Story Of The Year VS Godsmack's Production?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by enfestid, Jun 1, 2004.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

They were jumped, so it's not like they carry bats around. And they fought back.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

eh, atleast they didn't act like complete pansies.

I was saying that they should have grabbed SOMETHING if they were bigger than them.

But alas, they got their asses beat. They even showed pictures. This is stupid. They're just bitching now. GO GET A WEAPON AND #### GODSMACK'S CREW UP LIKE THEY DID YOU. Go on, go jump them the next time you see them.

Face Pic

Close Up

I bet this is their story of the year.. :chemist:

enfestid

enfestid Guest

Alrighty, I think some of you need to stop just supporting the bands you like and making fun of the bands that you don't like. Listen to the story for what it is... Godsmack haven't posted their side of it, but I don't know if they will since no band member really was involved.

But, Casey -- no big whoop? It's called assault, buddy. It's illegal. You simply can't do it. Please, tell me exactly how it's "not a big deal". How on Earth can you classify that as not a big deal? Some people come up to you and start punching you... really, that's not a big deal? Put your place in their shoes for a minute. As you read, they admit that they lost the fight. Why would they post about it and say they lost if it wasn't a "big deal"? I don't like Story Of The Year at all, don't get me wrong -- the stunk live and I don't like their material in the least -- but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and make fun of them. Heck, I even like Godsmack.

I was a bit confused by their statement about Sully, though... he gave them a bad look, so what? That's the only thing I don't get. But, seeing as how they were probably completely pissed off at the time, I see where they (or maybe just the one guy making the post) would be mad at him, in case he was giving them a rude gesture or something after the "fight".

But, you've got to remember -- Godsmack wasn't headlining this. Godsmack wasn't 'the' act of the show. It wasn't their show at all. Their production crew has no right at all to lay a finger on the other bands at the show if they're all playing a concert or festival that isn't their own. You say they were probably drunk... how, pray tell, does this make the matters any less serious? It's a crime.

And, please don't quote anyone from Blabbermouth. They're some of the most ignorant and pig-headed people on the internet :lol: I love metal, but some of those people are downright rude and stupid at times. Where else can you get news articles about people dying with a page full of insults from comments? I mean, honestly...

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I don't like Godsmack. I already stated that. I think SOTY are making to big of a deal out of this. This kind of crap happens all the time outside of the music business. It's called gangs. Why should I care if SOTY got their asses beat? Yeah it was 6 on 4 or something, but honestly. It's not like the members got beaten within an inch of their life or something. They got a few ####### bruises and a bloody nose. My god, that's going to kill them isn't it?

And if they sue Godsmack, that will just be the icing on the cake so to speak. You're in ####### ROCK music. You can't sue, you got to take things in your own hands, and #### THEM UP the next time you see them.

Follow examples of the early 80s/mid 80s hair metal bands. Duff from GnR didn't go out on stage (since they didn't have the internet) and female dog about Vince Neil punching him in the nose and breaking it. Axl stood by Duff's side and called Vince out for it.

But hey whatever. If this starts a fued between the two bands, that's find. God knows mainstream rock needs a big news story to get some life back into it. But if it comes down to killing, then no. Just no.

Fin.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Wow. They really got ####ed up. Or they're friends with make up genius Rick Baker.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

SOTY should make a big deal out of it. First off. It was wrong what SOTYs doing flaming godsuck. But it's against the united state law last time i checked it was illegal to assult someone. I don't get it why godsmack atacked SOTY just because they have fans that really don't like there band.

This is Just wrong. The SOTY Fans should atack godsmack. And what does SOTY get for an appology. A dirty look.

enfestid

enfestid Guest

Please tell me you're not the kind of person who thinks celebrities aren't vulnerable and aren't people, too....

Yes, it happens "all the time" outside of the music industry. Hardly... it happens, but not as much as you seem to think. Yes, it happens in slums and things like that a rather large amount of the time, but does that make it any more just anywhere it happens? Not really, no.

No, it's not going to kill them. But assault is assault. You get in a fight and tell me how you feel. You get beat up on the street by a gang (which happens very often, according to your claims) and tell me how you feel. You take on two people at once and tell me how you feel. Please, tell me what it feels like. Is it really as peachy as you're making it sound?

If they sue then it'd just be "icing on the cake"? Are you off your rocker? They could sue, but I'd bet that they won't just because it's not something that celebrities normally sue for, given that they can be treated quicker than others. But if you think that they're going to "get Godsmack back" next time I'd have to call you crazy. What would draw you to do such a thing? You do know that if they happens it's not like it'd stop -- going by your logic, then Godsmack would have to "get them back", and then SOTY would have to "get them back", etc., etc.

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but we're not in the 80's anymore. Stuff like that isn't legal, no matter how you look at it. The world's changed a lot since the 80's.

So, as long as it doesn't kill anyone you're alright with it? :rolleyes:

...one quick question: can I jump you and break both your legs, as long as I allow you to "get me back" and it doesn't kill either of us and neither of us sue the other? That'd be great.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Yes.

yeah, we obviously don't see eye to eye on this, so I'm just going to back away peacefully and not go Tarzan on anyone today. Atleast you handled this in a calm way. Most people would just bash the ever loving #### out of me.

One thing that urks me about that article is that they keep calling Godsmack's crew jocks. :wth:

Ander

I think it'd be ok if both of you payed for each others hospital bills afterward...

$pvcxGhxztCasey

wait, why do you get to break my legs? I thought we were going to reinact the SOTY vs Godsmack's Crew thing?

:(

enfestid

enfestid Guest

Yes.

yeah, we obviously don't see eye to eye on this, so I'm just going to back away peacefully and not go Tarzan on anyone today. Atleast you handled this in a calm way. Most people would just bash the ever loving #### out of me.

One thing that urks me about that article is that they keep calling Godsmack's crew jocks. :wth: [/b][/quote]
    :lol: -- I don't mind if you go "Tarzan" on me at all ;)

And, yeah, SOTY could have handled it more maturely than all the insults in their post, but I think they're just a tad p.o.'d about what happened, lol

OK, we'll change it from legs to nose. lol

Ander

:lol: @ the punk kids and their labels

$pvcxGhxztCasey

"I want you to hit me...as hard as you can." - Tyle Durden, Fight Club

AND YES I AM OFF MY ROCKER.

[​IMG]

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I say everyone in the US just gets in a huge ####### brawl, that'll cure everything

$pvcxGhxztCasey

RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE.

I need sleep.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Speaking of flaming...

Secondly, Godsmack didn't attack Story of the Year. If you learned how to read properly in Grade 2, SOTY claimed that Godsmack's production crew jumped them in the article.

As for my stance on this situation, this article is definately one-sided, and I wouldn't be too suprised if this was posted just as a publicity stunt. Also note the amount of profanities, as well as uber-whininess of the band. Makes one wonder.

Ander

I think they have something against 'metal' bands because they also trashed Staind and Disturbed in an interview (I put it in quotes because their "metal-ness" is debated)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

ROTFL.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

see, I told you they'd go after Godsmack.

You see, it's all a big ruse. They'll invite them to Baskin Robins, and then BAM! They'll be covered in Rocky Road, bitches.

That'll show them jocks!

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I'd pay a lot of money to see that.

SOTY may be acting immature about the whole thing, but I think they have a right to be pissed off.

I'm very interested in hearing Godsmack's (or, their production crew's) side of the story, should they ever come out with it...