Song Identification Help

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Seanlp608, Nov 5, 2013.

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Hey guys! So yesterday, I was listening to the radio and a song came on that I didn't know. The station didn't mention the name and I forgot which station it was so I've been trying to locate it.

It was a new edm/dance type song that had a female and male vocalist. Lyrically, I only remember that the male vocal only came in to say "yeah" before instrumental breaks. In addition, there were also horns being utilized heavily in the instrumental. Do any of you have any idea what song this was?

The members of the LPA have the most eclectic tastes in music so I thought if you guys couldn't help me find this song, no one would be able to haha.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I can try to help when I get home. Where are you located? Stations in different areas can have massively different playlists.

Seanlp608

Thanks a lot man! And I live in the Bay Area. The only stations that I think would play it are 99.7 or 94.9.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Damn ... that's a not very good description.

Seanlp608

I know I know my bad, but it all just escaped from my mind. I know that the female was singing the majority of the time and the lyrics were centered around her saying "you lift?raise?bring? me up?higher?" It was something like that, and she sounded somewhat like Rihanna. The male voice only came in and out throughout the song, he had no verse on the song. And the instrumental had a distinct horn/trumpet sound riff rather than the generic synth that a lot of dance songs are currently using. Since it was played on the radio and was edm I thought it might be a big song that I simply didn't know about. Hopefully, that description narrows it a bit.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I'm not sure, but you can use Shazam on your phone the next time the song comes on! It's free, and it helps identify the song for you easily. :)

Justin V.

Let me guess..... Boom:

[video=youtube;lAhHNCfA7NI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAhHNCfA7NI[/video]

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Instead of Mr. Saxobeat i would redirect you to this one

[video=youtube;HgeODQbcTjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgeODQbcTjo[/video]

No need to thank me, i am awesome, i know that already :3

Seanlp608

Thank you guys so much! It turns out it was Mr. Saxobeat, but I'm digging this other song as well! I guess I need to listen to more Alexandra Stan.

This is exactly what's so special about the LPA: it's filled with wizards :)

Justin V.

Anytime fellow LPAer!