St.Anger - Metallica

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by rhprod1, Sep 1, 2005.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I blame MTV for that, and the whole icon show, atrocious television. The Metallica Medley at the end saved the day though.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

And where the fuck did Avril Lavigne come into this? Even I'd cover Metallica if I was gonna get paid a hell of a lot of money for it.

And can everyone shut the fuck up about how a band isn't a certain genre of music because people/bands of other genres cover them... Actually, forget that last point because OMIGOSH THE WHITE STRIPES AREN'T ROCK BECAUSE JOSS STONE COVERED ONE OF THEIR SONGS!!

NOTE: BANDS DO NOT CHANGE GENRE BECAUSE SOMEONE FROM A DIFFERENT GENRE COVERS THEIR SONGS!

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

And where the fuck did Avril Lavigne come into this? Even I'd cover Metallica if I was gonna get paid a hell of a lot of money for it.

And can everyone shut the fuck up about how a band isn't a certain genre of music because people/bands of other genres cover them... Actually, forget that last point because OMIGOSH THE WHITE STRIPES AREN'T ROCK BECAUSE JOSS STONE COVERED ONE OF THEIR SONGS!!

NOTE: BANDS DO NOT CHANGE GENRE BECAUSE SOMEONE FROM A DIFFERENT GENRE COVERS THEIR SONGS! [/b][/quote]
    i love you :hug:

I think this album was good. It would be cool if they would go back to the Master Of Puppets time, but that wouldnt fit into today's music.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I would love this album 10 times more if it just sounded better. Sounded a little cleaner with the guitars. The "broken amp" sounds makes everything sound muddy. The bass is lost. I like St. Anger though. It's my style of music. They just need to expand on it.

I'd be pissed if Avril covered one of my songs because I think she sucks. Joss Stone = a boxorz of roxorz

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Since people started posting about how Reanimation isn't metal.

Well duh. [/b][/quote]
    So, July 2002?

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I blame MTV for that, and the whole icon show, atrocious television. The Metallica Medley at the end saved the day though. [/b][/quote]
    I dunno, I thought Aaron Lewis, Korn, and Limp Bizkit were pretty damn good.

Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

I dunno, I thought Aaron Lewis, Korn, and Limp Bizkit were pretty damn good. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, the whole show was good...even Avril :D (But cover like I Disappear instead of Fuel...she completely fucked up the "Oooh, yeah-ah." part) :lol:

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

St. Anger was alright, instrumentally. but hetfield's vocals........ugh.

I'd say it's their second worst album to date.

palingenesis

palingenesis Well-Known Member

i personally dont like this album, its tottaly not like metallica to do something like that. the drums are clangly....everything is so unclean and unmanaged, i could barely listen to the whole thing.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It was okay. I guess it got such a bad reception because Metallica are legendary, or at least their earlier albums are. The production was shoddy too.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I like the album. I also found myself appreciating the album a whole lot more after watching "Some Kind Of Monster".

Cale.

Cale. Banned

When i first heard it, I wasn't too impressed. But the more i listen to that album, the more i see into it and its a good album. Its different but as they say you gotta move forward and i think it still has the elements of a great album. Bob Rock needs a kick in the ass for the deliberately average mixing job though. I think alot of the people who said its crap are living in the past, whats the point putting out album after album that is the same? People are still talking about it so it hit a mark.

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

i love you :hug:

I think this album was good. It would be cool if they would go back to the Master Of Puppets time, but that wouldnt fit into today's music. [/b][/quote]
    Since when is that a bad thing? If Metallica went back to the MOP days, they could make a comeback. Cos personally, I think they sold out after St. Anger.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Since when is that a bad thing? If Metallica went back to the MOP days, they could make a comeback. Cos personally, I think they sold out after St. Anger. [/b][/quote]
    how exactly did they sell out after St. Anger?

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Since when is that a bad thing? If Metallica went back to the MOP days, they could make a comeback. Cos personally, I think they sold out after St. Anger. [/b][/quote]
    Im not saying its a bad thing, i just think that it wouldnt fit in todays music. 8 minutes war songs isnt exactly todays music. Right? :p

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

They didn't sell out after St. Anger...

They sold out before it...

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

The sold out practically 14 years ago.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Selling out is a stupid term. How did they sell out anyway.

They cut their hair?
    They made an album that sold 14x platinum?
    They sued Napster?
    They changed their music style?

Please explain.

DIJ Metal

DIJ Metal Banned

I agree with Skywalker what makes them sell outs? they cut their hair because maybe they were tired of it not because they wanted to fit in with everyone else that's the last thing Metallica is about. They went double diamond with Black Album you're just fuckin jealous lol They sued Napster because Napster had it coming to them. Last thing in today's society that old MOP era sound wouldn't have sold shit so they had to change their style and let's think of it this way if they never changed styles they would have never made I Disappear that song is my favorite Metallica song.

They are not sellouts. they sellout when they start doing tv commercials for burger king or some shit like that lol *coughozzycough*