Special Edition Promises More of Shinoda

Discussion in 'News' started by Omar, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

There'd better be a Hahn track, or I'm disappointed. >_<

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Dave Grohl? Whenever I hear him live he sounds like shit. Chester isn't the best but I think he's better than Grohl

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

if Grohl is the guy from Foo Fighters, I hate him. him and the guy from Smashing Pumpkins are my top 2 least favorite vocalists.

jordanspringer

jordanspringer Active Member

This is good news, I have preordered the Super Fan pack (with the hardcover book), so I'm presuming this edition, AND the regular special edition (DVD+CD) will have these bonus tracks.

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

Agreed.

And I think I have to go with a few other people here, Maynard and Chester have best voices in our generation.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

So hearing the constant *bleep* instead of a cuss is less annoying to you..?

I don't see why people get bugged by cussing in songs sometimes, it doesn't necessarily ruin a song.. It's just another word. I'd rather hear that than a song sounding really choppy because I chose to have the cussing cut out.

Eh, whatev. ;P

K1LLSW1TCH

K1LLSW1TCH Active Member

Chester's great. I'd agree on the "one of the best" statement Mike made.

I keep getting confused with all the special editions they've got going on. They definately should release just one mondosuper special edition and leave it at that.

I'm glad there will be more Mike. This album feels short to me without him in it as much.

zzfaugc

zzfaugc Well-Known Member

I'm glad I could help.
    The thing with me is that I'm still deciding whether I'm getting a clean or explicit version.
    Long story short, since their last album came out, I started going to church and basically my taste in music also changed over time.
    Whenever I listen to anything explicit, my head instantly edits out the explicit lyrics.
    In fact, I haven't even bought anything with a PA on it for months.
    One of my favorite parts about the band was their sound and the aggressive feel to it. However, it was clean.
    Although hearing particular lyrics doesn't offend me, I want something I can sing along too.
    (And no, I'm not trying to get into any sort of religious discussion or anything.)
    But the thing is, I also want to be able to get the album the day it comes out. I know that won't happen if I order it online. Thus, I will probably still be deciding between the edited and explicit version when I get to the store. I have Green Day's American Idiot and still really enjoy it, even though my taste has changed since that came out.
    It's really something you have to decide for yourself. Either way, cursing or not, the overall message behind the lyrics probably wouldn't change that much.
    As far as a PA label, I think they are saying, while it probably isn't flagrant, the content is too much for kids.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

A single "fuck" will get you a PA sticker if you're label's enough of an asshole. I'd hardly use it as a measure of the amount of swearing in an album, and I certainly wouldn't waste my time on a censored version of ANYTHING. Stuff wasn't made to be censored. IMO, you either listen to it in its pure, unaltered form, or you don't listen to it at all.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think that they should release a "legendary" version—no, six "legendary" versions, with the discs inside replicas of each of the band members' heads.

zzfaugc

Yea, the label is definitely a factor. I remember wondering how Green Day's Nimrod got away without a label and some other albums with less cursing in it did get a label. So, it really is based mostly on the actual content itself.
    In hindsight, I've always been annoyed by edited versions because, not only might they take out the lyric, but they also add weird sound affects that ruin the song. I remember I accidently bought an edited LL Cool J album years ago without knowing the original actually had a PA label on it. I ended up getting the regular version later and realized they actually took out more than the swearing.
    On top of that, another way to decide about which version to get is to put yourself in the position of the artist and decide how you might feel about somebody editing your album like that.
    And, when you get down to it, it also depends on your personal comfort level. So, it really leaves a person with three options: go online and order a clean version, get a censored/edited version, or go to the store and get the original album.

(For what it's worth, I'm REALLY glad these forums allow intelligent discussion.)

zzfaugc

I hear that!

Kobe #24

Kobe #24 Well-Known Member

awesome!

so will there be itunes special tracks as well as special edition ones?

zzfaugc

Also, Chester and Chino Moreno from the Deftones are both awesome live.
    It will be fun to see Chester again now that he has changed how he sings.

I don't know if Chester's the best, but he's near the top of my list. He's certainly unique.

And more Mike in the... who the heck can tell the difference edition... sounds cool.

KameeR

KameeR Member

this news was on ultimate guitar a while ago, and they had a video

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I would never say anybody is the best at anything related to music simply because you never know who is or was out there but Chino??? Are you drunk? Effects don't even make him sound good. One thing I notice with singers is they tend to scream when they get to a note that they can't hit, but with that dude there is no high pitch. He has to scream when he gets past whispering.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

both of Three Days Grace's albums say fuck once or twice each, and they don't have the PA sticker. I forgot what label they're on though...

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

:lol:

I hope I'm not the only one who understands that.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I love me some Halo references.

Rube Ranter

Rube Ranter Active Member

Actually, no you don't. He isn't that good. I've seen him twice live, and he's not a bad singer, but I just don't think he's all that special. I love Breaking Benjamin, don't get me wrong. I'm a big Chevelle fan too, and I'm not convinced he should be on that sort of list either but I seen him on it before Ben.

I personally am surprised no one has mentioned Aaron Lewis.

Chester is amazing, the scream on Given Up is just disgustingly good. Songs like Valentines Day and Shadow of the Day, TLYGA, he displays this versatility that I think really puts him among the top. He is probably one of my favorite vocalists by far. His range is just crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.