Somewhere I Belong Video: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Bryan, Feb 28, 2003.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yes, on the songs he plays the guitar on, he does play it live. Download a live video of Crawling, you'll see him playing it ;)

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

ok so i watched the video a few more times and ive really gotten to enjoy it i take back all the bad things i said i really like the video

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

I think the dubbing is bad :(

tiffslilcrush112

tiffslilcrush112 Active Member

I thought it was original too. It realli showz how creative LP is...and once again Joe did a great job w/ the vid, lyke his pass onez. Ill b looking forward 2 LP'z upcoming vidz for Meteroa

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yes, on the songs he plays the guitar on, he does play it live. Download a live video of Crawling, you'll see him playing it ;) [/b][/quote]
    Download a live video of crawling? Man it just took me like 3 and half hours to get SIB video. But i think that is cool that he plays guitar. The dude is multitalented. Sweet!!!

But to anybody who saw the video on TV today, cause I don't have MTV2 did the quality of the video seem any better?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yes, on the songs he plays the guitar on, he does play it live. Download a live video of Crawling, you'll see him playing it ;) [/b][/quote]
    Yes, and he plays guitar on "Pushing Me Away" as well.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yes, and he plays guitar on "Pushing Me Away" as well. [/b][/quote]
    Yea, but I figured it would be easier to find a live video of Crawling, than Pushing Me Away so I just said Crawling. :p

Oblivion

Oblivion Guest

As much as I like the song, I hated the video, original yes but all in all I didnt like the video. Its pretty good compared to some videos like "The Anthem" and other crappy wanna be rap/rock videos..... The fire was awesome tho! And I like where they show mike rapping.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

i like the video after watching it over and over again its a reall good video

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

Yea it kinda grows on ya........

DragonBlade

DragonBlade Well-Known Member

It's a pretty awesome video, their, what, 9th one?

1.One Step Closer
    2.Crawling
    3.In The End
    4.Cure For The Itch
    5.Papercut
    6.Pts.Of.Athrty
    7.Frgt/10
    8.Kyur4 Th Ich
    9.Wth>You
    10.Somewhere I Belong

Hmm... guess I was wrong, it's their 10th, unless I missed some.

I think it's pretty cool, Mike looks a little weird when they show him doing the first verse though, and Chester falling down towords the bed from the top-veiw looked a little stupid, and the cg creatures on the painting look kinda dumb too, but other then that, it's pretty cool, I'd give it a 8 of 10.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

well, 3 of them were made for MTV Playback/Reanimation DVD-A, Cure For the Itch was made for Frat Party....they've only had 6 singles; OSC, Crawling, Papercut, ITE, Pts.Of.Athrty and SIB.

hell, the most of the playback videos didn't feature the band, so technically they've made 6 single videos, but 4 videos just for the hell of it. :p i don't consider non-single videos official videos.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

here's a pic of mike on guitar in concert. :p

and it was during a performance of crawling, i've taken screens from all my live videos. :p

DragonBlade

DragonBlade Well-Known Member

I thought papercut was just on frat party? I've never seen it on TV or anything, just on frat party. I thought Frgt/10's vid was an "official" one as well, since it seems to be, but I knew kyur and wth>you were just for the hell of it.

Ahhh, whatever =P

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Papercut was a single in the UK, and the video was never played on US TV untill the Family Values Tour 2001 special when Linkin Park premiered it in the US.

But the video was never played that often, I think because it wasn't really MTV-ish.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

i think it was a very nice music vid. all the weirdness of the vid represent how unique LP is. i was just expecting something better....

i think dat their next single will be out in late 2003 or in 2004.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Late 2003-2004? :blink:

No way, their next single will probably be out sometime around August.

Dumb_Ass_2003

Dumb_Ass_2003 New Member

Its just the encoding. Hopefully better tv rips will be out soon.

jawknee

jawknee Guest

i hear that. anywho, MY view: the beginning is very weird because chester appears to be a zombie because he isn't moving his body. after that, it begins to kick some ass. mike's background is really appropriate to the song. the set where the entire band is, is great. focusing so much on those damn toys was not. the fire is cool, and i wish there was more of a focus of those creatures, like maybe tearing up the set! great job lp! my favorite video is still crawling, though. B)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

The videos for "One Step Closer," "Crawling," and "In The End" were released to the entire world, as were their CD singles. "Papercut" was only made for the U.K. fans to show them how much they cared because they were feeling left out. The "Points Of Authority" and "Cure For The Itch" videos were only made for the "Frat Party At The Pankake Festival" DVD. "Pts.Of.Athrty" was Reanimation's only single. "Frgt/10," "Wth>You," and "Kyur4 Th Ich" were made for a special called "MTV Playback" where MTV played Reanimation with those videos to go along with the music (Mr. Hahn made them) and LP chose to release a few to the public and put "Frgt/10" and "Kyur4 Th Ich" on their DVD for Reanimation, and "Somewhere I Belong" is the first single off of Meteora. So, the only official videos are "One Step Closer," "Crawling," "In The End," "Papercut," "Pts.Of.Athrty," and "Somewhere I Belong."

I typed way too much for it only being 3:11 a.m.