Stereotyping-the new black?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by BloodOnTheDashboard, Feb 6, 2004.

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

Here we go, a review of all the labels I have been labelled with

*ahem*

Goth, Loser, Loner, Slut/Whore and I was actually called 'Barbie Doll' at some stage...

????????????????? :unsure: :mellow: ?????????????????

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

People that get labeled that tend to be the nicest people to talk to, but then I'm probably stereotyping here so I don't know. I actually haven't been labeled anything besides "rocker" especially since I have the baggy pants, a different band shirt every day (mostly Linkin Park) and I have those band patches all over my school bag. Not enough people notice me enough to actually label me :lol: My other friends who listen to rock music actually dress normally, and sometimes even preppy (well, the girls).

May

May Ambient

i've been called "skater", "punk", "rocker", and "goth". Just because I love black and I don't dress like the average girl. All the girls in my school wear tight clothes and seeing a girl wearing all black and baggy stuff is apparently considered "gothic" but I do admit I love the goth look and a lot of the stuff I wear is the sterotypcial "goth" image, but I don't believe this makes me a "goth". But when people ask me like "what is his style?" Yes I'll probably say "skater" or "punk" but those are the only way people really seem to get a general idea of what the person looks like. Oh and of course because I listen to Manson, LP, and Slipknot I'm a f*cking hardcore rocker/goth. :rolleyes:

BloodOnTheDashboard

BloodOnTheDashboard Well-Known Member

i got asked if i was a goth when i got my tongue pierced (w00t) :lol:
    i think i might have laughed too much that time.......

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

my friend Meaghan, she won't stop calling me a goth..I don't even friggin' LOOK like a goth. She said all I have to do is die my hair black and I would look exactly like one. :mellow: