old (and hard to get hold of now) but the build quality (internally at least) is incredible.

I imagine however Mike has a few pairs of headphones, some much more expensive and he might actually just use those so he can hear what the songs going to sound like to the rest of us. Though I can't really make an informed guess either way without hearing the sound from them.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Thank you for this! HotSpot opens up a lot of one-way doors regardless of minuscule drawbacks. Get this if you live in the GRRRREAT WHITE NORTH fuck

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

What the fuck is this Meadowlands song they kept talking about?

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think i heared 3-4 songs that are not on the album, and like MTM they came out later, so who knows...

But the important thing, i hope they could do the sound they wanted for ATS with no label changes in the end. If not, is really time they go in own label and please themselves more and their creativity and fans and not Warner.

EDIT: Remember the stress with the Catalyst contest people, Mike opening up to the world, and Warner shutting all down. I think that's a huge prove of the conflict there was between band and label around the month before release date.
    And they put 60% of the album stuff for free online, and i was really surprised considering Warner and the bans on You Tube, Lp is taking their own road together.
    Art is not art when is restricted to terms. Follow Trent, LP. Have fun. Money can be done also like that.

EDIT 2: Mike saying "I was not meaning some What I've Done shit" was a hit in my face. The air was tight, seriously.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I have some headphones that look very similar to that at my parents but they have the very thick input thing on them and I can't find a converter anywhere around here. It sucks.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I wish we can hear Rob's opinion more. He is far to quiet in all of these "making ofs"

and also. Chester sounded like he wanted to KILL Joe when he said this new project is going to effect the timeline lol. And I'm pretty sure they are referring to the Medal Of Honor thing

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

The rise of Machine Shop probably?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Waiting For The End working title.

ivy616

ivy616 Well-Known Member

Totally forgot about that! It would be good if they went that route.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

In Entertainment Weekly's ATS Review (despite it being pretty bad), it's written that the album is under "Machine Shop / Warner Bros"

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Anyone caught the parallel between the band's situation with Warner and the Mario Savio speech at the end? I thought it was kind of clever.

20. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Well I took some advice from a friend that I should watch this before I pick up the album next week.

I think after watching this I think I will have even MORE appreciation to the music I will be hearing for the first time when I pick up my copy. Seeing all that was going on makes me wonder if the fact that everyone on any LP related site bitching about the album, either it taking to long or we want OLD LP back, added to the tension. Something to think about...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.