Small suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by SecondCityKids, Jul 29, 2010.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Perhaps we should go back to the 50 post rule. I mean I understand that requires you guys to look at every post of a new user but going through the threads around here recently it seems like the IQ level has dropped quite a bit. I mean still alot better then most LP related sites but it's getting kinda aggravating to see people make straight up stupid comments. I know you guys have lives and it isn't exactly ideal to have to go through that but to hold up the integrity of this community by keeping the "OMGz MIKE sHInODA is dA besTEST" or the "FUK nU lP. mTm wAS tooO SOFT!!!" out. Also to keep false news of someone hearing the new songs. Like people saying they got previews when we all know they didn't which causes mass confusion among newer not so experienced members. Just saying

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

What is this 50 post rule?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's where members with 50 posts or less had to have their posts approved before they showed up on the boards. We had it around Minutes To Midnight, and it helped improve the intelligence of the forums considerably.

In the same respect though, it also turned many people away from the boards because the ones that weren't typing like morons got caught up in the rule, and got tired of having to sometimes wait 10-15 minutes for a post to show (if nobody was around to approve it) when others with more posts had theirs appear instantly. It was slightly unfair and that's why we removed it and no longer have it.

However, with that said...if enough members request we put it back, we will consider it and discuss it as staff.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

I was wondering why the threads were so active. :lol:

I think it was a good rule and should be put back but maybe a 25 posts limit is enough?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

To be fair, even when we had the rule we didn't delete or prevent many posts from getting through. Only one's that posted the same thing three times because they didn't understand why they couldn't see their original post, was probably the most common. There does seem to be an uprising of not-so-intelligent posts on here, and I don't mind approving.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Nah, you should let everybody post without approval, good laughs are guaranteed that way :lol:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

yeaahhh, i really think a smaller 25 post requirement would be best. it seems that my IQ points dropped from just reading some of the n00bish posts that i have seen of late.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I would prefer 25 posts - that should be enough to tell how intelligent someone is.
    Although, I don't think it is necessary at the current time.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah, if the rule is brought back I think 50 posts would be too high. Maybe 20 or 25.

I don't think I'd mind too much if it isn't brought back in the first place though, if most of the posts were being approved anyway there probably isn't much point. If people are noticing more noob-ish behaviour it's probably just because there are a lot of new members joining and posting due to the upcoming album.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
    Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Hire another mod to approve posts?

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I prefer berating people for their inane posts.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

As a new user I wouldn't necessarily mind this rule but I think reminding people to report any childish comments would be a lot more effective. Doing this should prevent havoc amongst all the new and "legitimate" users while still maintaining a degree of control.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If there was one mod doing it by themselves, they'd just be shouldering a load of responsibility without it being that necessary.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

r U dIsSiN mE?

:lol:

How about enforce the preview button then? Press the preview button and then the "Submit" button shows up?

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Problem with that is most people who riTE liek DIS find it acceptable and won't care if the preview shows what they just typed. :lol:
    Anyway, I think that if this rule is enforced a 20-25 post limit would suffice. :)