Star Wars

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Delicious Dave, May 1, 2014.

1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

2. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Doesn't excite me nearly as much as the previous trailer. But that doesn't mean I'm not excited for the movie, cause I am. It's just that this trailer didn't really add much hype.

Christøffer likes this.
  3. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Calling it now. Skywalker has gone over to the dark side. That's him we see looking at Vader's charred head/mask, and the whole reason he hasn't existed in the posters or been seen in the trailers, is because we've already seen him...as Vader's successor.

Granted, I'm not the first to put forth this theory (it's actually circulating in comment threads for the trailer around the web), but it makes sense. Luke gets corrupted and follows in the footsteps of his father. It would upset many fans of the original trilogy, but it would be a beautiful twist.

4. Christøffer

Christøffer Don't Ask LPA Super VIP

Watch out Derek, I suggested this last night and Gibs ripped me a new one. :lol:

I think it would the most absolutely cliche and unoriginal way to go. I'd be pissed if that's how it turned out, unless they pulled it off really well.

5. Derek

It doesn't have to be cliche if written well. Of course everyone is probably expecting it at this point so the 'surprise' wouldn't really be a big one if it happened, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable IF they write it well, and I have faith they will. In fact, I can even see an emotional scene with Leia when she realizes her brother has betrayed the Jedis.

Remember, despite how miserably bad some of the prequels were...Anakin wasn't always bad. He became that way. Who says the same can't happen for Luke?

6. Christøffer

It's just cliche for that reason. Instead of getting a villain they'd be rehashing the "noble hero falls to the temptation of the Dark Side" cliche once again. It was used all over the Expanded Universe over and over again. It just doesn't work unless you really put work into it, otherwise it looks lazy. That's why I hated the comics, because they did three awful unoriginal things at once: built another planet-destroying Imperial superweapon, brought back Palapatine, and had Luke turn to the Dark Side by the convincing of Palpatine (gee, that sounds awfully familiar...let me check...).

I'm just gonna stay cautious so I might be genuinely surprised come December.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. Derek

In the same respect, I also feel that maybe this is what they want everyone to think. That they're purposely showing/hiding just enough to misdirect and throw fans off the scent.

8. Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Wow. That totally doesn't look like Adam Driver as Kylo Ren. :doge:

[thumb]http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_978,w_1440/t_mp_quality/xxknmngcp14bedylfh8c/kylo-ren-obsessed-with-darth-vadar-darth-revan-in-star-wars-7-kylo-ren-is-not-an-easy-512950.jpg[/thumb]

And that leaked photo of Mark Hamill as Luke on set? FORGET IT!

http://geekleagueofamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Luke_Skywalker_The_Force_Awakens.jpg

I made this one a link since not everyone is gonna wanna see his look for the film. It's really great. :)

Granted, there were rumors nearly a year ago that Luke would be the villain, but I don't see it happening. It would be a ballsy movie though, I'd give them that. I agree with what Derek said though, it's all about execution if they do do it. You could say that Luke could be Kylo Ren's master, but I'm more than sure that is Andy Serkis' role.

Christøffer likes this.
  9. Christøffer

I feel the same way, which is why I still have hope. You can never know. They're pulling a Qwerty maneuver.

#lpreferences
    #solame
    #comeatme
    :kappa:

Haven't we been over the fact that we have not seen Ren's face? Wasn't David Prowse Vader...but Sebastian Shaw was used for the Death Star scene in Episode 6...with James Earl Jones' voice all three times...? Hmm...interesting...

10. Gibs

That's not just a behind-the-scenes set photo or leaked pic, it's an officially released still from the movie. :lol: I get what you're trying to say, but they're not going to go that way.

Christøffer likes this.
  11. Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Not watching the trailers

12. Wasabi GOD

Wasabi GOD Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Antiwhite propaganda :lol:

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" <-- Fits perfect for the whole situation in Germany right now.

To the trailer... YES!!!

If Luke will be the villain, i would be very pissed :lol: This step wouldnt make any sense to me...

Christøffer likes this.
  13. Gibs

My best guess for Luke not appearing in the marketing is that 1) J.J. knows we want to see him, he's a cock-teasing bastard and 2) Luke is dead, and is in the film as a Force Ghost, much like Obi-Wan. While else would his reveal be kept so damn secret? Maybe that's why The Battle of Jakku is going to be so significant. It's where the only living Jedi died. :obama:

Christøffer likes this.
  14. Derek

DUDE. Luke Skywalker dead? Now *that* would be a plot twist worth hiding and going to all these lengths to misdirect etc. Very good thinking!

15. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

If you pause the trailer where Kylo Ren is going up against Finn, you see that the mask is off and it's Adam Drivers hair.
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/102015-170701_proof.png[/thumb]

So no, Kylo Ren is not Luke. Now put that silly thought away.

Also
    [thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/102015-165618_what.png[/thumb]

Is that bandaged up or did someone forget a piece of the suit?

16. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

If you mean the scene where Kylo Ren is starring at Vader's helemt, Gibs already showed us Adam Driver is playing his character.
    [thumb]http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_978,w_1440/t_mp_quality/xxknmngcp14bedylfh8c/kylo-ren-obsessed-with-darth-vadar-darth-revan-in-star-wars-7-kylo-ren-is-not-an-easy-512950.jpg[/thumb]

Apart from that, we have seen Luke, not face to face, but that is him at 1:40

Just incase, Its pretty clear that's Luke as show by the 2nd Teaser when he's narrating at 0:42
    [video=youtube;wCc2v7izk8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w[/video]

17. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

So people were saying that Vadar might be alive because Ren says "I will finish what you started" like he's talking to some people. That could easily be him just talking out loud to the burnt helmet, but I did just notice that Luke said in the teaser "my father has it (the force)." Is that just a writing mistake where it should actually be past tense since he's dead, or is he actually alive?

Christøffer likes this.
  18. Gibs

It's not impossible. I mean, Anakin is still "alive" as a Force Ghost, as we saw at the end of Return Of The Jedi. Luke says has because (I'm assuming), he still converses with him. Now a Force Ghost Anakin appearing to Kylo Ren? I doubt it. It's either just Kylo talking aloud to the helmet, or, the Vader helmet with that line is just a red herring, and he's talking to Andy Serkis' Supreme Leader Snoke or something.

Christøffer likes this.
  19. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

He's saying has because they just took that little speech between Luke and Leia in ROTJ, re-recorded it and put it in there. No idea why they didn't change it though ... I guess since there's an sinister sounding echo under those lines in the trailer you can make some weird "echoes from the past" argument. But I think they just didn't consider the change.

20. minusxerø

minusxerø ohai LPA Addicted VIP

"Oh hey, I should check up on what the LPA thought of the new trailer."

Loads up thread, sees people spouting the bullshit "I think Luke is Kylo Ren" rumour

"Nope. Peace."