Stone Temple Pilots, With Chester Bennington, Announce A Tour And An EP This Fall.

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Jul 15, 2013.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

The band is just starting to work on their next album? You should go do your research they been working on it for the past couple of months.
    And as far as the mall soundtrack goes LP said they would would hear some stuff off of it, by june or july so yeah. Who even knows whats going
    on with that any way.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

While I agree with you a 100% percent I think The Mall shooting is finished. :unsure: It was shooting back in April 2012 and not too long ago Joe tweeted this.

You really shouldn't attack an admin every time you visit the site.

No they didn't. In May, they said we'll probably get some new LP music in the following months in LPTV's. Most likely the ones from the Asia tour.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You realize that working on and being close to finished are two different things right? Furthermore I hope you realize also that LP has generally taken 18 months minimum (sometimes way more) to record, finish and release albums. Even LIVING THINGS. In addition to this, the band never once said we'd be hearing "the mall" soundtrack in a few months. They said we may be hearing bits and pieces of new music on LPTVs by the end of the year but never said specifically what. So maybe it's you who needs to do his research first before you come in this thread and make yourself look completely misinformed and like you don't know what you're talking about. Because you just made yourself look like a tool.

And a still from a movie doesn't totally mean the movie is done. Yes filming may be complete, but the movie still needs to be spliced and edited and ran through post production and special effects. It could be potentially up to next year before we hear anything.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

[​IMG]

Geki

Geki >.

I hope after this EP with STP and the mini-tour is over, that Chester will go back to Linkin Park and work with his band. I love how the guy from STP says ''Chester has to do two weeks in Asia with Linkin Park'' like it's something Chester is forced to do instead of wants to do. I just hope Chester keeps in mind that LP is his real band and that if it wasn't for LP, he wouldn't be singing for STP right now either.

Derek

I'm sorry, but I facepalmed at this. Of course he's going to do so. Chester has stated numerous times since the announcement of his involvement with STP that LP are and always will be his top priority and there's no risk of that ever not being the case. Ever. At all. In fact, to drive that point home: when Chester signed up to STP, one of the conditions of him coming on board was that his work with STP never gets in the way of Linkin Park and that STP cannot conflict with LP's tour schedule etc. That if he decides he wants to tour with Linkin Park for a year and release a few albums between STP releases that Kretz and the DeLeo brothers need to accept that. Everyone involved accepted those terms, and even have said in interviews that they know this to be the case and accept it without problem. They've said that in almost every interview now. There's some whining fans out there who think Linkin Park are not touring in the US for the rest of 2013 because of STP, and that's total horseshit :lol:. Chester only got asked about a month or two prior to the release of "Out of Time" to join the band and the decision to limit touring for 2013 came LONG before that. Stone Temple Pilots have not had any (and will not have any) bearing on Linkin Park's recording process, or their ability to tour as a band.

If there was any chance of this destroying Linkin Park, or hurting the band's music...Chester would've declined the offer flat out. Period.

Also, although this isn't directed at anyone directly in this thread...I find it humorous that this hysteria is coming out over a band (STP) who as of recent averaged 3-4 years between albums or in one case 9 years between one album to the next.

This isn't the Beatles with their 4 albums in 4 years. We're talking about a band that since the announcement of Chester's involvement have done less than 5 shows (not including the upcoming tour). We're also talking about band who only have made 6 albums since 1992 and who aren't even releasing a full album this year, but instead an EP with Chester. There's just no chance of STP getting in the way of Chester's obligation to Linkin Park and this constant unrelenting paranoia about it is growing ridiculous.

Geki

Geki >.

Wow, this actually kind of made me realize how stupid I've acted about this whole STP thing, honestly. I didn't know all that info that Chester made before joining STP and stuff. Makes me feel a lot better. Sorry.

Hybrid

Wait wait wait... Did I read that right? I knew something about Chester that you didn't!? Mark it on the calendar. We are officially throwing a parade. In all seriousness, you're like the walking talking dictionary of all things Chester. I was kind of shocked with what you put as a post before Derek's big post. I thought you would have known that already. :lol: Anyways... Yeay for learning!

Derek

No big deal lol. And yeah LP saved Chester's life and his band mates were there for him when he had his drug relapse circa 2007-2008. He'd never leave them unless they fired his ass and I can't see LP doing that. :lol:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT...

Chester had a drug relapse circa 2007-2008? What?!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

So we're finally getting through to people! :phone:

#MACY'S #CONFETTI

Derek

That's what the name Dead By Sunrise is all about. Crawl Back In is all about the crowds he was hanging out with then who got him addicted to alcohol and drugs. The band had to stage an intervention and everything. Chester revealed this in an interview a few years back.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Woah, I didn't know this stuff either. So, I'll quote someone once again:

:lol:

Derek

Andreina

I do have to admit that in pics of him of that era he did look different and strange... This just explains everything. But as always I'm glad he was able to fight it and that he got such amazing people around him to help.

Anyway back on topic.. Hope these shows kick ass and I'm looking forward to the EP, would love a physical release but I feel this could be a digital-only kind of thing.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

There's another one with I think Kerrang! that goes more in depth than that article. Talks about weed and shit in 2003 and how Chester partied on tour while the rest of the band kind of sat back and watched.

Also, you guys getting your panties in a wad over this STP thing need to chill the fuck out. Enjoy this moment with Chester singing and making new music with a great band before time passes you by.

Hybrid

What you did there, I see it. :awesome:

Geki

Geki >.

Haha yes, you guys did know something about Chester that I didn't. Haha. I didn't know he told STP when he signed up that it could not interfere with Linkin Park and all that stuff.

Anyways, Chester was definitely struggling a lot back then. I have a couple magazines where he talks about it. In 2003, he started heavily drinking on a certain tour, and it continued into 2004. In 2005, he got divorced and that is when things got really bad for him, he drank every single day and he said by 2006 he was a full blown alcoholic who couldn't leave the house. Anyone remember the story where he tried to kill himself in his closet? I have that one too, but I don't know if that would be too personal to share. The intervention apparently was in 2006, when Talinda freaked out after Chester got out of rehab and continue to drink more than he was before. She called everyone in Linkin Park, and they all told him how much they loved him and cared for him, and he went back into rehab. He then apparently relapsed again, which is probably the 2007/2008 thing that Derek and you guys know about. I didn't actually know about his relapse in 2007/2008 until you guys said that, but now it makes sense when he said he relapsed again. I am glad that Chester pulled through his alcoholism and drug use. Mike recently said that it was a key factor in the longevity of Linkin Park as well. At least Chester pulled through his usage, unlike Scott with STP.

Derek

Actually geki your time table was a bit more accurate. I think the drug use happened more in 05-06 instead of 07-08. But still, it's so weird to see Chester replacing someone who's an addict when he had so many struggles of his own in the past. I wonder how it makes him feel.

Andreina

There must be plenty of feelings there.. It's not just about replacing a guy you looked up to so much, it's also about the circumstances. Scott's issues were/are ones that Chester got to live on his own and maybe, just maybe it can be something for him to put in perspective and also an experience that he can even extrapolate to Linkin Park. "I know what he (Scott) is going through, I know how difficult it can be for the rest of the band to cope with this situation, I don't want to risk my own band getting to this point so I will still work on doing my best both musically and as a person in the future".

Sounds cheesy but that's the way I see it. Chester's fortunately moved on from it and I just hope and wish him to continue on being better every day, now that he has a great family and circle of friends. This experience will not only make him grow as a musician but as a person as well.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013